Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help getting sims 2 to work on new laptop windows 10

shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
So I got a brand new laptop MSI 7RF Apache Pro. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz. It is windows 10 Nevidia Geforce 1060 and 16gb. I got sims medieval, sims 3 and 4 to work on it great but I am having trouble getting sims 2 ultimate collection to run on it. I used graphics rule to help get my graphics recognized and have tried different compatibility settings. I can get it to open using windows 7 settings. However it has to be in window mode. At first it would start up but the neighborhood map would be bright pink and some places black. After that I tried repairing the game and now it will open up to a white screen with sound but can't see anything. Not sure what to do. Also have taken saves and downloads out and still nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this? I really don't want to loose my sims 2. It worked great on my last laptop but it was windows 7. Was told it would work on this but so far no luck.

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    The graphic rules did not fix your problem entirely. It only half works with the Nvidia 1060, and several other cards. You should not have to launch it in compatibility mode, you should just be able to launch it. The reason for your problems is it is not recognizing your card, not entirely. As a matter of fact I had that same bright pink and several other issues when I got a 960 card a while back.

I have a 1060 now so I know it can work. Here is info on how to edit the files by hand.

http://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212

If you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself I could send you a copy of my files through e-mail, if we have the same card. How many mb does your 1060 card have?

• shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    Could you please send me your files if they match? Memory: 16384MB RAM, Available OS Memory: 16270MB RAM
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Could you please send me your files if they match? Memory: 16384MB RAM, Available OS Memory: 16270MB RAM

No on the graphics card. I have a GTX 1060 6GB, meaning my card has 6Gb of ram built in. If yours does also you can PM me your e-mail (don't put it here) and I will send you out the files you need. If you are unsure you can pm me anyway, it won't hurt to try, worst case is it won't work. :)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    That would be interesting if the newer graphics causes problem with The Sims 2. I've heard of The Sims 3 not working on Macs that have newer Intel or AMD graphics but never any of The Sims games on Windows. Sadly like The Sims 3, Medieval, and 4, The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories use the GraphicsRules and GraphicsCards files which can have problems on newer PCs. While the game works (in my case), Sims and Pets will get a black rectangle when Shadows are set to high (at least on Windows 7, 8, and 10)
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer