Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No doghouses and not a real graveyard, why?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2017
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Himynameis wrote: »
    He was a fake. He is already banned. A guru wouldn't do that.

...Except he did in the live stream

No, he made a comment on the broadcast that put a lot of folks off. It doesn't matter if it was a joke or not. I choose to forgive him. We have all made blunders in our lives. It doesn't mean I agree with him. I am just able to forgive and move on.

Maybe it was trolling (remarks in live stream) then when it gets the whole fanbase a buz and lit up with outrage, they get their posts deleted. But a guru trolling the fanbase caused the whole uproar. It's sort of not fair to troll the fanbase then delete them and jail them when they respond. What did they expect?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member

No, he made a comment on the broadcast that put a lot of folks off. It doesn't matter if it was a joke or not. I choose to forgive him. We have all made blunders in our lives. It doesn't mean I agree with him. I am just able to forgive and move on.

He made a very tasteless comment that directly said anyone who uses a doghouse abuses their pets. I don't care of it was a joke or not he was representing EA during the time. I couldn't care less if he actually believes that but to say it on a public forum like that was a very stupid thing to do.
    Personally I'm not angry at him and I think a lot of people are overreacting (calling for him to be fired etc) but they have to know that what he said was incredibly condescending and extremely rude and narrow minded
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Maybe it was trolling (remarks in live stream) then when it gets the whole fanbase a buz and lit up with outrage, they get their posts deleted. But a guru trolling the fanbase caused the whole uproar. It's sort of not fair to troll the fanbase then delete them and jail them when they respond. What did they expect?
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. But which of us will be the ones that have to apologize or get punished, or even banned because we had a reaction to a poorly timed "joke"? This is the first time I've ever felt not welcome in the forum, and it's not even because of the other users. I always try to be courteous to those I'm sharing this forum with and stay on topic to the thread at hand, but still my posts were removed under a blanket statement of "no bullying, stay on topic."

But I digress (sorry, overseers). I'm accepting of the reasoning for no doghouses being that they didn't need a woohoo item for pets anymore. But why couldn't we have one that filled energy needs? Or heck, I'd take just a decor doghouse. I mean we're already getting decor crates that are just sitting there teasing us, why not doghouses as well? Or if it's not the "woohoo object" reason, what is the real reason?? I don't care if it's boring, I just want to understand why they'd exclude a pet item from a pet game.
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    edited November 2017
    It's sad to see the forums in this state because of one not so funny joke. I've been lurking and what I saw made me sick...
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »
    I think it's best if the person who made such comments gets fired. Look what it's done to the forums.

I think that's going a little overboard on this.

In case you haven't been on these forums for long, it doesn't take much and this has happened many times and it too, shall pass. I think every simmer has a pitchfork in their closet to raise when they get upset about something to do with this game. ( You shoulda seen them all when Rachel danced on stage for GT rollout)
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    They said we could build our own doghouses *sigh* Yes we could, but that's not the point. He also said that we live in 2017 and not in the 50ies. No need for doghouses anymore. So he said. Is he the all mighty dog-father now? LOL. Wanting a doghouse just for the "picture" doesn't make us bad pet-owners.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

LuvMySimz wrote: »
    They said we could build our own doghouses *sigh* Yes we could, but that's not the point. He also said that we live in 2017 and not in the 50ies. No need for doghouses anymore. So he said. Is he the all mighty dog-father now? LOL. Wanting a doghouse just for the "picture" doesn't make us bad pet-owners.

I took that 2017 comment as an insult to my generation. And if they got out of their LA bubble they might find out, no, people have not moved on from doghouses. And he may have meant the doghouse was used for mating/woohoo in the past, true, but hello, Grant, dogs don't get puppies by rubbing noses....we haven't advanced that much, yet..they get puppies the old fashioned way.

Yeah I laughed out loud when he said the rubbing noses thing *SMH*

• poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    It seems no one caught that one of the Gurus, I think it was JM, said they would have to be HUGE in the game just to fit some of the large dogs. He specifically mentioned Chow Chows. They were saying that it would have been impractical for the team to have added them. That and the fact that they have a new way of breeding and don't need the doghouses for that purpose, I think it was a decision to focus on other areas. Grants comments are getting all the attention, but if you rewatch the stream, they did give further information.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    esfire wrote: »
    kind of ridiculous that a thread about doghouses in a videogame can spark 35 pages of complaining. no one uses dog houses irl anymore its a waste to spend resources on it and some modder is gonna make them anyway so youre gonna have them in your game if you dont feel like making one yourself, if you Absolutely need a doghouse

If you'd read the 35 pages you'd see a lot of people talking about how it's not true that "no one uses dog houses irl anymore". This especially varies by country but even regionally within countries like different areas of the United States.

i just dont really see why no doghouses is such a big issue, personally, is all. but to each their own
    edited November 2017
    It seems no one caught that one of the Gurus, I think it was JM, said they would have to be HUGE in the game just to fit some of the large dogs. He specifically mentioned Chow Chows. They were saying that it would have been impractical for the team to have added them. That and the fact that they have a new way of breeding and don't need the doghouses for that purpose, I think it was a decision to focus on other areas. Grants comments are getting all the attention, but if you rewatch the stream, they did give further information.

I don't understand this. TS2 and TS3 has Chow Chows. And Great Danes. And hello, dog houses were not just for mating, but dogs slept in them or went to rest in them while they watched the mailman. Or should I say mail person? The reason is clear they think it's cruel. TS2 and TS3 dogs sleep in doghouses, why was it o.k then and not now? Because of all those horrible vidoes on TV about abuse begging for money but if you investigate some animal charities you find out they don't spend the money where you think they do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    kind of ridiculous that a thread about doghouses in a videogame can spark 35 pages of complaining. no one uses dog houses irl anymore its a waste to spend resources on it and some modder is gonna make them anyway so youre gonna have them in your game if you dont feel like making one yourself, if you Absolutely need a doghouse

If you'd read the 35 pages you'd see a lot of people talking about how it's not true that "no one uses dog houses irl anymore". This especially varies by country but even regionally within countries like different areas of the United States.

i just dont really see why no doghouses is such a big issue, personally, is all. but to each their own

The lame excuse for not making them is the issue.

• RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited November 2017

The thing is they managed to make doghouses a normal size with large dogs in the Sims 1 2 and 3. I don't see why it's now suddenly impossible.

i dont think its lame to choose to focus on other things. but as i said, to each their own
    edited November 2017

i dont think its lame to choose to focus on other things. but as i said, to each their own

Lazer litter boxes? As if that is a real thing. Sims too lazy now to clean out the litter box like they are too lazy to walk to a pc and actually type out an order for medicine..short cuts galore. (ETA: Sometimes they need to tell the FX guys, NO).
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member

The Sims Team: "Hey guys, remember the trademark telescope from the first three games? Well now it's a massive, ugly observatory tower with no functional alternatives. Also, we made a giant rocket ship instead of toddlers. We knew you wouldn't mind."

Also the Sims Team:
    "Dog houses? Oh no, we can't include those! They'd be far too big!"

OMG! I am STILL waiting for a normal telescope lol. Sad... :'(

I'd rather have a doghouse than those st*pid pet costumes that they "choosed to focus" on

Lazer litter boxes? As if that is a real thing. Sims too lazy now to clean out the litter box like they are too lazy to walk to a pc and actually type out an order for medicine..short cuts galore.

i personally dont want to wait for my sims to walk over to their computer and type out an order for medicine, im glad they dont do that. youre entitled to your opinion and im entitled to mine, its all good

I'd rather have a doghouse than those st*pid pet costumes that they "choosed to focus" on

thats okay, i hope someone makes doghouse cc for you so you can have it in your game then
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member

The Sims Team: "Hey guys, remember the trademark telescope from the first three games? Well now it's a massive, ugly observatory tower with no functional alternatives. Also, we made a giant rocket ship instead of toddlers. We knew you wouldn't mind."

Also the Sims Team:
    "Dog houses? Oh no, we can't include those! They'd be far too big!"

This made me laugh so loud I scared my cats.. I think I need coffee.
    edited November 2017

Lazer litter boxes? As if that is a real thing. Sims too lazy now to clean out the litter box like they are too lazy to walk to a pc and actually type out an order for medicine..short cuts galore.

i personally dont want to wait for my sims to walk over to their computer and type out an order for medicine, im glad they dont do that. youre entitled to your opinion and im entitled to mine, its all good

s.i.m.u.l.a.t.i.o.n......is it necessary? Yes, I would argue it is or you risk being a phone game. Or worse, an arcade game, you know ding, ding, ding, ping, bam, sounds etc. etc. level up and get on with it.

s.i.m.u.l.a.t.i.o.n......is it necessary? Yes, I would argue it is or you risk being a phone game. Or worse, an arcade game, you know ding, ding, ding, ping, bam, sounds etc. etc. level up and get on with it.

i respect your opinion, lets hope you get what you want then
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

s.i.m.u.l.a.t.i.o.n......is it necessary? Yes, I would argue it is or you risk being a phone game.
    Thus why they are called the Sims. They simulate real people. Sims 3 did have laser litter boxes too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller