Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    No worries thanks for checking @Laebeth !

I wasn't very specific in the first place, I can see why you're asking. I will definitely make my next challenge more clear for everyone, so thanks! You've helped me see what I need to work on in this forum.

Also yes, I will be more lenient on those two requirements because even though they are requirements I still want you guys to be able to make the creative calls on your builds. I don't want to have you guys work around my requirements. I want you guys to incorporate the requirements. I'm not sure if that makes any sense :D
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Thank you very much @JosieAnglin !

I was not trying to be nitpicky, but in most of the comps that has requirements they tend to be very strict on them. This is a completely new comp hosted by you, so I am just trying to work out how you want your comp to be :blush: I mean, this is your thing, so you can do it in whatever way you choose! I am just trying to pick your brain and figure out what you are expecting of us :wink:

And yes I know what you mean. You want the requirements to be easily incorporated, and not a hindrance when building. I get that :smiley:

My house is coming along. I have been spending a long time figuring out the interior decor. My my, it is not looking pretty, but hopefully authentic. haha! If I keep going at this rate I'll be able to finish within the time :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    going to start on my tonight i eel i have some idea for the building so here goes nothing
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    Question : Should the house be 80's or is it suppose to be a modern build with 80's decorations etc :)@JosieAnglin
    rzsH227.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    going to start on my tonight i eel i have some idea for the building so here goes nothing

Hello @cmbaker16 :)
    I hope that you enjoy working on your build!
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Challenge Number: 1
    Origin ID: cmbaker16
    Entry Level: experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: That 80s House
    Gallery Link: That 80s House
    Would You Like Criticism: sure
    Additional Notes:

23w6zpz.png

2j136h2.png

s4awk5.png

2m2tmw7.png

1zydk6o.png

fypaqa.png

28jcq45.png
    Question : Should the house be 80's or is it suppose to be a modern build with 80's decorations etc :)@JosieAnglin

It can be anything on the outside with 80's decor/colors on the inside of the home. If you want it to be more traditional or more modern that's completely up to you! :)
    @cmbaker16 ; I love the name of your home! :D Thank you so much for submitting!
    Very nice exterior design of That 80s House ! @cmbaker16 :) The design of the roofing looks great! It looks nice hedging borders the edges of the lot. Nice seat bench sitting nook on the front porch for sims to sit and rest in the outdoors air. The vases of flowers are pretty for sims to see when sitting there. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating meals at the dining table in the back patio in the outdoors air. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! It is great that there is a basement games and games level! Sims will have fun dancing to the stereo music on the dance floor and enjoy playing the llama table top game and foosball. Nice bar area for them to have a drink after dancing. Very nice sofa seats sitting area in the living room! The colouful yellow and blue sofas and patterned floor rug suit the theme well! Sims will enjoy relaxing there watching tv, having a read of a book and cookies from the jar on the coffee table. Very nice kitchen and dining room! The windows dining area is very nice for sims to enjoy eating meals in the sunshine. The red colour of the dining seats, the red and orange circles patterned floor rug and the patterned bar stools give a great 80’s feel to the room!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    Thanks for tagging me @JosieAnglin ... I didn't see this till today, but it sounds like so much fun. I'm going to do my best to get something entered..wish me luck
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @kimartist Good luck! I'm sure you will be able to whip up something awesome :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    kimartist wrote: »
    Thanks for tagging me @JosieAnglin ... I didn't see this till today, but it sounds like so much fun. I'm going to do my best to get something entered..wish me luck

Hello @kimartist :) I am sure that your build will be great! I will look forward to seeing it :)
    Thanks @Laebeth and @rosemow for your confidence in me..Now if I can only have that much confidence
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited November 2017
    first off, i'd just like to say i know nothing about the 80s. :disappointed:
    here are the references i used: exterior: 01 02 interior: 01 02
    sorry if it isn't 80s enough!

-Information-
    Challenge Number: one
    Origin ID: dalektables
    Entry Level: experienced, but really bad?? lol
    Gallery Name Of Build: ddchallenge - 01
    Gallery Link: link
    Would You Like Criticism: sure
    Additional Notes: n/a

-Images-
    Street View:
    tumblr_oytva7bPem1v707rto1_1280.png
    Top View:
    tumblr_oytva7bPem1v707rto2_1280.png
    tumblr_oytva7bPem1v707rto3_1280.png
    tumblr_oytva7bPem1v707rto4_1280.png
    tumblr_oytva7bPem1v707rto5_1280.png
    1-5 Additional Images:
    tumblr_oytvl0SHyC1v707rto7_1280.png
    tumblr_oytvl0SHyC1v707rto4_1280.png
    tumblr_oytvl0SHyC1v707rto2_1280.png
    tumblr_oytvl0SHyC1v707rto5_1280.png
    tumblr_oytvl0SHyC1v707rto3_1280.png
    eta; also, just noticed a couple objects are floating. :*
    i never notice this til i look at my screenshots, oops.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Your home is very nice! @pennypolendina :) Very nice design of the exterior! The large glass windows look very nice, creating a very nice light filled home. The flowers look very pretty along the front edges of the home, and the pink flamingos are special touches there. The glass roofing is great! The outdoors living patio is very nice for sims to sit relaxing on the sofas in the outdoors air or enjoy resting in the hot tub, Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The dining area is very nice. The alternating pink and blue coloured dining chairs are a great touch, and the pink leaves pictures look nice on the brown coloured wall. Very nice design and furnishing of the living room! It looks very nice how the sofas and armchairs are placed there, and the patterned floor rug is a nice touch under the seating. The yellow flowers and candle are pretty for sims to see as they sit there. Very nice bar area. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The bottles shelves look great on the wall. Very nice chocolate, pink and white colour scheme of the gaming room. Sims will have fun playing console games there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The bedhead mirrors look great in the rooms. The shelves and table with the clothes and toiletries on them , and the shoes rack are homely touches in the rooms.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    thank you. @rosemow :blush:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Thank you so much for entering @pennypolendina!
    This was fun, but had to whip it out, cause I'm not going to be able to play for a few days. Hope you like it.

