Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits Problem

NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
Hello,

I have encountered a problem with one of my Sim's traits in-game today. I was playing a tweaked version of Caleb Vatore and when he was at work, got moodlets from his original traits (Materialistic, Foodie, Ambitious) after the fact the I had changed them by saving the family in CAS, deleting the original and moving in and playing with the tweaked version. I changed Lilith's original Creative trait to Bro and have not encountered this issue on her, only Caleb. Plus on Lilith's relationship panel, Caleb's original traits are shown as well. What, if anything, can be done to fix this issue?

PS- I had download issues with the game and tried a repair before all EP/GP/SPs were installed, could this have borked my game somehow?
It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    For me, the only 2 traits I can remove but still get moodlets for is Romantic and Athletic so far. Yes, it’s annoying and I haven’t figured out a solution yet.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    Traits tend to linger if you change them on existing Sims, even if you go through saving them in CAS and such. You need to cheat to remove the traits permanently.
    But I don't know what the exact cheat is. But I think we can ask @rosemow :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,583 Member
    Traits tend to linger if you change them on existing Sims, even if you go through saving them in CAS and such. You need to cheat to remove the traits permanently.

Hello
    The cheat to remove traits is :
    Type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    traits.remove_trait ( name of trait to remove ) without using the brackets.
  • madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    I have had this same problem several times! Nice to know there is a cheat to fix it! I have been going into CAS, making a twin of that sim, giving them the traits I want, and then deleting the original. This will be much easier lol
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    The cheat to remove traits is :
    Type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    traits.remove_trait ( name of trait to remove ) without using the brackets.
    I have had this same problem several times! Nice to know there is a cheat to fix it! I have been going into CAS, making a twin of that sim, giving them the traits I want, and then deleting the original. This will be much easier lol

For the record, if you use this cheat, your Sims will still get moodlets as though you never removed the trait specifically for Romantic and Athletic traits. The cheat may work for the rest of the traits, but it does not work for these two.
    Hello @Chazzzy
    You probably have done this but the name to enter into the cheat is “active” not “ athletic” .
    You probably already know this but I just wanted to post in case it helped :)
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I got this too with Creative. I didn't mind as much though, as I simply changed traits to a Sim I made myself - I did initially choose the Creative trait for a reason, I just found another one I liked better, so I don't mind him "Feeling uncreative" sometimes as it still fits his character.

I think it applies to the negative (tense) buffs that come with (some) emotional traits. I've also changed traits like Childish and Self-Assured and in those cases they were just gone for good. The tense moodlets that come with Active, Creative, Genius, Romantic, and I'm probably forgetting some here - but those emotional traits. Those will linger.

I don't know an actual fix for this, but you can use cheats to remove these buffs when they come up.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    cheating the traits away doesn't solve this issue, that's a myth
    either make a twin to replace the caleb or clear his traits and clone him
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited October 2017
    cheating the traits away doesn't solve this issue, that's a myth
    either make a twin to replace the caleb or clear his traits and clone him

Well, tonight my hubby surprised me with a copy of the base game so I'm currently playing a fully fresh save with a human Caleb and no issues so far but I have not actually played that sim. I may just take your advice to prevent issues lol.

Edit- I went ahead and did the twin thing to save myself a headache on another new save. Thanks for the advice :)
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I can't find a more appropriate thread to post my question in, so I hope this one is okay.

In the Relationship Panel of the UI, when I choose a certain Sim, some of his/her family members don't appear with the right traits. For instance, I've chosen a father and when I go to the Relationship Panel, his daughter, who is a child, still appears with the "Angelic" trait, the one she had when she was a toddler.

I don't know if it's considered a "normal" bug, I noticed it during the last few days in my game and thought it would be useful to make the problem known here. Thank you for your time!
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2017
    As annoying as this bug is, I kinda like it because it's like the sims get extra traits and more complicated personalities. Have anyone tried to remove a trait and then add an opposing trait to see what happens? :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    I can't find a more appropriate thread to post my question in, so I hope this one is okay.

In the Relationship Panel of the UI, when I choose a certain Sim, some of his/her family members don't appear with the right traits. For instance, I've chosen a father and when I go to the Relationship Panel, his daughter, who is a child, still appears with the "Angelic" trait, the one she had when she was a toddler.

I don't know if it's considered a "normal" bug, I noticed it during the last few days in my game and thought it would be useful to make the problem known here. Thank you for your time!

Hello @gothprincess4ever
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread that refers to the issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-still-show-toddler-traits-in-the-relationship-list/m-p/5838241#M33284
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @gothprincess4ever
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread that refers to the issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-still-show-toddler-traits-in-the-relationship-list/m-p/5838241#M33284

Thank you so much! I left my feedback a few minutes ago!
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    I think the romantic trait is basically glitched. I have sims who never had the romantic trait get the stressed moodlet because of the lack of love in their life.
  • DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I have had this problem when changing traits.. but I have had Sims I created get moodlets from traits they NEVER had. I also had one who kept getting Eurikas even tho she was never a scientist. I recently had to reinstall my game. Havent had much time to play since (due to never ending doctor appointments.) I'm hoping my fresh start will help.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    As annoying as this bug is, I kinda like it because it's like the sims get extra traits and more complicated personalities. Have anyone tried to remove a trait and then add an opposing trait to see what happens? :D

I am like you, I don't mind if those traits remain except for the wild trait, that one is totally glitched if your teen- elder sim ever had the wild trait as a toddler if they get the go go go (something like that) moodlet they will glitch out and keep sinking into the ground, standing up, sinking again while walking until that moodlet passes, I too have a mod that gets rid of moodlets for my active sims but if I am out and about in town, I will sometimes see my other sims do the glitchy walk, so now I never give any toddler the wild trait.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

aujineh wrote: »
    I think the romantic trait is basically glitched. I have sims who never had the romantic trait get the stressed moodlet because of the lack of love in their life.

Yes, same here! I guess someone needs a shower of love!!! :D
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Come to think of it, I have downloaded sims from the gallery that exhibited behavior not typical of their traits. And I also had an adult sim that got moodlets for the toddler "charmer" trait (I downloaded her off the gallery too). It's pretty odd.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I had a bug with the geek trait a couple of weeks ago. One sim in my household had the geek trait and would get tense every two hours for not playing games. I guess he also infected his roommate who has never had the trait at all but she also got tense just like a sim with the geek trait would, although, again every(!) two sim hours. So they could play a game and a little while after get tense. I mean we all love games but come on. I deleted the save and added them to another save and it stopped (for now).

It's annoying when a sim who have gotten different traits acts according to their old traits but I usually just resort to, like some others in the thread have suggested - clone them in CAS by making a twin and then deleting the original. It's time consuming if you want the same outfit etc. but it does the job.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

I got that too!
  • CookiezStoryCookiezStory Posts: 35 Member
    Romantic trait make me crazy :'( sadly I don't want to start a new one :s