Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the next life state you would like to see?

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Witches
    Of curse.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Witches
    I voted for witches, but I would be happy about almost any other life state. I did enjoy playing as a witch in TS3 and so I'd like that life state to return as well, especially since the vampire game pack did such a great job with the skills and abilities.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Faires
    Looking at the poll, what I actually find interesting is that the second leader is Fairies. I would have thought it would have been werewolves. That would be another supernatural that could be interesting to delve into as, if fleshed out a bit, it wouldn't have to be just werewolves. There are other were-creatures in other cultures and fantasy. In "Out of the Pit," an RPG book that I bought years ago, there are were-tigers which are actually generally female and a bit more refined, although ruthless when it comes to hunting (That aspect obviously can't be applied to a T game but still, it's interesting).
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited November 2017
    Witches
    I voted witches :)

ETA:

I'd love if witches came with a light and dark world bigger than forgotten hollow or 2 worlds the size of FH with light and dark themes... OR a hogwarts style worlds

That said I also still want fairies and elves and fantasy worlds for them too.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    None of the above. I didn't want it in sims3 and I don't want it now.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Mermaids
    Looking at the poll, what I actually find interesting is that the second leader is Fairies. I would have thought it would have been werewolves. That would be another supernatural that could be interesting to delve into as, if fleshed out a bit, it wouldn't have to be just werewolves. There are other were-creatures in other cultures and fantasy. In "Out of the Pit," an RPG book that I bought years ago, there are were-tigers which are actually generally female and a bit more refined, although ruthless when it comes to hunting (That aspect obviously can't be applied to a T game but still, it's interesting).
    Yeah same. This new poll feature is really interesting in actually showing a quantitative result on forums on what life state Simmers want next. I just find it fascinating given how much I love math. Oh that's cool. That would be interesting to see a general werebeast design. I mean imagine making the beast from Beauty and the Beast and other designs? Cool article about it and seems to be called therianthropy: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurWerebeastsAreDifferent
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves, now and forever. With the ability to customize their werewolf form in CAS to be as awesomely bestial or barely canine as we want (With wolf ears, muzzles, and tails all available, for crying out loud!), the ability to change to full wolf form as and the ability to turn others as some of the powers on their skill tree (so we can pick and choose how werewolves work in our own game worlds, just like we can for vampires), and a good selection of weaknesses to pick from (not just silver, but things like emotional transformation and increased appetite too!). Also, a mean interaction for sims with a high level of Werewolf Lore where they can call any werewolf they know by their full name to force them back to human form...which works as long as it's not a full moon (if it is a full moon, there's just a negative hit to their relationship status and some strong angry moodlets as a result. And, yes, that's actually a traditional werewolf weakness...along with smacking them in the head three times with an oaken staff and using an iron bar as a werewolf detector, as a matter of fact.).

Werewolves in TS4 could be so cool if they could just not take the lazy, generic Hollywood wolfman route this time around!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves, now and forever. With the ability to customize their werewolf form in CAS to be as awesomely bestial or barely canine as we want (With wolf ears, muzzles, and tails all available, for crying out loud!), the ability to change to full wolf form as and the ability to turn others as some of the powers on their skill tree (so we can pick and choose how werewolves work in our own game worlds, just like we can for vampires), and a good selection of weaknesses to pick from (not just silver, but things like emotional transformation and increased appetite too!). Also, a mean interaction for sims with a high level of Werewolf Lore where they can call any werewolf they know by their full name to force them back to human form...which works as long as it's not a full moon (if it is a full moon, there's just a negative hit to their relationship status and some strong angry moodlets as a result. And, yes, that's actually a traditional werewolf weakness...along with smacking them in the head three times with an oaken staff and using an iron bar as a werewolf detector, as a matter of fact.).

Werewolves in TS4 could be so cool if they could just not take the lazy, generic Hollywood wolfman route this time around!

Your ideas are so cool! Hope it happens
  • Vee_SamVee_Sam Posts: 54 Member
    Werewolves
    I would like to see werewolves, but I think witches might come first. Reason I say so is, I downloaded sims 4 studio 2weeks ago to make cc tattoos and for some odd reason under outfit choice there is a witch category. Like, why is that option even there, or was it always there. And if its always been there, why isn't werewolves or fairies an option. I don't. Maybe its nothing.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolf, natch.

But I'd be getting all the others.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves are beautiful creatures of the night, the end.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited November 2017
    Mermaids
    I want mermaids but only makes sense if you can go out on a boat. More than that, i want sirens
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2017
    Werewolves
    simgame wrote: »

Your ideas are so cool! Hope it happens

Werewolves, love your ideas SimsLovinLycan! But fairies and witches would be cool too!
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Witches
    Witches. I want some magic in this game, other than the wishing well, so withes would be amazing.

Although fairies also had magic, I want to create a wizard that is Harry Potter Like, so that's why.

