Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Entry form:

-Information-
    Challenge Number: 1
    Origin ID: SyddyB206
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Awesome 80's
    Gallery Link: https://tinyurl.com/y7vsodez
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes
    Additional Notes: The build on the gallery looks kind of un-finished, but in the pictures I took, it isn't.

-Images-
    Street View: 26386854719_91293d1d28_h.jpg

Top View:
    26386851229_a14cc1366c_h.jpg, 26386848129_ee901d636d_h.jpg, 26386845079_9320f721e6_h.jpg

1-5 Additional Images:
    https://flickr.com/photos/151014722@N05/albums/72157665867853739
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Very nice exterior design of Awesome 80’s! @SyddyB206 :) The roofing design and the type of and placement of the windows gives a very nice look to the home! Very nice front porch. The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home looks very nice! The coat shelf near the front door is a homely touch and the wall tapestry is nice for sims to see as they enter the home. Very nice red, orange and yellow colour scheme of the living room. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa watching tv, with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. The design of the kitchen with the placement of the bar stool counter and wall cabinets looks very nice. The green colour scheme suits the 80s home theme well. Very nice dining room! The different patterned dining chairs look nice and gives a great feel and look to the room! The wall decor pictures are a great touch in the room. Nice study desk room for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book. The double bookcases in the room looks great. Very nice upper landing gaming area. Sims will have fun playing foosball and the Llama tabletop game there. The colour schemes and furnishing of the bedrooms looks very nice! Nice sitting nooks in the rooms, The different colours used in the rooms throughout the home look very effective and nice !
    It is a very nice 80s home! :)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited November 2017
    -Information-
    Challenge Number: 01
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Back to the 80s
    Gallery Link: Here (will update this, the Gallery isn't working properly for me) EDIT: Finally got it
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes please
    Additional Notes:

I really tried to capture everything the 80s was about. The floral patterns. The shabby chic style. The love for vinyl and carpet floors. The cushions and the potted plants everywhere. Pastel colors, glass dining tables and tables with fabric skirts. To me this is the 80s.

I did create an indoor game area, to enjoy a few drinks at the bar or a game of foosball or darts. There are extra sofas inside, as well as extra seating outside on the back terrace. There is also a picnic and BBQ area for guests to enjoy sitting outside under the string lights. All in all Elijah has made sure there is plenty of seating for his guests.

Playability note:
    The dresser right by the entrance door is not functional. It is purely decorative. In this particular case I made that choice since there are functional dressers in the bedroom, and the one in the living area was more to fill up space

-Images-
    Street View:
    OcJBNk6.png

Top View: (show the layout)
    KoWyIPK.png

1-5 Additional Images:
    dqvbC7X.png
    2RbNnkE.png
    OcUmUKK.png
    XZzOP3w.png
    Jpr750F.png
    Post edited by Ninnster on
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    @Laebeth, you completely caught it completely. I did the California style and your style is very much like it was in the eastern US during that time. If I didn't know better, I would say your house is very close to the house my husband and I bought in 1982 and was even decorated in that style. :)
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

The exterior design and roofing of Back to the 80s is very nice! @Laebeth :) The exterior wall textures look nice together and the open shutter windows are a nice touch in the build. The flowers along the edges of the front porch and front edges of the home look very pretty! Very nice outdoors picnic and BBQ area! Sims will enjoy cooking outdoors and eating meals at the picnic tables in the sunshine. The colourful floor rugs look very nice! The string lights look pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wall tiling and the flooring in the kitchen suits the 80s theme well. The dish rack, wall utensils, bread box, spice set and knives block are great kitchen touches. The floral wallpaper and the type of curtains used in the master bedroom looks pretty. Very nice games and bar room! Sims will have fun playing foosball, and darts there, and enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The wall pictures add a nice look to the room. Very nice open plan layout of the living and dining areas. The blue colour scheme looks very nice. The flowers on the dining , side wall, dresser and coffee tables are pretty for sims to see when eating meals, reading books or relaxing watching tv. The display plates and candles are nice home touches on the tables, and the crockery cabinets look nice placed either sides of the table. The coat stand and wall plates are great homely touches. Very nice seating area for sims to rest and read a book, or they will have fun dancing to the stereo music! Very nice wall patterning in the bathroom. The toiletries and hair dryer are great touches on the sink counter.
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited November 2017
    @kimartist Oh thanks sweetie! I was really hoping I got the style down, so your feedback means a lot to me! 80s was a fun decade to try and replicate :p

@rosemow Thank you so much Rosemow! You notice everything :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited November 2017
    @SyddyB206, @leashahampton, @Laebeth thanks for submitting!
    Hi everyone! If you are wanting to enter into this weeks competition or just submit your build, this is your time warning!

**You have 11 more hours to submit a build**

:)
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Origin ID: Xraygrl2004
    Entry Level: Starting Out
    Gallery Name Of Build: 80s Colonial
    Gallery Link: h.ttps://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/77F6C8C3C1F611E7835105A57EEC9667
    Additional Notes: This is my first full lot build I've submitted for a challenge. I had a blast doing this build. It made me think back to how the style was in my early childhood. Hope you enjoy!

Street view:
    [IMG]ht.tp://i63.tinypic.com/242vlfa.jpg[/IMG]
    Top view:
    First/Ground Floor
    [IMG]h.ttp://i64.tinypic.com/2qamlqf.jpg[/IMG]
    2nd/Top Floor
    [IMG]h.ttp://i64.tinypic.com/149z4ag.jpg[/IMG]
    Additional Images:
    [IMG]h.ttp://i67.tinypic.com/2ivd2tu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]h.ttp://i67.tinypic.com/2rgi80p.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]ht.tp://i66.tinypic.com/992hcg.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]ht.tp://i68.tinypic.com/96xs94.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]ht.tp://i63.tinypic.com/14jb2wm.jpg[/IMG]
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Gallery Name Of Build: 80s Colonial
    Gallery Link: h.ttps://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/77F6C8C3C1F611E7835105A57EEC9667
    Additional Notes: This is my first full lot build I've submitted for a challenge. I had a blast doing this build. It made me think back to how the style was in my early childhood. Hope you enjoy!

Street view:
    242vlfa.jpg
    Top view:
    First/Ground Floor
    2qamlqf.jpg
    2nd/Top Floor
    149z4ag.jpg
    Additional Images:
    2ivd2tu.jpg
    2rgi80p.jpg
    992hcg.jpg
    96xs94.jpg
    14jb2wm.jpg

Thank you for submitting!
    The exterior design of 80s Colonial looks very nice! @xraygrl2004 :) The wooden and brick exterior of the walls looks very nice together. The flowers look pretty in the front garden and the bird bath is a nice touch there. The double garage looks great! Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen is very nice! The floral wallpaper looks pretty, and the flloor patterning suits the type of home well. The bar stool counter looks great. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. Very nice open plan living and dining areas. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas watching tv together. The U shaped positioning of the sofas looks very nice. The fruit bowl is a great touch on the dining table. Very nice green colour scheme and wall patterning in the kids bedroom! It looks very effective! The games room looks great! Sims will have fun playing arcade machine games, foosball, card game table games and the Llama table top game there. It is great that there is a basket ball court in the build.
    edited November 2017
    **ATTENTION**

Dynamic Developers challenge 1 is now ended!

Thank you everyone for submitting your builds!

The new challenge will be posted soon and the results from this challenge will be posted tomorrow at 9:00AM USA (CT).

The final entries were:

*cmbaker16 with That 80s House
    dalektables with ddchallenge - 01
    kimartist with 80's Retro
    LeashaLoves with Retro Residence
    SyddyB206 with Awesome 80's
    Ninnster with Back to the 80s
    Xraygrl2004 with 80s Colonial*
    Post edited by JosieAnglin on
    edited November 2017
    mmZxWbm.jpg

Marci’s cramped, square dining room is in need of a make-over. There isn’t enough room for Marci and her growing family. The floor is currently carpeted and the walls are covered in wallpaper. Light is provided only by two wall lamps. The room is done in harsh colors and overall looks very old. Will you remake her dining room for her? She has provided a list of items she is looking for in her dining room. She would really love if her walls could be changed to a light color to brighten up the room. Since her family is growing, she will need at least one high-chair in her dining room and also a table that will seat a family of six. She also really wants to get rid of the door that allows you to enter into the dining room and would love to replace it with an archway to open up the room. Lastly, she really wants the theme of her new dining room to be farm house themed!

Your Objective:

Create a new dining room for Marci and her growing family.

Budget:

Must not exceed $30,000.

Requirements:

Must have a farm house theme.
    Must have a high-chair for at least one toddler.
    Must be able to seat 6.
    Must have a light color on the walls. (Can be plain or a design)
    Must have at least one archway coming into the room, not a door.

Additional Notes:

Flooring and windows are completely up to you.
    Lighting is completely up to you.
    You are allowed to change the shape of the room for this build.
    Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, November 12th at 6:00PM USA (CT)

Winners Will Be Announced:

Monday, November 13th at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Please remember to use #DD , #DynamicDevelopers , #DD2 if you are submitting your builds to the gallery.

***Please make sure you are uploading this as a ROOM not a lot. If you have any questions on this, please let me know.***

Room Download:

If you would like to download Marci’s dining room to create her make-over click the image below.
    **This is not required since you are allowed to change the shape of the room.**

If the link isn’t working for you, search #DD2 or “DD - Marci’s Dining Room”

ZYpqnqp.jpg

Entry form:

-Information-
    Challenge Number:
    Origin ID:
    Entry Level:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Would You Like Criticism:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    Top View: (show the layout)
    1-5 Additional Images:

Good luck! I can't wait to see all of the builds!
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Great job everyone! So many amazing 80's styled houses :)

I'll enter this weeks challenge @JosieAnglin, can't wait to get home from work and start this :)
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Challenge Number: 2
    Gallery Name Of Build: Country Chic Dining
    Gallery Link: h.ttps://www.ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/01D56A4CC2EF11E78F7AEC099AB30C43
    Would You Like Criticism: yes please
    Additional Notes:
    Top View:
    [IMG]h.ttp://i66.tinypic.com/9gdgkn.jpg[/IMG]
    Additional images:
    [IMG]h.ttp://i63.tinypic.com/2d8ghgj.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]h.ttp://i66.tinypic.com/20hwu87.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]h.ttp://i67.tinypic.com/35be0ee.jpg[/IMG]
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Deleted
    Post edited by StangMix2 on
    Gallery Name Of Build: Country Chic Dining
    Gallery Link: h.ttps://www.ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/01D56A4CC2EF11E78F7AEC099AB30C43
    Would You Like Criticism: yes please
    Additional Notes:
    Top View:
    9gdgkn.jpg
    Additional images:
    2d8ghgj.jpg
    20hwu87.jpg
    35be0ee.jpg

Great room @xraygrl2004 :) Very country!
    Thank you for posting that for xraygrl2004, @StangMix2
    Thank you for posting that for xraygrl2004, @StangMix2

No problem :) I tried to do it on my phone earlier, but it wasn't working properly. Ended up deleting the comment and doing it right when I arrived home :)
    I want to thank everyone again for entering into this competition!

Here are your results for challenge 1 - the 80's:
    EXPERIENCED:

@Cmbaker16
    Notes:
    The shape of your house literally looks like it was built in the 80’s, great job. Your landscaping looks really clean and neat. Your edging around the windows look beautiful, I love that you used the terrain tool to make it look like dirt. The tree out back is really cute and the seats under the tree looks really special. I love that you played with colors. The pink walls in the dining room with the red appliances and chairs look really cool together. Also, great choice on using tile on the walls and floors in the kitchen. The blue cabinets back to back so they’re facing opposite directions is really creative. I don’t know how you got all those colors in the dining room/kitchen to all work together, but you did, great job. The party room down stairs is awesome. The wood paneling on the walls and floors is perfect for the 80’s theme. I also love that you added a bathroom for the guests downstairs, that was very thought out. You incorporated all requirements and all of the main items in your home were playable. The master bedroom and bathroom are great sizes. You really stuck to the challenge by not using any modern technology. Great job!

Criticism:
    There were really only a couple of things I would have changed/added. On the patio in the back, I would have added a little bit of lighting. In the evening and at night it’s very dark and sims aren’t able to party all night with no lighting! The basketball hoop is a really awesome touch and I’m not sure if you kept grass under it on purpose, but either paving it or using the terrain tool to make it look like the grass is scuffed up would have made it look even more realistic. The last thing I noticed is that a few of your walls are empty. A few more paintings or mirrors on some of the walls and I think your house would have been totally authentic.

