Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Countdown Thread To Cats & Dogs (Cats and Dogs Is Out Now)!!!!

Comments

• ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    Imagine all the new challenge possibilities!
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    Somehow the closer it gets the further away it seems. I don't know how I'll make a week fly by, but...I'll do it somehow!

I have sooooo many plans I'm ready to go forward with... Adding pets to a majority of the premade households, adding pets to my own Sim families, making new Sims to fill up that world cap, making a new family or two for Brindleton Bay...

Really, there's a lot I could do to make the week fly by, but...it doesn't make the wait any easier!

Playing something else usually helps me the most. Right now I'm obsessing over Horizon Zero Dawn so that definitely shortens the time. :D
    Oh. My. Gosh. Horizon Zero Dawn has to be one of my favorite games of all time!~ My fiance and I have a little statue of Aloy as the centerpiece for our dining table lol! Are you playing it...or re-playing it? I hear they added a New Game Plus in the patch? I haven't played it since the first time (not much anyway), but...now might definitely be a good chance to revisit it!
    Somehow the closer it gets the further away it seems. I don't know how I'll make a week fly by, but...I'll do it somehow!

I have sooooo many plans I'm ready to go forward with... Adding pets to a majority of the premade households, adding pets to my own Sim families, making new Sims to fill up that world cap, making a new family or two for Brindleton Bay...

Really, there's a lot I could do to make the week fly by, but...it doesn't make the wait any easier!

Yes I’m getting to the point where I might need to make another family of sims to pass the time! Although I have some fixing to do in my rotational save as I took out Estrellas Parents and there neighbor Nina Caliente dies so I need to do some repair work....
    Right?? I started up a new legacy save (this time with no rules or point counters, just for fun, 'cause I can never seem to stick with a challenge haha), and I've been slowly but surely trying to pass the time with them, seeing how many generations I can get through before Cats & Dogs comes out.

Ahh good ol' busy work! Might not be the most fun in the world, but at least it passes the time lol!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Does anyone plan on adding pets to premade family’s? I can’t wait too! And Bob pancakes great granddaughter Estrella Patel (a artistic loner in my rotational save) is ready for her first cat/kitten!!

Yep! I have a couple pages in my notebook where I've planned out which families will get pets, what kind, what traits they'll have and potential names.

I'm trying to decide if I should add a page to my excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the pets too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2017

Playing something else usually helps me the most. Right now I'm obsessing over Horizon Zero Dawn so that definitely shortens the time. :D
    Oh. My. Gosh. Horizon Zero Dawn has to be one of my favorite games of all time!~ My fiance and I have a little statue of Aloy as the centerpiece for our dining table lol! Are you playing it...or re-playing it? I hear they added a New Game Plus in the patch? I haven't played it since the first time (not much anyway), but...now might definitely be a good chance to revisit it!

Yes I’m getting to the point where I might need to make another family of sims to pass the time! Although I have some fixing to do in my rotational save as I took out Estrellas Parents and there neighbor Nina Caliente dies so I need to do some repair work....
    Right?? I started up a new legacy save (this time with no rules or point counters, just for fun, 'cause I can never seem to stick with a challenge haha), and I've been slowly but surely trying to pass the time with them, seeing how many generations I can get through before Cats & Dogs comes out.

Ahh good ol' busy work! Might not be the most fun in the world, but at least it passes the time lol!

Haha funny you've got a statue of it :D it's actually my first time playing it since I didn't have a PS4 til recently and I'm really enjoying it so far. Great story, fun side quests. Definitely entertained :D it reminds me quite a bit of the Witcher series (which I also love, so that's a good thing). And I'm also surprised I didn't find the archery harder to learn (I'm not usually brilliant at shooting things and far more comfortable with melee attacks so I'm super excited about not being incredibly bad at this game so far haha :D). But yeah, it eases the wait, so if you wanted to replay anyway, you're right: now is pretty much the perfect time. I know, for me, it's making the wait a lot easier!
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    [quote="birdonawire;c-16126827"]Only 1 tiny week to go! Now I can't help but join you all on this wonderful hype train! :D[/quote]

Here's another passangers jumping on that hype train!
    I'm so excited to finally get cats and dogs in my game. Still one week to go... Going to work next friday is going to be hard knowing the pack is out.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I have a ton of Halloween candy left, help yourselves while we wait!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    @LemDoodle it may not be but at least they are all getting ready! A few more have to meet Grimmy soon so that they’ll be room lol. Although Katrina Caliente is having fun raising her youngest 3 kids and then 3 grandkids lol. Poor sim she need a puppy or kitten maybe both!
    Does anyone plan on adding pets to premade family’s? I can’t wait too! And Bob pancakes great granddaughter Estrella Patel (a artistic loner in my rotational save) is ready for her first cat/kitten!!

Yep! I have a couple pages in my notebook where I've planned out which families will get pets, what kind, what traits they'll have and potential names.

I'm trying to decide if I should add a page to my excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the pets too.

I do that too write a list of who’s getting what lol glad to know I’m not the only one!
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    When I write down anything about sims my hubby thinks I’m ‘sad’! He doesn’t share my enthusiasm for sims! He laughs every time I have to write down the traits for my legacy family!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
    When I write down anything about sims my hubby thinks I’m ‘sad’! He doesn’t share my enthusiasm for sims! He laughs every time I have to write down the traits for my legacy family!

That's so sad! Bad hubby! Bad!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Did y'all hear the latest news? They have a new NPC in the game! If you try to create a dog house to torture your pets the NPC animal control named Grant pops up to take your pets. Just a lil fyi.

That’s not nice! Plus if you don’t write it down how do you remember?

Lol so funny thing happened to me. I just realized that a sim kid almost at teen was a boy not a girl XD his name was Kelly it’s now Kellen lol

Lol so funny thing happened to me. I just realized that a sim kid almost at teen was a boy not a girl XD his name was Kelly it’s now Kellen lol

ROFL

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i did that in sims3 once the boy had long hair so i put him in the girl room then he peed and i realized my mistake.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Ah, so close now, I'm getting too excited and it's become exceptionally difficult to focus on other stuff. I've got the week off starting on Monday and I think I'm going to die until the weekend arrives... I've been trying to binge watch some TV shows and read (huge book lover, I read about 200 books every year), but PEPS has been holding my brain hostage. So, yes, getting too difficult to make time pass faster.

I also deleted one of my old saves because I hadn't played it until May and now I've got only one save ready for C&D. It's getting a bit laggy though and I don't know whether it's due to the Mods or just my PC being an old lady... :D

Also, I can't wait to download some new houses from the Gallery, all ready for Brindleton Bay!
    He aged up with long hair and pink cloths! Both from baby to toddler and toddler to child he was 5 days away from teen when I noticed which means his parents have 4 boys....and I redid the room
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I actually have to wake up early on Saturday after the release, so I won't have much time after work to try it out. BUT we get Monday to Wednesday off after that because of a summit that'll make the roads busy, so I have more than enough time then. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I’ve decided that before they get a pet I need a girl in the family. Time for stacking the odds!
    He aged up with long hair and pink cloths! Both from baby to toddler and toddler to child he was 5 days away from teen when I noticed which means his parents have 4 boys....and I redid the room

I love that kind of unexpected! I'm way too controlling of my poor sims. I need to loosen up a bit!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    edited November 2017

I love that kind of unexpected! I'm way too controlling of my poor sims. I need to loosen up a bit!

I love the godlike aspect lol I’m usually nice to them though they get a lot of stuff! But I like turn and twists like opps Nina died who’s raising her kids Dina or Katrina?

I love the godlike aspect lol I’m usually nice to them though they get a lot of stuff!

I do spoil mine! I try hard to let them have their own lives too. I do try! Now I remind myself to focus on the children and let the adults be unless there is something I really need them to do, like cook.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam

I love the godlike aspect lol I’m usually nice to them though they get a lot of stuff!

I do spoil mine! I try hard to let them have their own lives too. I do try! Now I remind myself to focus on the children and let the adults be unless there is something I really need them to do, like cook.

Yes I try to have Parents be pretty much set for what they want or need and focus on the kiddos so far 2 of this family’s 4 are top notch toddlers and the goal is to get the twins there too!
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member

Haha funny you've got a statue of it :D it's actually my first time playing it since I didn't have a PS4 til recently and I'm really enjoying it so far. Great story, fun side quests. Definitely entertained :D it reminds me quite a bit of the Witcher series (which I also love, so that's a good thing). And I'm also surprised I didn't find the archery harder to learn (I'm not usually brilliant at shooting things and far more comfortable with melee attacks so I'm super excited about not being incredibly bad at this game so far haha :D). But yeah, it eases the wait, so if you wanted to replay anyway, you're right: now is pretty much the perfect time. I know, for me, it's making the wait a lot easier!
    Oh yes. We were so psyched about it when it was going to release that we pre-ordered a special limited edition something or another. Makes for a stunning and beautiful figure to add to our ultra-nerdy collection lol! I hope you'll like all the twists and turns the story has to offer. I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through. And the gameplay itself has got to be some of my favorite, not to mention the beautiful environment it's set in! Ahh, I could go on for ages~

I'm glad it reminds you of a game you already enjoy as well. :) I've never played the Witcher series personally but I've heard nothing but good things about it! For me it reminded me of Red Dead Redemption in certain ways -- a far stretch, I know! And I know exactly what you mean about the archery; I'm right there with you. I'm definitely more of a melee person as well! Up close and personal! >)
    @LemDoodle it may not be but at least they are all getting ready! A few more have to meet Grimmy soon so that they’ll be room lol. Although Katrina Caliente is having fun raising her youngest 3 kids and then 3 grandkids lol. Poor sim she need a puppy or kitten maybe both!

I do that too write a list of who’s getting what lol glad to know I’m not the only one!
    Ahh poor Katrina!! I'm sure a furry companion might help ease the stresses of child-raising at least a little bit lol.

And I hope y'all don't mind me butting in to the other part of this comment, but I've been doing that as well!! Taken up quite a few pages in my little notebook, haha. An excel spreadsheet is a great idea, though... Maybe a Google Doc too!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18

We can always count on you to cheer us up Friends! }}}Hugs{{{

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top