Also if we do get witches, please have children more things to do as young witch, rather than learning to do magic at their teenage years.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    edited November 2017
    Faires
    I voted for fairies, but I could just as well have voted for witches, because I like them both. I think they could even be one and the same, in a way. I'd love to see a pack with a new lifestate and magic system. What I'm imagining is that the magic could be learned by anyone, but fairies would know it innately, perhaps gaining the skill faster and getting a power or two just from aging up. Fairies would have a couple more abilities (wings so they can fly and a second form much like aliens and vampires) and there could be lots of different spells, powers and curses so your witch or fairy can be good or evil, or a little bit of both.

I'm thinking of spells like things to boost plant growth or interactions with animals, to give another sim a skill point instantaneously, to turn supernatural sims into humans, to light things on fire or to douse fires, to transform a sim's appearance, to change two sims' relationship (giving friendship or romance or taking it away) or to influence their mood. There would also be a spell they can learn to break a curse. Some curses would have a specified duration, others could even have specific ways to be broken. Curses could be temporarily transforming a sim into a small animal (it could last a day or so), a curse that prevents a sim from ever filling one specific need completely or a sleeping curse, which would last longer than the vampire powers and such, but could be broken by a spell or by a kiss from a sim with a high enough romantic relationship score. There are so many things inspired by fairy tales that could be done, and most of them work well for both fairies and witches.

You can see I've thought about this a lot. XD I have a few more spell ideas and such, but that's the gist of it.

Edit: Oh, and of course magic would be limited. Using a wand would make spells less costly. With that idea in mind, born fairies might have a little more power to start with, and with increasing magic spell, anyone could get a little more, meaning a fairy would always have slightly more magic than a witch of the same level.

Second edit: With such strong curses, unplayed witches and fairies should be able to use spells autonomously, but not curses.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Faires
    @SimsLovinLycan I like your ideas for the werewolves. While I would really like them to implement witches / fairies (as you can see above, I've given those a lot of thought), your ideas and some more like them could actually make werewolves interesting. And it would sure be useful for when I get to Beauty and the Beast in the game I've just started. I wasn't too keen on werewolves before because they've been so shallow and annoying in previous iterations, but with a power system like the vampires and a few original ideas, they could be great too. ^_^ I hope we get more supernatural gamepacks. They're so fun and they can easily be skipped by those who only want realism.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Robots
    I want Servos to return!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Witches
    I like how you can see what everyone voted for.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Witches
    I love the ideas for expanding on werewolves, would love to be able to play as a weretiger.

On a side note just because I'm wondering about it. Previously I have always wanted to see the supernaturals in Game Packs for focused depth but now I am torn. I think that Game Packs are allowed to be more deviant than Expansions so that is a plus for those. However, if the only packs that come with a big new world are Expansions then having all supernaturals in Game Packs would mean that there would be no large supernatural world, that would be a drawback.

Meek supernaturals with big Spooky world or wonderfully deep supernaturals with the ability to be deviant.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2017
    Witches
    I hope we see all of them, but I miss the witches from Makin Magic/Apartment Life/Supernatural. I also miss Servo, and the other robots from Sims 2 and Sims 3. When they add back witches, maybe they could also add back Broomhilda, the skeleton maid. I really miss Broomhilda. Things I would like to see added with the witches are: potions, cauldrons, wands, gestures, and spellbooks, even secret recipe books for magical treats and special herbal remedies. But I wouldn't want witches to only come by themselves - they should also come with zombies, werewolves, fairies. I miss the fairies too, but there was less you could do with them than you could with an alchemist witch.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Werewolves
    I feel like werewolves just have a coolness factor to them that others wouldn't. And I think it'd be really interesting to see them in a fleshed out state. I think a lot of supernatural stories use werewolves as kind of a one-off trope, so I'd be really intrigued to see what the sims team would come up with.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Mermaids
    I like how you can see what everyone voted for.
    Yeah I was debating whether to have it show or not with the poll. I figure it would be nice to have it show it, so people can feel like they are apart of a team or something. Loving all the ideas Simmers have so far with supernatural ideas.

I'm hoping if we do get witches, they will be kind of like the ones from Once Upon a Time. I love that show and it showed a variety of how good and evil and anywhere in between acted like.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Werewolves
    Triplis wrote: »
    I feel like werewolves just have a coolness factor to them that others wouldn't. And I think it'd be really interesting to see them in a fleshed out state. I think a lot of supernatural stories use werewolves as kind of a one-off trope, so I'd be really intrigued to see what the sims team would come up with.

With a little extra research into the folklore behind werewolves (not just Xeroxing whatever Hollywood is doing/has done and calling it a day), you can really make some interesting werewolves. Take the werewolves in Patricia Briggs' Mercedes Thompson universe. It's obvious to anyone who's also familiar with the old folklore that Briggs has taken the old lore and mixed it with Hollywood lore and her own original ideas to create a very interesting take on lycanthropes.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Werewolves
    Triplis wrote: »

With a little extra research into the folklore behind werewolves (not just Xeroxing whatever Hollywood is doing/has done and calling it a day), you can really make some interesting werewolves. Take the werewolves in Patricia Briggs' Mercedes Thompson universe. It's obvious to anyone who's also familiar with the old folklore that Briggs has taken the old lore and mixed it with Hollywood lore and her own original ideas to create a very interesting take on lycanthropes.
    Sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give the series a look.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io