Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog houses are cruel

12346...Next

Comments

• SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    edited November 2017
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2017
    NickSims wrote: »

Yes, I know since I follow him on Twitter. That was my tweet he responded to. Tried to find Grant on Twitter, but coundn't, so he may not have a guru account.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2017
    Maybe if you see a dog tied to a doghouse you might approach your neighbor and ask if they would care if you excersise and play with their dog everyday? I know I wouldn't want to approach some people (many reasons for that) but maybe the person is elderly and can't get out there as much or have been in the hospital, and has to depend on other family to come up take care of their pet. Not everything is as it seems, sometimes. That was the case of one of my neighbors who lives down the road (yes, it's very, very country here). Playing with his dog and letting him onto my land with my dogs was the best part of that dog's life until they could care for him again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Uhm what is going on. Its not showing when theres new comments on this thread and I saw Christiansimfan's comments, then i went back (looking for my comment, which is gone) and now hers are gone too!?! My original comment wasnt even off topic. Of course its hypocritical, but theyre making this game for teenage girls. I guess my examples took it off topic?
    If they paid to attention to what fans really want, this thread probably wouldn't even need to be here. And most want communication from devs, not warnings like we're on recess. We're adults discussing a game many of us have been playing for years. Instead of deleting and editing comments, take your feedback and accept it (it being devs dropping the ball with this ep and grants comment being unacceptable)
    We get 1 ep a year.... That's why the community gets all uppity (good or bad) when ep info is released. I feel i shouldnt have to explain this.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Well since my comments were apparently "off topic," I'll try to keep it short and sweet this time.

Dog houses? Not cruel. Parading your animals around in costumes 24/7? Cruel. (This, of course, does NOT include functional clothing or clothes needed for some kind of medical purpose.) Making your dogs and cats jump through rings of fire for your amusement? Cruel.

I'd leave it at that, but I know that's probably going to set someone off or be "too rude" to be valid. So I guess I can't keep it short and sweet. Sorry. :/

One could make the argument that pet costumes aren't abusive and fine, so be it. If you (using the general "you" here, not talking about a specific person) want your poor pet to have to be trussed up all the time, that's your prerogative. And just to clarify, I'm not speaking of Halloween costumes and the like... You know, a one-time occurrence. I'm talking about a hypothetical person (because I don't want anyone to feel like I'm targeting them) who has their precious little puppy wearing a pink, frilly dress all the time and they obviously don't like it, or are merely tolerating it.

And you wanna talk about the 1950s? Yeah, we don't have animals jumping through rings of fire for our entertainment anymore. That is cruel. Someone, please feel free to correct me on that, though.

Gosh, I guess I just forgot. It's 2017.

Tch.
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    NickSims wrote: »

Yes, I know since I follow him on Twitter. That was my tweet he responded to. Tried to find Grant on Twitter, but coundn't, so he may not have a guru account.

It's sad when someone else who did nothing wrong has to do damage control.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi folks,

Several second chances have been given in this thread. Sadly we are now at a point we will need to close it.

I will say this again - we love and welcome feedback from players, but this feedback should be provided in a constructive manner that does not violate forum rules.

Thanks for understanding.
    -EA_Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top