Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 laptops, someone please explain why one crashes. THNX

ok so the story goes.....sorry its a read......

i got an old laptop off my father (computer tech) because my good pc died. It runs all of my games fairly well. Maybe had 2 Sims 4 crashes in the past year. I will post the dxdiag for it in the comments and the dxdiag for computer no.2 as well.

So i dropped the laptop and the display is fudged, so its just running its display through a VGA cord into a monitor. But i love just taking the laptop anywhere, soooo my dad gave me another laptop to use. He said its great, should be fine. Im happy with just fine.

I borrowed another 4G ram from the first laptop chucked it into the 2nd one so it would have a total of 8G ram. I ran the game and it all looks great.....until i try and place a lot.

it freezes OR crashes into windows. i tried placing Chez Llama into newcrest, then 2 other neighbourhoods, then another house lot just to see if it was Chez Llama. NOPE, they all do the same. I just cant play if I cant place any new lots, i dont really like building new houses that much.

ok so i know the specs of both laptops arent fantastic, i dont NEED optimum (im saving for a really good pc) so adequate will do for now.

Just remember the first laptop i will post works FINE 90% of the time.

the second one is my issue.

Comments

• meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    LAPTOP NO.1 (working one)

System Information
    Time of this report: 11/4/2017, 09:40:24
    Machine name: HOME
    Machine Id: {161B0EC4-404E-4ECC-908D-68DA280B62DE}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
    BIOS: F.33
    Processor: AMD A8-5550M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 7366MB RAM
    Page File: 2948MB used, 12097MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

LAPTOP NO.2 .please note I have not used any CC. I have used Nraas Master controller, but I have disabled it to see fi it was a problem and it made no difference.

System Information
    Time of this report: 11/4/2017, 09:28:08
    Machine name: LOZ-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170913-0600)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
    System Model: Satellite L750D
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.112.10
    Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3318MB RAM
    Page File: 1242MB used, 5393MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello
    Your second laptop runs the 32 bit windows whilst your first laptop runs the 64 bit windows.
    It would be best to upgrade your second laptop to the 64 bit version. I will ask @chesterbigbird to see if your laptop can handle the 64 bit Version.
    Also, the nraas master controller mod is a sims 3 mod. It can cause issues if it is in your sims 4 folder. You need to remove it from the mods folder.
    I did just notice that and wondered if it made a difference. I’m using one made specifically for sims 4, maybe I’m calling it the wrong thing lol. Thank you for reading my post
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    @rosemow laptop 1 can use 64 bit version of the game. laptop 2 can not however both do not meet requirements to run the game. laptop 1 is slightly more powerful than laptop 2. Both have integrated graphics and both are not designed to run this game. Both laptop are for light computer tasks . The game will have issues on both laptops
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    34 bit can only recognize 3.5GB of ram.. so you adding the other ram is fruitless on 32 bit LOL
    You can upgrade to 64 bit, however the ram is not the only issues, you have a weaker cpu and weaker integrated graphics on laptop 2.
    So all of this is going to cause issues, the crashing is most likely due to the ram usage though.. so get 64bit and play on low settings.
    Once you save enough for a new pc.. come back and we will help you find something awesome :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

I did just notice that and wondered if it made a difference. I’m using one made specifically for sims 4, maybe I’m calling it the wrong thing lol. Thank you for reading my post

Hello
    You may mean that you are using MCCC mod.
    When you have saved the money to buy the new computer, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section of the forums, and simmers there will offer suggestions.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions

Thanks guys, was fully aware they aren’t made for gaming, but it does the minimum to get my fix alright lol. My dad has a 64bit thingy lying around he said
    Hello
    To help when playing the game, turn on laptop mode. Lower your in game screen resolution in game options.
    Play in windowed mode. Close any open windows on the desktop when playing the game.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps your gameplay..

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Thanks guys, was fully aware they aren’t made for gaming, but it does the minimum to get my fix alright lol. My dad has a 64bit thingy lying around he said

Your very welcome.

The second laptop is a no, it also does not have enough ram even if you added a windows 64 bit. the video card/processor is very low end. Not worth upgrading the ram or to a 64 bit windows. . That is as far as the game goes. You could upgrade to 64 bit on laptop 2 just for general use, it would be better to have 64 bit but not for this game

Your first laptop is slightly better but you still may have issues running Cats and dogs on it. It's below requirements and you may have issues running it because your processor and video card are integrated