Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone help me? I want to delete my forum account. No, this is not a troll post.

Hi,

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but I really want to delete my forum acount because I don't like my username and I think it's too personal. It's hard to explain, but I feel like to certain people I know in real life, this name is too personally identifiable and I'd rather remain anonymous. If someone could help me with that, it would be incredible. Thanks.

-RL

Comments

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    you can ask for a name change. @EA_Mage
    accounts don't get deleted afaik, just banned. :frowning:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    You can't delete your account, but if you contact one of the gurus and ask to change your username, they will change it for you.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Name change completed :)

Moving this to Forum Ideas & Feedback section as well.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited November 2017
    @pennypolendina and @mintycupcake,
    you can ask for a name change. @EA_Mage
    accounts don't get deleted afaik, just banned. :frowning:
    You can't delete your account, but if you contact one of the gurus and ask to change your username, they will change it for you.

Actually accounts can be deleted/closed out as I have seen it happening in the past. I once sent a link to a SimGuru asking if the user who's link that I sent to them was an actual Admin for EA and this site, so after sending the link to the SimGuru, the account was deleted.

This is the link to the account that was closed out because the person wasn't a real admin for this site.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/AdminLily

And we had this user who had started a thread a while back but then had asked for their account to be deleted, so it was deleted but the thread remained up and the user name on the thread reads as "Deleted User". Some time later, the member who had created that thread came back with an almost similar name as to the one that they had before.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853519/forum-suggestions-and-requests#latest

So yes, members can have their accounts deleted if they choose not to remain on this site any longer... ;)

Edit to say that any site that allows people to create accounts has the ability to delete any account that they see fit for deleting or if the person who created the account request for it to be closed out.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone,

Leaving some answers here in case anyone finds this thread in the future ;)

As EA_Mage mentioned, usernames can be changed (to request this, reach out to one of the members of the forums team -those of us with a username starting by 'EA_').

Asking for your EA forums account to be deleted is possible, but that's not something we can help you with on the forums - you would need to reach out to one of our advisers for that request: https://help.ea.com/contact-us