Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Family

This is the third time active households have completely forgotten they were related to a certain Sim. In this case, I have Rey Taft who is the daughter of Sami Taft. Rey moved in with Kylo Black and now they are engaged. Before I throw the wedding, I was going to have a quick family meet up- Sami is remarried to Emily who has two brothers. Sami and Emily also have an adopted daughter named Carly. Rey lived with that family before she moved out to Kylo's. BUT NOW Rey's family tree is completely non existant. Kylo's is there with his parents, three brothers, two sisters and cousin.

WHY. And now I don't know how to make Rey meet her family again because they don't happen to be home. This is rather frustrating because my last wedding was botched due to similar circumstances and I want this one to be a big to-do. I have MC Command Center updated, dunno if a feature in there would help me find Rey's family and relate them again or not. Each missing family incident has been totally unrelated families. One I know for a fact was due to an alien abduction, so maybe Rey got abducted without my knowledge and erased her memory? IDK. :'(

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    May be either:
    1. They are not in the world and are marked unplayed, so the game culled them.
    2. Mod issues.
    3. If aging is on, sims will eventually die by old age and their ghosts can be culled.
    You must recover the older save file in order to get him back. Alien abductions won't erase relationships and Geneaolgy. Only way to mess up the Genealogy (family tree) is to delete sims. While cousins stay cousins after one's parents deleting, it is really annoying issue.
    Luckily, the new update will fix it (I hope).
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    That would greatly upset me, I hope you find a resolution.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    The Sim's family are there though, like I can go play Rey's original family. So they aren't culled and I keep aging for only the active household. Perhaps it is a mod issue? Not sure how it would be, but I guess that's the risk...
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I had something similar. If someone higher in the family tree gets culled it could sever a link? If their parents were culled for example they wouldn’t know they had the same parents. That’s what happened to me.

I have a mod, by darkgaia i think it is? Never gets updated anymore, but *touchwood* I haven’t had the issue since!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I had that happen before, Bob forgot his two daughters they had different mothers lived in different homes but one day he knew them the next they had no idea who one another was and I had a lot of families and kids in that save but those three were the only ones having the problem. Wasn't sure why might just be one of those ghost bugs that comes out of nowhere here and there.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png