Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Showcase: Lyoufln

2...Next

Comments

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2017
    Happy Sunday, folks!

I went for another walk recently (it was a lovely day. We've had real nice weather lately!) and I saw another neat house. I decided to build something similar to it. This house is called Pleasant House and it's available for download on the gallery under Lyoufln. The house is partially furnished (bathrooms, lights, plus half of kitchen). It uses stuff from Parenthood and Toddler Stuff (I only used the fence from Toddler Stuff, so it's not that big of a deal if you don't have the pack).

This house has a fireplace, chimney, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one comes with a funky blue toilet :) ) and a garden patch. Hope you enjoy it!

Front
    g99vdLJ.jpg

Main floor
    jfEAesf.jpg

Basement
    ilLPQn5.jpg

Kitchen
    nm0Ybj4.jpg

Fireplace/Living room
    LTdCOQM.jpg

Garden patch/Backyard
    kvMUlCx.jpg
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Your houses look great! Glad i'm not the only one who likes to build houses i see in real life :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    Thank you @LyricSimsz15 :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    The exterior design of Pleasant House is very nice! :) The type of windows used looks nice and the flowers either sides of the front pathway are pretty for sims to see when coming to the home. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. It is great that there is a basement level. Simmers will enjoy downloading the home and furnishing it suit the needs and interests of their sims household. The floral wallpattern in the living room looks pretty. Very nice backyard garden area! The flowers look very pretty!
    It is a very nice home :)
    Thank you @rosemow <3
    G'evenin' folks!

I'm not used to warm-weather type of houses (like those with terracotta roofs), but after seeing some real ones, I decided to build one in TS4. This house is called the Heat Wave, and it can be found on the gallery under Lyoufln. It has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. There is no custom content, and I didn't use moveObjects (but I may have used the alt/option key a few times). I also made non-functional objects bigger/smaller or decoration.

The only items used from the Toddler Stuff pack are the outdoor light poles, so don't worry if you're missing that pack. I just put them out there in the backyard so that you could set a pool and a bar for a party! In addition, this house is less than 20,000 simoleons, so it'd be a decent starter house for a single sim or a couple.

Enjoy! :)

Front
    Pdxs6Xn.jpg

First floor
    nsgFZA6.jpg

Second floor
    kz3VPyL.jpg

Entranceway
    94zhoew.jpg

Kitchen
    YXRVHzt.jpg

Bedroom
    BJYw1g6.jpg
    The design of Heat Wave is very nice! :) Very nice upper patio for Sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seating, looking out at the views. Very nice layout of the interior. Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa having a read of a book from the bookcase. The cactus isca nice touch in the corner nook. It is nice that there are large windows near the dining and kitchen area , for Sims to enjoy the sunlight coming in when cooking and dining there. The colour of the bedroom walls gives a very nice look to the room.
    It is a very nice starter home :)
    Thank you, @rosemow :)
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    I really like your houses they are very small and cute and I can imagine my sims in them! I will check out your gallery. :)
  • ParadoxSimsParadoxSims Posts: 90 Member
    I love the designs of your homes. They're so cute!
    Thank for checking out my thread, @AgentJulia and @ParadoxSims :)
  • saishousaishou Posts: 276 Member
    Really love the colour scheme and floor design for the first house!
    I for one use MOO a lot so it's good to see someone who doesn't and makes an awesome functioning building. xD You really have a good eye for coziness.
    Keep moving forward.

- My Art - Website - OriginID : saishou
    pv_by_sai_shou-dbye3yu.jpg
    Thanks @saishou! Sometimes I use the option/alt key when I'm placing stuff (like if something's too close to a wall using the traditional grid, or I want a painting in a specific place), but I've never used MOO. I also use the resizing tool as well, but never with functional objects (mostly used for landscaping).

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like it! :)
    G'evening folks!

Did you grow up or currently lived in a rural area/really tiny town? Remember those blissfully peaceful nights in the summer when the sky’s just turning pink? The whole world starts slowing down and cooling a bit. Birds start heading home while the starts and moon start coming out? Crickets start chirping in the long grasses too, right?

Those types of evenings are the best!

I saw a house when I went for a walk last week so I decided to get building (though this doesn’t look much like the one I saw). This place was built on a 30x20 lot and it’s called Nights with Crickets , available on the gallery under Lyoufln. I didn’t use move objects, but some items were moved around with the option/alt key, and a couple things like decorative rocks have be resized.

