Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay ideas?

So do you guys have any suggestions for a bored player? Any fun things that I should try? I've played a lot of challenges, but I got bored. I started to build up Newcrest (that was my latest project) but now I feel like I need a new way to play the game. :smiley:
What do you do when you get bored with the way you play the game?
NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Start a family, have a lot of childrens, with Parenthood it's amazing! You can have wars between childrens.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Start a family, have a lot of childrens, with Parenthood it's amazing! You can have wars between childrens.

Unfortunately, I don't have Parenthood. :(
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Gosh, tell me about it! These threads are becoming so common now. @BethTS4 what packs do you have? Do you play solo sims, generations (so the same family tree) or family set ups? Might help us hone your ideas.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    edited October 2017
    Well you could branch out, I have multiple saves with different things going on and I take a break when I'm not sure what to do with one.

In one save I play that with my guy we take turns controlling children and ourselves.

The next one is for the sim in my pic she's part of a legacy and her family has always given me trouble so I tend to move them save to save she and her father with half-siblings are the only ones. She has bounced between two guys and has kids with both of them she just can't pick and neither want to leave.

In another I played rotationally until I decided it was done I had a mix of families, happy, some with drama, cheating, lots of kids born there. That one is done I think.

Then I have one with aliens just making a family for them just had their first son, the story being they woke up among sims with a good bit of money as the woman is a princess and her love interest her butler. He chose to erase that fact from her mind, so she wouldn't see him as a servant they're good fun.

The last one with vampires pairing up Vlad with a woman that is something like his deceased wife returned to him and the goths...I did have another rotational one can't remember if I stopped that one or not but it's all fun for me.

Though when I can't think of anything I just take a break and do other things, watching machinimas gives me ideas too then I want to play again heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    hadklax wrote: »
    Gosh, tell me about it! These threads are becoming so common now. @BethTS4 what packs do you have? Do you play solo sims, generations (so the same family tree) or family set ups? Might help us hone your ideas.

I have these packs: Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day + a lot of stuff packs. :D
    I play solo and generation too. I enjoy both.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    What HAVE you tried? Maybe if you clarify that, its easier to help out. I would say:

- Own a store and live above it
    - Never win any money and see how long you last by stealing food from others at the restaurants and cafes :p for example
    - Give a giant dinnerparty with the most fancy food and decoration at the dinner table. Get all dresses up and try to make beautiful shots. Dont forget to share!
    - Try to get as many GF or BF as possible without getting caught
    - Play matchmaker for every sim in town. get to know them all and try to bring sims that u think match together with the 'introduce to' interaction.
    - Try to make famous people in CAS
    - Create the meanest sim in town who works out till the fullest, fights everyone and only irritates people at bars and lots. Nobody should like him/her!

Ok, well thats it for now :p Hope you find something
  • ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Depends on the way you're usually playing, but right now I'm trying to rebuild the whole game I deleted every lot and family in every neighborhood and am creating my own households with unique stories and intertwining them with each other right now, This even keeps me occupied when I'm not playing TS4 lol
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    BethTS4 wrote: »
    So do you guys have any suggestions for a bored player? Any fun things that I should try? I've played a lot of challenges, but I got bored. I started to build up Newcrest (that was my latest project) but now I feel like I need a new way to play the game. :smiley:

I've tried so many things but still get bored quickly. Maybe when we get tropical vacations I won't get bored so easily.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    When I get bored with something I set it aside and do something else. Why force yourself to do something if you don't have any joy in it. Take a break and the urge will come back to you.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Have you tried playing rotational? I find I lose interest more quickly with a single household, but can keep a multi-household game going pretty easily. With the still limited game play options, it can feel like same thing, different wallpaper at times, but the regular change of faces & scenery can also be inspiring at times. You can also have da variety of households vampires, aliens, a single sim who plays the field, a close-knit family, another family that can't stand each other, a criminal household, etc.... You could also create some households inspired by your favorite books, films & TV shows, that's always fun.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    What I do is either take a few days make a week or two off or try something that you've never done before. I know a lot of people in the beginning of the game tried doing the achievements but I don't know if anyone really remembers them anymore. I'm assuming you've done the whole restaurant bit and got a restaurant to five stars? Try opening up a chain of restaurants and start from scratch. In one of my very old saves I just did that. She made so much money from her first restaurant she opened up a second location (one in Windenburg and the other in MP).
    1FKDfKj.png
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    Create a single male sim and try to have him woo some men, I struggle all the time to get my male sims affections returned with another male. Maybe you'll have more luck, although it makes for some interesting stories
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited October 2017
    An issue for a lot of people is the fact that The Sims can get pretty monotone and repetitive as the days go on. I would suggest playing rotationally if you don't already, having lots of families that are diverse should will you to play more. Perhaps also going out of your comfort zone and creating loads of drama will have you entertained.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

I've tried so many things but still get bored quickly. Maybe when we get tropical vacations I won't get bored so easily.

is that a thing? Tropical vacation?
  • SophsterzDaBawssSophsterzDaBawss Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m currently playing three different worlds. A legacy challenge based on my actual family- currently I’m a toddler and my mom is pregnant with my little brother, a city living family- three sisters all with either children or partners living in a small apartment, and a teenage pregnancy challenge- the teen has had twins (a boy and a girl) and owns a restaurant.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

is that a thing? Tropical vacation?

