Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I spent all night fiddling with configuration settings! The Big new Windows 10 update played havoc with installed programs and apps. I also had to change a lot of the game option settings. It is a son-of-a-gun when the OS comes into conflict with games and one needs to do settings on both that match up! The game is still a little glitchy but I can at least work with it. For a few hours unknown items (the old debug) just went entirely absent! LOTS OF FUN!

Ugh, I'm sure you had fun figuring that out. At least you're back on track now :)

• Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    edited November 2017
    Challenge #81: The Gypsies
    Forum ID: Rykel
    Origin ID: Simrissie
    Level: Established
    Lot: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FE750563C15311E78383A7B3994392A6
    Lot cost: $ 3,000
    Build cost: $ 71, 689
    Total cost: $ 74,698
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/LyI2D

Entry details:
    I wanted this build to reflect a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan park with a bright bohemian look and old school vardos. I had images of gypsies dancing and singing around campfires and townies coming to the lot to have their fortunes told. I wanted one of the caravans to be family-sized and allow for toddlers/children. I added the “anything goes party bush” so that the occupants of the single caravans have a place to woo-hoo.

Constructive criticism:
    Yes please

Credits:
    This is a CC free lot. However I would like to credit @Brennachan whose build "The Wagon of Windenburg" formed the inspiration for the bottom frame and wheels of the caravans (used with permission). I just put my own twist on the wheels.

Photos:

6F4ejNs.png

xrgXozR.png

@Ainsleyf We definitely were thinking the same this time, still very different. Yours is so cute, great idea with a palm reader, and I'm totally in love with Jaella's vardo <3
    @Rykel Ah, your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan is awesome. Love all the colors and the way you built the wheels is clever. I want to see more pictures!!! :)
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Rykel Brilliant! . Absolutely the best wagon chassis here! LOVE IT! Now that I've seen it I'm inclined to do a make over and put mine up on wheels! :smiley: (I think I'd need a cheaters permit though!) So I'll just let mine stand. That is what I love about these challenges, you learn so many tricks from other people!
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @foundmarbles - Great all around look to it and the RVs are really wonderful. Love the lot you chose too and the firepit area and fishing pond landscaping! Cool! Glad you're getting your puter sorted out. Hate when that stuff happens!

@Rykel - wow, all the colors are fantastic and amazing curb appeal with the gallery shot! Very fantastical and fun! Nice job!!!!

@mannana - finally got to your slide show. It's an absolutely charming build. Your colors and landscaping are really lovely. And, I think the partial carpet/partial lino looks better than all carpeting so, yay!
    edited November 2017
    @mannanna @ainsleyf @FoundMarbles thank you :)

@FoundMarbles hee hee, the credit for the wheels go to @Brennachan. I took the inspiration from her lot "The Wagon of Windenburg" and just put my own spin on it. I'm always inspired by the wonderful things other simmers come up with.
    @mannanna I love your colorful festive looking exterior and the "beaded" curtains used inside. Are those curtains from the City Living? Ooh, and I love the rocks placed around the circle at the lodge entrance - a very nice touch
    @FoundMarbles I love the vehicles you put in front of each RV! Such a nice touch. Oooh, and the double pond is also really nice.
    @Ainsleyf I really enjoyed your bright and bold interior colours and I love love love the image of the card reading!!
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    @FoundMarbles the extra cost may of been from your fruit trees, if there was any fruit on them it will add the cost of the actual fruit to your total. I find it useful to always make sure you harvest any harvestables before you upload your lot, you will be surprised how much it adds up.
    edited November 2017
    Kementari wrote: »
    @FoundMarbles the extra cost may of been from your fruit trees, if there was any fruit on them it will add the cost of the actual fruit to your total. I find it useful to always make sure you harvest any harvestables before you upload your lot, you will be surprised how much it adds up.

Ah Ha! Thank you for that! Harvested ALL the fruit trees and got 722 back!! WOW! This was not the first time I was startled by the sudden increase in value! I used the returned funds to put in wast bins, garbage cans and more night lighting.
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #81: The Gypsies

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Travellers Rest
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 72,989
    TOTAL COST: 74,989
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Ua0mr
    ENTRY DETAILS: Travellers Rest is a base camp housing three RVs, each having it's own drive area plus kitchen, living and dining space and WC. There is a spacious lodge/bunkhouse to relax and unwind playing cards, chess, table football, read a book, watch tv or listen to music and have a drink at the bar. There are communal washrooms with shower facilities. Outdoor areas include a swimming pool, yoga, picnic tables and bbq patio. There is a camping area with firepit, guitar and painting.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

iov8GvG.png

Sl6GWgT.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Love the layout of your RV park @masajo ! And the RVs themselves also look awesome.
    Many thanks @pronterus very kind of you. I love your urban theme and how you've marked out the different floor areas. Also you've done a fantastic job in the driving area, the steering wheel looks great blended in that way. I am in awe at all the entries so far, awesome work all round :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

@masajo Great looking RVs (I seem to constantly think, "Dang! Wish I'd thought of that!") I Love the cabs, the fronts look so very realistic!
    Thank you very much @FoundMarbles and I know what you mean, I'm the same when I see the creativity of others! Very brave of you using such a large lot but you've really nailed it, the layout is wonderful and spacious and you've really made the trailers look homely and 'lived in'. You might like to check your Gallery link on your entry form, it wouldn't work for me so had to access is the long way around :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    masajo wrote: »
    Thank you very much @FoundMarbles and I know what you mean, I'm the same when I see the creativity of others! Very brave of you using such a large lot but you've really nailed it, the layout is wonderful and spacious and you've really made the trailers look homely and 'lived in'. You might like to check your Gallery link on your entry form, it wouldn't work for me so had to access is the long way around :)

You might have caught me in the middle of changing the album. I had to rephotograph every thing when I did some additions, useless stuff like garbage cans & out door lighting, (LOL :blush: ) Thank you for your kind comments. With 3 RVs and two other structures I was worried about crowding on a smaller lot. BUT The expense of the lot really shortened the building funds!
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @masajo - absolutely charming. Your RVs are to die for, love the drivers areas and the grills. Wonderful entranceway to the lodge, and the hollyhocks are perfect there. Very pretty!
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited November 2017
    I am loving everyone’s take on this challenge. <3
    @mannanna your build is awesome, very mystical. :)
    @FoundMarbles love the space you have created for the travellers. Well done :)
    @Ainsleyf, very colorful and mystical too. Love it :)
    @Rykel great build. Exactly how I pictured the gypsies would live :)
    @masajo, amazing, the RV's are very creative, :)
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on

@Rykel Make the "tires" stop spouting water was a really good trick!
    Thank you very much @Ainsleyf for your wonderful words. I've just had a good look at your entry and WOW, amazing! I love the Bohemian theme and the romany lifestyle and you've portrayed this to perfection with all the colour, lights and decoration. Daya's 'office' is a fantastic touch :)

Many thanks @abelhinha35 really appreciate your kind words :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited November 2017
    @mannanna your build is awesome, very mystical. :)
    Thank you @abelhinha35 and thank you too @Rykel :) Yes, the beaded curtains are from City Living.

Very cute and colorful build @masajo . I especially like the wall decorations you added to the red RV. Makes it just that more special!

Thank you very much @mannanna really appreciate your kind words. Love your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagons and the overall Bohemian atmosphere, very bright, cheery and colourful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #81: The Gypsies
    FORUM ID: Laebeth
    ORIGIN ID: Ninnster
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Mt. Willow Lodge
    LOT COST: $3000
    BUILD COST: $71956
    TOTAL COST: $74956
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/lOQ0Z
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mt. Willow Lodge is a mountain lodge situated in the wilderness of Willow Creek. It includes space for 3 RV's, a lodge where one can enjoy some TV, read a book, play chess or have a drink (or coffee). The lodge has communal bathrooms with separate toilet and shower areas. There is also an outdoor BBQ area, a fire pit and a fishing pond for those fishing enthusiasts.

I decided to make a few different RV's; one luxury RV and two lower end trailer RV's. I added a bedroom to the lodge, because I wanted Gio's dad to have a cozy bedroom to rest in when stopping by for medical treatment. I also added the cork board with postcards where the family can hang up postcards from travelling around.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    17sBzyw.png?1
    RnmK22H.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"

Leave a Comment