Anyway, Nights with Crickets has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is fully furnished. It looks super cozy in the evenings/night in my game. I run on low settings, so if it looks nice in my game, it’s gonna look 100x better in yours!

Front
    MJgXYuB.jpg

Side
    lKY0IIu.jpg

Main floor
    8ASUMGL.jpg

Upstairs
    BW0rSbo.jpg

Kitchen
    PTUAIyA.jpg

Living room
    Zvdxl6O.jpg

Living room again
    j9suego.jpg

Adult bedroom
    YLRljHE.jpg

Kids' bedroom
    985amhQ.jpg
    Nights with Crickets is a very nice home! :) It was very special and lovely what you wrote for the background setting details about the build <3 The flowers along the front and side edges of the home and the flower wheel cart look very pretty! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq outdoors in the air. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The open plan kitchen, dining and living areas look nice
    Very nice homestyle kitchen. The knives block and utensils are great kitchen touches, and the diferent coloured dining chairs are a nice touch. Very nice living room area. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas reading a book or have fun playing chess. The orange flowers wall picture is a sunny touch. The floral wall pattern in the master bedroom looks very pretty and the tropical beach picture in the kids bedroom is a nice touch.
    It is a very nice home for a family of sims :)
    Thank you very much @rosemow. I really like the little bits of orange here and there too. I'm really happy how the landscaping at the front and side of the house turned out too. I'm very proud of it :)
    G'evening folks!

My sims Sage and Valentin (in my current profile pic) are getting older. All three of their children are young adults now (they're in my current signature), but the youngest still lives with them because she's continuing her studies at a local university and its cheaper to live at home (story-wise). Sage and Valentin wanted to move because the house they had been living in for years was just too big for the three of them, and they will likely soon be empty-nesters. This place is a little smaller than their old one.

The house is called Purple Palace and it's available on the Gallery under Lyoufln. There are 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom (located upstairs). Included with the house is a started garden, Sage's artwork, a nice seating area outdoors, and much more! This vibrant house would be really great for your artsy/eclectic sims! :)

Front view
    oXsyphe.png

Main level
    776D7dD.png

Upper level
    2wP90WO.png

Kitchen
    J3FbZDp.png

Downstairs bedroom
    AFM7ofV.png

Outside
    QF7igA9.png
    The exterior design of Purple Palace is very nice! :) The curved roofing is great! Very nice layout of the interior levels. The kitchen and dining area is very nice. The stone texture of the walls looks great, and the type of dining seats used looks homely. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst cooking meals. The sunflower wall picture and the rose on the bedside table in one of the bedrooms is sunny and pretty for sims to see when waking in the mornings. Very nice upper level armchairs sitting and chatting corner nook. Very nice outdoors areas! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel , growing and harvesting plants in the garden nook or enjoy playing chess on the chess table, in the outdoors air.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Thank you @rosemow
    edited April 2020
    Post edited by Lyoufln on
    Briar and Leslie’s is a very nice home! :) It looks homely and nice. Very nice design of the exterior of the home. The wall textures give a great look to the home, and the flower box windows look pretty! It is great that there is a rocket in the outdoors. Kids would have fun playing on the monkey bars and the slide. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home. The kitchen is very nice. It is nice the type of stove used, and Sims would enjoy sunshine coming in through the kitchen windows whilst cooking meals. The teapot wall cabinet is a nice home touch. Very nice family room for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa in front of the fire, or for the kids to have fun playing with toys from the chest or using the building blocks table. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The floral wall pattern in the master bedroom looks very nice.
    It is a very nice family home! :) The kids are cute!
    Thank you @rosemow. I'm glad you like my little sim family and house. They're like my favourite household (and extended family) ever in any sims game, and I've been playing the sims on-and-off for somewhere between 10 and 12 years!
  • temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Your builds are very impressive! You can tell you take a lot of time and care when building. Thank you for sharing :)
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
    Your builds are very impressive! You can tell you take a lot of time and care when building. Thank you for sharing :)

Hey @temerald7667! Thanks for stopping by! You just made my day :blush:
  • temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    You are most welcome @Lyoufln :)
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif