Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2017 (Patch Now Live)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
We already know what's coming in the November Patch so it's time to start Speculating on The December Patch.

My guesses.

Update To The Holiday Pack. Hoping it's a Christmas Update and adds new things like mistletoe,stockings that can be hung on the mantle or walls,poinsettia,thin lighted xmas trees and so much more.

Bug fixes for Cats And Dogs.

Update Dec 5th

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    Yes! I'd love more Christmas build/buy objects. Maybe also some Christmas-inspired CAS items for toddlers?
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Definitely bug fixes to C&D.

Personally I'd like to have the ability for dogs to sleep on beds back. If cats already can, it's not a huge stretch.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I would love new Christmas objects! You can never have enough. I hope for some new toddler Christmas clothes. Some stockings. Maybe some New Years items like poppers and horns. Thin Christmas trees like you said. Maybe it could add some Christmas pet outfits for those who own dogs and cats.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Gifting ability would be good. Either sim to sim directly like trading VoidCritters, or through the postal system like Parenthood gifts/Council gifts.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Mostly C&D bug fixes although we might get a little present as well.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Gifting ability would be good. Either sim to sim directly like trading VoidCritters, or through the postal system like Parenthood gifts/Council gifts.

And sim to pet gifting.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

@EmmaVane Parenthood gifts? What are those? :open_mouth:
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    What I want: Christmas appropriate out for for toddlers. O would really like more recolours for the Christmas tree, or just a new one. Stockings as you said would be a nice touch. And as someone alive me said, an update to cats and dogs so that dogs may sleep on beds.
    What I expect: but fixes for existing stuff as well as cats and dogs. Which will be fine with me too to be honest
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited November 2017
    What I want: weather including snow, gift giving, Christmas objects with functionality (e.g. A mistletoe for your sims to kiss under, Christmas cookies that summon Father Christmas/Santa at midnight, etc.), new kind of party (new year bash), some of the missing NPCs back (e.g. Burglars), colour wheel from CAP expanded to Sims' hairs and clothes

What I think we'll get: bug fixes, purely decorative Christmas objects with Zero gameplay value that I most likely already have as Cc
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    What I want: weather including snow, gift giving, Christmas objects with functionality (e.g. A mistletoe for your sims to kiss under, Christmas cookies that summon Father Christmas/Santa at midnight, etc.), new kind of party (new year bash), some of the missing NPCs back (e.g. Burglars), colour wheel from CAP expanded to Sims' hairs and clothes

What I think we'll get: bug fixes, purely decorative Christmas objects with Zero gameplay value that I most likely already have as Cc

Agree with this.

I also think it says a lot about the Simming community that one of the things listed as speculation is bug fixes for cats and dogs!
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Cats & Dogs bug fixes. I don't think we'll get another Holiday Pack update, they've just updated it with Duwali items.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2017

If your sims have high relationships with non-household family members (grandma, uncles etc) they get sent gifts on their birthday (postal service) or at the party (if they throw one). They are random things and normally toys, seeds or decorative plates. You'll get notifications that someone has given/sent you something as you age sims up.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I'd love gift giving as well. Be it sim to sim or the big mat that everyone piled gifts on that we got in TS3 Seasons. The mat made it easier for my giant family! Didn't mind getting 4 guitars, heh.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I hope to see stockings that can be hung by the Sims with new interaction on fireplace, gift giving, mistletoe(not just décor) and the option to sing a Christmas carol.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    real presents instead of the fake ones they have
    I think we shouldn't know whats in there gifts ether
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    edited November 2017
    I just saw on sims Vip that

https://simsvip.com/2017/11/06/coming-soon-home-street-pets-seasons-greetings-update/

December Update
    Pets
    Neighborhood Gifting
    More free clothing options added to shops
    New female dress category in store
    In game player guide
    Improvements to tutorial and customization screen
    Ability to remove items from Inventory
    Background timeout refresh time decreased. Instead of every 5 minutes every 30 minutes
    Cruise ship help will have a new icon instead of same as functional items

January Update
    Invite only Neighborhoods
    Event Boosts – Members within a neighborhood can boost each other’s event buildings
    Much more!

I am really excited I did not think we would get that much on our updates
  • HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member

Those are not for the Sims 4.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would appreciate a small christmas tree you could place on a bedside table. It would be handy in apartments. Something like this but a little bit smaller. Oh and also some christmas outfit for toddlers! Maybe Grinch-ish.

6.-A-Colorful-Display.jpg
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

https://simsvip.com/2017/11/06/coming-soon-home-street-pets-seasons-greetings-update/

December Update
    Pets
    Neighborhood Gifting
    In game player guide
    Background timeout refresh time decreased. Instead of every 5 minutes every 30 minutes

January Update
    Event Boosts – Members within a neighborhood can boost each other’s event buildings
    Much more!

Yep, nothing to do with TS4 - it's for something called 'Home Street', which is nothing to do with The Sims.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I would appreciate a small christmas tree you could place on a bedside table. It would be handy in apartments. Something like this but a little bit smaller. Oh and also some christmas outfit for toddlers! Maybe Grinch-ish.

That would be much appreciated. The current tree is pretty big and hard to fit in small homes or apartments

I don't think the patch is going to be a lot. Some bug fixes and maybe new Holiday stuff.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    What about the radio station bug fixes for Kids Room Stuff and Bowling Night Stuff?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

that would be cute
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

If your sims have high relationships with non-household family members (grandma, uncles etc) they get sent gifts on their birthday (postal service) or at the party (if they throw one). They are random things and normally toys, seeds or decorative plates. You'll get notifications that someone has given/sent you something as you age sims up.

That's so cool I had no idea!
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    If we get an update to the holiday pack, I don't see it being much as they already updated it once this year.

I suspect bug fixes for C&D and maybe some other small ones, but nothing major.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member

December Update
    Pets
    Neighborhood Gifting
    In game player guide

January Update
    Much more!

Yep, nothing to do with TS4 - it's for something called 'Home Street', which is nothing to do with The Sims.

Oh my mistake, I was so excited i did not realize it was not for sims 4