Yeah, it's a thing I keep hoping for. ;)
  • Anime_CakeAnime_Cake Posts: 10 New Member
    I'd actually suggest making a single sim, buying the cheapest apartment in San Myshuno, delete everything (bulldoze) INCLUDING walls, then using cheats to remove your money (testingcheats true > money 0 > testingcheats false). You can unfold it however you want, I'd suggest trying to get a bite of the city life, as it can drain some cash in the start. As a fun extra challenge, get your sim pregnant instantly, forcing you to get enough money in 3-5 days to take care of a little one.

If you like playing with mods, I'd suggest mods such as Higher Bills mod, MCCC (Good for story progression) & some I can't remember the name of, that forces you into buying stuffs ingredients first, making simple meals much more expensive.

Also, a legacy challenge based on serial romantics (aspiration not necessary)
    Basically, you'll need female heirs or males who can get pregnant/get abducted by aliens. The rules I play with, are quite simple:
    - Your sim must never marry another sim.
    - Your sim cannot move other sims in
    - Your sim can't have several children with the same man (unless twins/triplets obv.)
    Basically, you have to raise every simoleon by yourself. I tried myself with having the first child (who became heir) very early, I was lucky that the budget covered for even a tiny room and some toys when she became a toddler.

You could also make a blog or something - some stories and alike. That's fun to make, and people enjoy reading it and seeing pictures from your sims' lives.

Happy simming!
  • wakeuprosiwakeuprosi Posts: 41 Member
    Maybe make a few different sims and focus on their careers? You could make sims with the different active careers and try to max them?
    B)
  • MissTee420MissTee420 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just built my own Newcrest. I got rid of majority of the characters in the game and created my own. My current family consist of 7 Sims, the largest I've ever played. I have a grandfather/grandmother, their son and daughter, the daughter is single without children, the son is married with 2 daughters. Everyone works or goes to school and we just recently opened a vet clinic. That's 7 aspirations to complete and lots of things to do. Not sure of what type of game play you're seeking.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    If I'm gonna be completely honest, when I get bored, I just stop playing for awhile... it usually takes me a few months until I get the desire to begin playing again. In Sims 4, it's very easy to get bored with the game... since the gameplay is often very repetitive (at least that's how I feel about it). I usually wait until a few more packs have been released before I start getting back on. Currently, I haven't even touched this game in over a year because I'm waiting for the next expansion pack (Cats & Dogs wasn't enough to carry me over). However, I'm very excited to get back to playing... especially since I have so many new packs to experience! :smiley: I haven't touched Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddlers, or Laundry Day yet... I also haven't played Vampires, Parenthood, or Jungle Adventure. I've also only touched the surface of Cats & Dogs, so I have yet to actually PLAY that pack... not to mention that there's probably going to be a few more packs before this year's expansion pack, so that's even better! On top of all this, Seasons has been rumored to be the next expansion pack, so I'm mostly waiting for that too! :smile:

So yeah, I usually just put the game on hold for awhile... until I feel like enough content has been released for me to get back into the game. Trust me... if you're really bored with the game, put it on hold for awhile. Just wait for more content to be released. It's honestly worth the wait! When you get back on the game after several months to a year, it really feels like a brand new experience. Especially when there's a bunch of new content to play with.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    What I did when I got bored of a save: I started a new one, with a new family. It just has more possibilities because I wasn't as restricted anymore because the old save just had too many families and not enough space for new ones.
    What I did then is copying one of my favorite sims from the old save into the library, created a new family for her, gave her a new hairstyle, different clothes, different traits and a new name and it's like when you watch a new tv-show in which you see a character that is portrayed by the same actor like someone in the show you just watched before. It's so interesting to see her with completely different traits, meeting the other sims I created for the new save.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Thedarthvader89Thedarthvader89 Posts: 1 New Member
    U should start with a sim and make a cult . Believe me it is very enjoyable and funny . U should put actions like woohoo have fights with elders and stuff like that .
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I don’t know your money situation but maybe getting a couple of news packs could help. As one said Parenthood is an amazing pack and really opens up more gameplay options for family play.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Personally, I only play Sims I create for the game. Some of them already have a background, as in my Cantrell family. I developed them to fully flesh out my O/C, see my siggie below. What I wasn't able to do, since my O/C's family were minor characters, was to give them more 'time' in the story. I made Erik Cantrell the second eldest child a Rock Star. Now, that we have GF (and I also use Road to Fame) he's a Rock Star, once again. By focusing on his career and his love-life (which wasn't any better in Sims4 than in Sims3 LOL) I have had a blast.

The other game save is that of my Ancestors, whose lives I already have information on. I love them to pieces and it's fun to play them.

If you don't already love a Sim you're trying to play, that can get boring pretty quickly. Pick a favorite, and invent their story. I shared some of the stuff going on in my game, and it ended up becoming a blog.

Shameless Plug: https://erikcantrellscheckeredlife.blogspot.com/2018/12/chapter-one-cautionary-tale.html

I've had a slight hiatus, unplanned, due to my being a silly nit. Things went from bad to worse when the StrangerVille patch killed my mod. I did learn there was an updated version, but once I downloaded it, turned out my game save was corrupted. Worse, still, was learning my Sim, Erik, was also corrupted. Suffice it to say, I had to restart him from scratch. He's just now back to where he was. I will blog a new chapter once I have a story to tell.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Considering this is driving some conversation I'm going to leave this open for now folks :smile: