Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited November 2017
    @superkyle221 Erik has had something of a difficult past (which we will learn more about later!) so it's possible he might have some underlying issues.

Also, I have learned that cocaine (is the forum going to censor the drug name, I wonder? Haha) is a drug where a common and often severe side effect of withdrawal is depression (sometimes to the point of suicidal thoughts/actions, apparently :( Hopefully he never reaches that point though...) Though on the "bright" side, I learned that cocaine is unique in that there really aren't any physical withdrawal symptoms. It's almost entirely psychological... and pretty tough :(

Though I've never met someone addicted to cocaine before, so my portrayal is likely not 100% accurate, of course! All I'm going on is google research (omg if anyone ever looks at my search history they're gonna think I'm an addict :joy:)

Love the idea of a bday intervention. We'll see Saturday? ;)

@haswh Find out in the next chapter :naughty:
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @superkyle221 Erik has had something of a difficult past (which we will learn more about later!) so it's possible he might have some underlying issues.

Also, I have learned that cocaine (is the forum going to censor the drug name, I wonder? Haha) is a drug where a common and often severe side effect of withdrawal is depression (sometimes to the point of suicidal thoughts/actions, apparently :( Hopefully he never reaches that point though...) Though on the "bright" side, I learned that cocaine is unique in that there really aren't any physical withdrawal symptoms. It's almost entirely psychological... and pretty tough :(

Though I've never met someone addicted to cocaine before, so my portrayal is likely not 100% accurate, of course! All I'm going on is google research (omg if anyone ever looks at my search history they're gonna think I'm an addict :joy:)

Love the idea of a bday intervention. We'll see Saturday? ;)

@haswh Find out in the next chapter :naughty:

I feel bad for Erik right now after reading this. Not judging him until it impacts Harper's life too much, then it's time for me to get annoyed. Staying open-mined on this one. :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Speaking of Erik, I think he may have depression... that and going through withdrawals doesn't make anybody happy, which is a bad combination. Still, young and plum.

Also - I will go on the record for thinking that Nyla is 100% right for going to the boss - nobody else has been able to get through to Harper, or has been unwilling to go to Harper because of her temper - but going to the boss wasn't the right thing to do. You send an addict to rehab, you don't give them time to further do what they're doing... it can have unintended consequences (something I'm sure that Harper will figure out once Erik eventually overdoses - I'm calling it now). Harper and Erik and Rylie and Devin may be willing to sit by and watch people ruin their lives, but I'm glad that Nyla is doing something about it (ALSO - I hope that her birthday party is actually an intervention, but that's a bit of a stretch).

Yeah, but Nyla didn't actually "talk" to her about it. Like really say, "I saw you take stuff. I'm going to our boss if you don't quit." She should have done that. But instead, she took the easy and cowardly way out and went to the boss. I just don't agree with that. You should give people some way out. If Harper ignored her, then yeah, tell the boss. But she didn't even give her one chance!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @superkyle221 @pammiechick I think you both make good points! (Though if we're being honest... would Harper have listened to her anyway? :joy: I know it's the principle of the thing though. She should have given her a chance, even though we know Harper wouldn't have taken it!)

*loud, violent coughing*

She's getting a raise, guys! I have no idea what you're taking about.
    snvAF3B.png
    @superkyle221 @pammiechick I think you both make good points! (Though if we're being honest... would Harper have listened to her anyway? :joy: I know it's the principle of the thing though. She should have given her a chance, even though we know Harper wouldn't have taken it!)

*loud, violent coughing*

She's getting a raise, guys! I have no idea what you're taking about.

ROFL :joy:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited November 2017
    @pammiechick i guess I'm cowardly because if i suspect you of stealing and caught you. I'm snitching. She already knew she had a problem with stealing and kept it up.
    I hope her parents find out and straight up disown her aka kick her out of the house and let her swim on her own. Harper needs some tough love. Also, she's getting fired NOT a raise. Nyla and the boss face/body language says it all.
    I am tempted to agree about tough love, @winterbaby20 ! But I wonder if Hope and Zayne are strong enough for that... (and if they'll even find out! Harper is SNEAKY)

Thank you for reading!!!
    snvAF3B.png
    edited November 2017
    @pammiechick i guess I'm cowardly because if i suspect you of stealing and caught you. I'm snitching. She already knew she had a problem with stealing and kept it up.
    I hope her parents find out and straight up disown her aka kick her out of the house and let her swim on her own. Harper needs some tough love. Also, she's getting fired NOT a raise. Nyla and the boss face/body language says it all.

You don't know me. Of course you'd report me.

So, you're saying you'd snitch on a friend rather than talking to your friend about this behavior? To me, this isn't being a friend. (But maybe we have different values on friendship?) Nyla never went to her with this information to talk to her about it. She went directly to the boss. Not cool, imo. Yes, of course, if after she'd talked with her about it and Harper didn't change her behavior, her hands would have been tied. (And we all know Harper wouldn't have changed but Nyla didn't even give her a chance.)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Well, we only have Harper's word that Nyla didn't come to her - and we know, in fact, that Nyla did come to her but didn't necessarily outright say that's what she wanted to talk about and that Harper just wanted to pretend that she wasn't at the mall in the first place. It's quite possible that Nyla tried to ask about it but Harper shut it down - Harper isn't exactly the most reliable narrator, and so it's hard to trust everything that she's saying.

But we don't really know Nyla too well, especially not as a teenager. Maybe she doesn't consider Harper a friend anymore. Maybe she's tired of bowing down to Harper. Maybe her father died cold and alone because somebody stole his coat and slashed his tires during a snow storm, and so she's totally against stealing, even if it's only for relaxation purposes. Maybe she's worried about the fact that if the manager finds out from somebody else she'll get fired for helping Harper get the job in the first place. Maybe she's just not a nice person. Lots of possibilities.

Either way, it's great for the story. I'm super excited for Saturday.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Dark WitcHazard: Grab the popcorn folks our girl Harper’s about to hit rock bottom! And I can’t wait she’s only 18 just think of the treble she’ll get into by the times she’s 21! Harper is already so photogenic think about how good she’ll look ina mugshot! :D

Also if long distance isn’t a factor if we’ve ignored eachother for half the school year snitching is fair game! If you can’t even send me a text every 3 days then you are dead to me! Besides if Harper gets fired less competition for a promotion! >:)
    I have missed you, @WitcHazard ! I'm dying at the mug shot comment :joy: At least Hope's modeling genes would help her look good LOL
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Dark WitcHazard: Grab the popcorn folks our girl Harper’s about to hit rock bottom! And I can’t wait she’s only 18 just think of the treble she’ll get into by the times she’s 21! Harper is already so photogenic think about how good she’ll look ina mugshot! :D

Also if long distance isn’t a factor if we’ve ignored eachother for half the school year snitching is fair game! If you can’t even send me a text every 3 days then you are dead to me! Besides if Harper gets fired less competition for a promotion! >:)

Roflmao! :joy::joy:
    Nice avatar change. Does this mean something bad is going to happen to Erik??? :scream:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Meh. I'm so done with those two plumheads. I just want to shove them down the drain and flush. :|
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited November 2017
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    WitcHazard wrote: »

Roflmao! :joy::joy:

LOL!!! Got it, Dark! Makes total sense. You always shed light on things.
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Meh. I'm so done with those two plumheads. I just want to shove them down the drain and flush. :|

This might happen! Well, to the drugs in a bust, anyway... :joy:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick My favorite part of changing my avatar is the paranoia it causes :naughty:

@Maladi777 Haha I can't blame you. Though pammie might be right -- it could be a more likely fate for the drugs themselves :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Things are not going to go well for Harper. Either she is going to get fired or something bad will happen with Erik and her friends. I hope she doesn't end up going back on the "how could you turn on me! I thought you were my friends" thing again if her friends end up being kind of weird about Erik. They did nothing wrong and she needs to realize that people are trying to look out for her. Harper kind of needs a wake up call.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Harper kind of most definitely needs a wake up call. Oh god, please, someone do something before this freaking girl's life spirals out of control!!!!!!!!

I fixed it for you! :innocent::tongue:

Saturday we will see Harper's birthday party and how that goes... Stay tuned! ;) Thank you for reading! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited November 2017
    Maladi777 wrote: »

This might happen! Well, to the drugs in a bust, anyway... :joy:
    Why do I keep wondering why Erik and Harper are acting so stupid? @CitizenErased14 writes them this way on purpose, it's pointless to seek logic in their actions. @CitizenErased14 wants us to cry in frustration, I get it now, although I can't take it much longer. I can barely type for my eyes are stuck in eyeroll position and my face is imprinted in my palms... To whom should I send my health insurance bill?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    @Maladi777 You can forward the bill to Harper! She'll pay for it with that raise she is totally getting! ;):tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    @Maladi777 You can forward the bill to Harper! She'll pay for it with that raise she is totally getting! ;):tongue:

In other words I should gang up with Simon to get my money...
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member

:D:D:D
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    Plot twist: She really does get a raise!
    ...No?
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
    @Maladi777 Simon might not be too keen on sharing his cash... :tongue: Tony might have to fight him for it ;)
    snvAF3B.png
    Wralai wrote: »
    Plot twist: She really does get a raise!
    ...No?

@Wralai It's possible! We won't know til the next chapter ;)
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top