Entry Form

Origin ID: kimartist
    Entry Level: Starting Out/ Experienced  (I'm unsure)

Gallery Name Of Build: 80's Retro
    Gallery Link: Gallery
    Lot: Willow Creek/Goth
    Would You Like Criticism: yes, please
    Additional Notes: This is designed for west coast 80's. East Coast 80's was very different. I know, because I lived it. LOL

-Images-
    Street View:
    11_03_17_5_55_17_PM.png
    Daytime
    11_03_17_5_56_37_PM.png
    Nighttime
    11_03_17_5_55_47_PM.png
    Side View
    Top View: (show the layout)
    11_03_17_5_54_37_PM.png
    Second Floor
    11_03_17_5_54_02_PM.png
    First Floor
    11_03_17_5_53_54_PM.png
    Basement
    revisedsig2.png

The exterior design of 80’s Retro looks very nice! @kimartist :) The slanted roofing looks great! It looks very nice how you have used the half walls in the front area of the build and have created a very nice flowers and plant bed. Very nice layout of build! Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors on the seating on the upper patio chatting in the outdoors air. The watering cans of flowers are nice touches there, and the statue looks great! Very nice pool and outdoors living patio. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, and sitting poolside at the umbrella covered table. Very nice patio area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the picnic tables in the outdoors air. Very nice basement level areas! Sims will have fun playing foosball or computer games whilst sitting at the desk table, and enjoy dancing to the stereo music. Very nice bar area! The orange and yellow patterned floor rug adds a great look to the room! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. It looks very nice how the sofas have been placed in the tv room. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there watching tv together. Very nice furnishing of each level of the home! The floor rugs are special 80’s themed touches in the rooms.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    @kimartist Thank you so much for entering! :)
    Entry form:

-Information-
    Origin ID: LeashaLoves
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Retro Residence
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2C63822FC12511E780C0A7B3994392A6
    Would You Like Criticism: yes
    Additional Notes: So i'm not sure to what level you will judge (eg i have a few things sticking into walls to make it look like something new) So i just thought i would build how i would build for myself and see how i go :) I also play with walls up, so i guess if walls were down some things will look a bit odd! So I was born in the late 80's and live in New Zealand -(which means house styles were influenced by the U.S and England) I tried my best to remember my childhood homes and the bad furniture! (I went through some old photo albums too!), lol so sorry if it looks a bit 70s-90s I know some colours etc are not quite right, but ive tried my best! and i LOVED this challenge. As far as i can tell everything is usable - and if only we had real cars to fill the garage! Haha also, the master bedroom i modeled off my parents old room, all i needed to finish it off was a water bed, who else had one of those!! (last thing : the fireplace drops down sometimes when placing the house, you need to remove back wall, place it, then add wall back in)

-Images-
    Street View: ZwR28zP.png

Top View: (show the layout)
    5sGXCCh.png
    gwKNO3D.png

1-5 Additional Images:
    8WfwPHs.png
    dYZYB90.png
    olDgGUq.png
    gEroqDd.png
    rzsH227.png
    edited November 2017
    The design of the exterior of Retro Residence looks very nice! @leashahampton ;) The roofing area looks great and the open shutter windows look nice in the build . The tall trees and lavender around the base of them adds a nice look to the front area of the home. Very nice layout of the build, both the interior and outdoors areas! Very nice outdoors dining, living and pool patio! The flowers look very pretty on the edges of the patio. Sims will have fun playing foosball and enjoy eating food at the poolside table after cooking the food on the bbq. Nice stereo nook for the sims to have fun dancing to the music. Very nice bar and gaming gazebo! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar and have fun playing arcade machine games. The chequered pink and black flooring gives a great look to the gazebo! The string lights are a nice touch there. The inside dining room is very nice! It is great that there is a long dining table there for many sims to enjoy dining together at the table. They will enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from the buffet table and fountain . The triangular wall decor and the balloons look great there on the blue/green walls! Very nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting on the sofas, armchairs and at the table having a chat and watching tv. The fireplace will keep the room warm, and the fan is a great touch there to keep the room cool. The wall plates and the fish bowl on the sofa side table are nice touches in the room. The floor pattern in the kids room looks great!
    It is a very nice retro home! :)
    Thanks @Rosemow :) I always love to read your reviews!
    rzsH227.png
    Very cute house @leashahampton, we have lots of those style here in america. You've made me feel so drastically old. I've been married longer than you have been on this earth. My first house was late 70's and boy it was ugly looking back, but we all though what a cute style back then.
    revisedsig2.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top