@Pennypolendina
    Notes:
    The shape of your home is very unique and pretty. I love the way you did the curved balconies and the skylights look awesome. Your landscaping is really nice and I love that you put lights mixed in with the plants. Your home over all looks very expensive and would have been built for the wealthy! I’m impressed with your use of dark wall colors mixed in with the pops of pink and blue furniture. I love that the rugs in the home aren’t perfectly placed, they’re all at an angle. I feel like that little detail really prevents this house from turning into a modern house build and keeps it looking like an 80’s home. There is plenty of room and seating for all the sims attending this party, great job. All of the lounge areas look amazing. I love that every level of the house is like a loft of the previous level. The hot tub is a really great addition. Great job!

Criticism:
    The first floor was awesome with the black and white and the pops of color, but I feel like you weren’t consistent on your second floor. You only added the one blue colored rug and the blue chairs on the balcony on the second floor and kept everything else black and white. I would have loved to see those pops of colors throughout the entire home. I also would have liked to see a few more items that sims attending the party could use to entertain themselves with.

@Kimartist
    Notes:
    *Moved you to Experienced level*
    The outside of your house is beautiful. I love the shape of the home you created. The mixture of wood paneling and stone on the outside definitely fits the 80’s theme. The way you placed the half walls in the front patio area is really unique and I love the shape of it. The landscaping is really clean and pretty. I love that in your edging around the home you used the terrain tool to add stone instead of making it look like dirt, I really like that and I’ve never seen that before. The tile on the walls and floors in the kitchen, as well as wood paneling on the walls and floors on the main level and basement is very authentic. The colors you chose for your home is very pretty. The master bedroom is huge! I love the enormous closet. There are plenty of seats for his guests, and plenty of activities to entertain his guests with. The patio is well decorated and pretty. All of your walls are beautifully decorated. Great job!

Criticism:
    The entire house is beautifully decorated and all the colors look great together, but the upper level you did everything in black, white and grey. I think maybe keeping just the bedroom in that theme is great and unique but maybe bringing some of the colors into that hallway/lounge area before the bedroom would have tied that level into the rest of the house. In the kitchen, the last cabinet closest to the bar, you used a corner piece and I think it looks unfinished in that spot with nothing else attached to it, I think using one of the regular cabinets there would have made it more open.

@SyddyB206
    Notes:
    The curb appeal of this house is stunning. The way you created and shaped the roofing is really creative. You did an amazing job on the terrace on the front patio area. The columns and the brick stairs are beautiful. The mixture of wood paneling and stone is very authentic. I love that you added balconies all around the home. Inside the home, I love that every room has it’s own color palette. The wood paneled walls and floors in the bathrooms are great. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated. The patio in the back is nice and the pool is a great addition. You added in plenty of seating for all the party guests and there’s enough items to keep them entertained as well! Great job!

Criticism:
    I feel like if you were more consistent with decoration this house would be top to bottom stunning. The outside of the home is beautiful, but it needs decoration on the front patio. Adding plants and seating with a cute rug underneath them would have brought that area to life. On the inside you have some rooms that are beautifully decorated like the bedrooms, bathrooms and the study area. Areas like the living room you have all this open space you can really get creative with decor on the walls and putting in things like plants, standing lamps, and dressers with clutter on top to fill in space easily. The kitchen is very nice, it just needs more decor on the walls. I would also play around more with landscaping. It will complement the shape and creativity of your build and really make it special.

@xraygrl2004
    Notes:
    *I moved you to the Experienced Level*
    I love the shape of your home, it’s really unique. The two garage doors in the front are a really nice detail. I love the grey stone with the green wood paneling, very 80’s. The landscaping in the front is beautiful. I absolutely love how you converted the garage into a basketball gym. I can tell you’re very creative and unique. The double bathroom to the right of the garage is super cute. The living room is laid out really nicely and there is plenty of seating for all the sims attending the party. I like that you added a tv as well as a karaoke machine but made them their own sections. The kitchen/dining room/bar area is very pretty I think the color scheme of the room is very authentic to the 80’s. The wooden floors with the wallpaper is great in that room. The game room is awesome, sims attending the party are going to have plenty to do to entertain themselves. All four of your bedrooms are beautifully decorated. I like that each one has a different color scheme, the green one is VERY 80’s. Great job!

