Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could have any ONE bug or glitch fixed, what would it be?

13...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Crazy clothing at festivals and by night is driving me crazy (and the detective career).

Hello
    This issue may be fixed in the upcoming patch. I am sorry that you are having this issue in your game.
  • OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    I'm not bothered by a lot of things in my game, I can overlook most glitches. The time is a little annoying, the fact that ultra speed at night doesn't work as it should (especially not in San Myshuno) and the fact that neighbors in the apartments will always make so much noise (even when the lot isn't traited for it) that I have stopped living in apartments altogether (maybe I'll see if there's a mod for that, lol) are bugging me sometimes, but overall, I can live with it. The only thing that absolutely drives me crazy is the toddler high chair. I like having my toddlers sit in the high chair and eat their food. I don't want the other parent or whoever else is on the lot at that moment to get the kid out of the high chair until I say so. It absolutely 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off that I have to keep putting the toddler in the chair, only to have someone else grab the kid out of the chair while it hasn't even had food yet. It works well if you place the food first, before you put the toddler down, but I wish it would just work well regardless. So if there was one thing I could have fixed, then definitely high chairs.
    Olber wrote: »
    I'm not bothered by a lot of things in my game, I can overlook most glitches. The time is a little annoying, the fact that ultra speed at night doesn't work as it should (especially not in San Myshuno) and the fact that neighbors in the apartments will always make so much noise (even when the lot isn't traited for it) that I have stopped living in apartments altogether (maybe I'll see if there's a mod for that, lol) are bugging me sometimes, but overall, I can live with it. The only thing that absolutely drives me crazy is the toddler high chair. I like having my toddlers sit in the high chair and eat their food. I don't want the other parent or whoever else is on the lot at that moment to get the kid out of the high chair until I say so. It absolutely plum me off that I have to keep putting the toddler in the chair, only to have someone else grab the kid out of the chair while it hasn't even had food yet. It works well if you place the food first, before you put the toddler down, but I wish it would just work well regardless. So if there was one thing I could have fixed, then definitely high chairs.

Hello @Olber
    I am sorry that you are having the issue with the high chair, like other simmers are also. The upcoming game patch may help to fix the issue.
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    The constant “See What’s Happening” action. Maybe it isn’t a bug, but the excessive rate that it occurs in my game makes it appear to be one, and it’s rather annoying.
    I hate my Sims cancelling out every single one of their actions that I’ve told them to do just for that one alone.
    @DevilNDisguise there's a mod for that if u don't mind mods in your game. I use it and I'm so glad I found it!

Anyway, GAME LAG! If that could be fixed I wouldn't even care about all the other bugs. The lag is what breaks my ability to truly love the sims 4. Because I think of how smoothly sims 2 ran with no time/gameplay lag or action que delay
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
    Hello @missmani09
    I am sorry thst you are experiencing lagging in your game, There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Close all other open windows when playing the game and see if that helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps.
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    I want to be able to finally harvest that stupid fireleaf. Not only can't I finish my only remaining aspiration, I can't complete the gardening collection. And it's RIGHT THERE. I can fertilize it, water it, talk to it, just not harvest it. It's indeed there to torture. And the fact that not everybody has this happening to them (I assume not) it makes me feel like it will take all the longer to fix. *sigh*
    I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.
    Sineea wrote: »
    I want to be able to finally harvest that plum fireleaf. Not only can't I finish my only remaining aspiration, I can't complete the gardening collection. And it's RIGHT THERE. I can fertilize it, water it, talk to it, just not harvest it. It's indeed there to torture. And the fact that not everybody has this happening to them (I assume not) it makes me feel like it will take all the longer to fix. *sigh*

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Can-t-harvest-fireleaf/m-p/6300784#M43520

You can use these cheats to complete the aspiration
    Type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone
    Press enter
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    The constant “See What’s Happening” action. Maybe it isn’t a bug, but the excessive rate that it occurs in my game makes it appear to be one, and it’s rather annoying.
    I hate my Sims cancelling out every single one of their actions that I’ve told them to do just for that one alone.
    @DevilNDisguise there's a mod for that if u don't mind mods in your game. I use it and I'm so glad I found it!

Anyway, GAME LAG! If that could be fixed I wouldn't even care about all the other bugs. The lag is what breaks my ability to truly love the sims 4. Because I think of how smoothly sims 2 ran with no time/gameplay lag or action que delay

@missmani09 I didn’t know that! I’ll definitely have to hunt that down.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Half wall corners where they make a notched corner like part of it is missing because I have no idea why, its random.

Also the fact that fencing cant be used for big grand stairwells and overlooks due to the roofing popping inside - half wall yes - fence no. Booo.

Not a bug, but I would like to decide where the front of the lot is.

And on a silly note, the yogurt bowls, the fruit & yogurt parfait bowls and the quick yogurt bowls both start out clear, but when the sim has emptied the bowl (ate its contents) only the quick yogurt bowl remains clear - the fruit & yogurt parfait bowl magically turns white when empty.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Nectere wrote: »
    Half wall corners where they make a notched corner like part of it is missing because I have no idea why, its random.

Also the fact that fencing cant be used for big grand stairwells and overlooks due to the roofing popping inside - half wall yes - fence no. Booo.

Not a bug, but I would like to decide where the front of the lot is.

And on a silly note, the yogurt bowls, the fruit & yogurt parfait bowls and the quick yogurt bowls both start out clear, but when the sim has emptied the bowl (ate its contents) only the quick yogurt bowl remains clear - the fruit & yogurt parfait bowl magically turns white when empty.

Hello @Nectere
    You may like to post feedback about the bowls on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Fruit-and-yogurt-parfait-bowl-turns-opaque-when-empty/m-p/4679777#M15013