Criticism:
    You put a lot of detail into the front of the home with your landscaping, but I feel like the rest of the home was forgotten. I feel like maybe adding a tree in the back or even more bushes and flowers on the sides of the home would really make this house stand out. Also, I absolutely love the green wood paneling as an accent color, but I would have left it as an accent color just on the front or front and back of the house and made the sides of the upper level the stone. To me it looks disconnected and like they don’t belong together. In the upper floor I could tell you didn’t really know how to fill all that space in between all the bedrooms. Making a lounge area with a love seat and maybe two chairs with a large rug underneath them fills up a large room instantly.

The winner is:
    SxBdSoI.jpg

1st runner up:
    1Lhu8Tj.jpg

2nd runner up:
    XHjSXek.jpg

ADVANCED

@Laebeth
    Notes:
    *I moved you to the Advanced Level*
    You are so talented. I feel like you thought of every little detail. The roof color choice with the wood paneling on the outside of the home is beautiful. I love the way you created dimension with the different roof top sizes/heights. Your landscaping is beautiful. I love that you did the edging with stone and filled it in with dirt. The plants around the tree look nicely placed. I love the stone accent wall in the front of the home. The outside grill and picnic table area is beautiful. The string lights and rugs really remind me of the 80’s. The porch in the front and the patio in the back are both nicely decorated. The clutter inside your home is nice and not overpowering. The planters box above the archway in the kitchen is really cute. The cork board above the table in the kitchen is a really cute detail. I love the way you created window seals with the shelves in the entertaining room. The overall design and decor of the home is perfect for this week’s theme. There are more than enough seats and things for sims to do at the party. The curtains above the bed in the master bedroom is a nice addition. Great job!

Criticism:
    The tv in the living room I probably would have chosen a style that was a little older instead of a flat screen. A little bit more landscaping to the right of the stone accent wall in the front of the house would have been really cute. I had very minimal criticism, you did a really great job.

@Leashahampton
    Notes:
    *I moved you to the Advanced level*
    The front of your home is very pretty and well decorated. I love that you added in a garage. The mixture of wood paneling, stone and brick is really fitting for this theme. The entire fireplace is very thought out and absolutely beautiful. I love all the detail you put into it, from the stone runes behind the fireplace to the shape you created, to the chimney, great job. The shape of your home is very authentic to the 80’s theme. Your landscaping is simple and pretty, it doesn’t take away from your build. The curtains around the windows and the front/back doors are perfect. Your kitchen being small and secluded is also very authentic to the time period, great job. The pavilion in the backyard is so cute and very well done. All the sims attending the party will have plenty to do and you provided plenty of seats! Great job. I love the peak performance lights you put on the walls in the dining room. The wood paneling for the walls and floors throughout the home is very authentic as well as the full tile walls/floors in the bathrooms. The technology you chose in your home, such as the tv and radio, is perfect for the time period. Great job!

Criticism:
    I feel like the wall decor in your home is beautiful, but in certain areas I feel like you could have added just a bit more decor on the walls to make it not feel so empty. For example, in the upstairs hallway the wall near the master bedroom, if you filled that wall with a mirror or another wide painting it wouldn’t feel so empty. Same for the blue child’s bedroom. The wall next to the door, since you don’t have any items or any decor on the wall there that section looks empty. The front patio is empty as well. Adding a few plants or a bench outside would fill in that space beautifully.

The winner is:
    BqH5Mqt.jpg

1st runner up:
    EB3yv8L.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed this challenge and I hope you guys submit in future challenges!
  • CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    Origin ID: Creepsa
    Entry Level: Experienced (?)
    Gallery Name Of Build: Classical Farm Dining
    Gallery Link: h ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9410FB9DC30611E784A3EC099AB30C43?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DD2&max=50&maxis=false
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes
    Additional Notes: Old recycled floorboards, brick walls and the custom-made dining table make this room feel like living on the farm. With the careful combining of rustic and romantic, Marci will surely love it!

-Images-
    Top View:
    h ttps://imgur.com/3ynkBkk
    Additional Images: (folder @ h ttps://imgur.com/a/FQQsb)
    h ttps://imgur.com/9TqrwZN
    h ttps://imgur.com/GaGUQj2
    h ttps://imgur.com/KmJkZYb
    h ttps://imgur.com/oPtBmTx
    @JosieAnglin when you say "country style", does that include French Country? I made a room, but it turned out being totally French country and now I'm not sure if I should enter it :D
    Congrats on winning experienced @cmbaker16 and congrats on placing @kimartist and @pennypolendina !

Congrats on winning advanced @Laebeth and congrats on placing @leashahampton !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top