Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    The member system has been introduced to help curb the trolling epidemic we faced. Everyone joining this Forum for the first time start out with 0 Points, it does not matter how long you have been on the Sims forums, you can increase your points to become a Member. Points are seen on the profile, in a grey box on the left side.

You need 50 Points, 30 Posts and have an account older than 24 hours to become a Member.

You can earn points by:
    1. Earning badges - here are all the badges you can currently earn
    2. When someone LIKES or Awesomes your post you get
    - 1 Point for Like

Being a new member has certain disadvantages.
    1. New members can't post images.
    2. New members can't quote normally, they get arrows instead of the box.
    3. New members cannot post links.
    4. New members can not add signatures.
    5. New members can not compose messages, they can however reply to them.
    6. New members can not have a profile picture.

----------------

I also apparently can't edit my own posts T.T I don't want to not be able to enter because the forum has decided I'm not a member anymore. I know I stopped playing around the Sims 4 launch, but geeze.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited October 2017
    Woops
    @zayven Comment on people's build threads, you'll hit 30 posts in no time :)
    Thank you! I'll go poke around today and try to come up with decent things to say ^^
    edited October 2017
    Congratulations! You've been promoted to Member.

240_F_112555399_LFwmVs9zH7DHsztVIOekHinv9JZsnKEy.jpg

Since now I can edit and I don't want to spam:
    I've tried uploading my lot to the Exchange, and the launcher says it's uploaded, but it's not there. I've signed in and out of the site and in and out of the launcher, but it's still not showing in my studio either. Not sure what the problem might be?
    Post edited by Zayven on
    @Zayven congrats on making member :) Sorry you're having exchange issues. On the bright side, your build is judged by your pictures rather than your upload.
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #195 - The Wishes of the Dead

NAME: djsdragongirl

LINK TO LOT: Not uploaded yet

Entrance to Cemetary
    [img][/img]37683457682_9dc9f7eab6_z.jpgEntrance to Cermetary at night

Bonekeeper Family Graves

[img][/img]
    37964172806_7853e6404c_z.jpgBonekeeper

LINK TO MEDIA:
    Bonekeeper

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Bonekeeper and her dogs are included in with the photo's

LEVEL: beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Custom Lot built in Appalossa, cost is $39.568

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The cemetary is divided into 3 parts, when you enter on the right is an area for all the pets (Pet Cemetary), to the left is some empty plots for new dead souls, as you continue towards the cottage you will see the Mosoluem on the right with "Grim Keepers Door", to the left you will see the Bonekeeper Family Graves. Near the back you will find the original 12 graves that have been placed already.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please do. I know some of the photo's were taken in edit mode and show the grid (sorry)

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None

Entrance to Cemetary

Bonekeeper Family Graves

[img][/img]

LINK TO MEDIA:
    Bonekeeper

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The cemetary is divided into 3 parts, when you enter on the right is an area for all the pets (Pet Cemetary), to the left is some empty plots for new dead souls, as you continue towards the cottage you will see the Mosoluem on the right with "Grim Keepers Door", to the left you will see the Bonekeeper Family Graves. Near the back you will find the original 12 graves that have been placed already.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please do. I know some of the photo's were taken in edit mode and show the grid (sorry)

Entrance to Cemetary

Bonekeeper Family Graves

[img][/img]

LINK TO MEDIA:
    Bonekeeper

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2017
    It looks nice and peaceful. I really like the curvy, winding path.
    Post edited by ciane on
    @djsdragongirl I really like your use of fog emitters. Adds a lot to the ambiance.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Zayven wrote: »

240_F_112555399_LFwmVs9zH7DHsztVIOekHinv9JZsnKEy.jpg

I've tried uploading my lot to the Exchange, and the launcher says it's uploaded, but it's not there. I've signed in and out of the site and in and out of the launcher, but it's still not showing in my studio either. Not sure what the problem might be?

Trying changing the name of your lot and re-sharing it. Sometimes things just take a cy.ber hit.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @djsdragongirl Hi! Nice job. I like the layout of your graveyard.

I'm not sure why but your post is showing up three times :#
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Zayven wrote: »

As @creativemetaphor said the builds are judged only on the pictures you submit. So if you have some pics ready to go, just fill out the entry form, start a thread to post your pictures and then you can upload the build at your convenience. Sometimes people (like me) only do the build and never upload it.

I can't wait to see what you came up with. :)
  • noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member

Just wondering... Were there not enough submissions for the Hawthorne Project to be judged or did I miss the results somewhere?
  • noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member

I am sorry to say I missed the cemetery build. I started it but haven't had enough time to finish it, maybe I'll get to do the next challenge. Everyone's builds look great, so creative!
    noisybrain wrote: »
    Just wondering... Were there not enough submissions for the Hawthorne Project to be judged or did I miss the results somewhere?

They always do judging, even if for just one entry! Takes some time sometimes, though.
    @zayven don't forget to post your entry here, post format can be found at the bottom of the first post, page 1.
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @djsdragongirl Hi! Nice job. I like the layout of your graveyard.

I'm not sure why but your post is showing up three times :#

Thank you @Kgaff I'm not sure either.
    @djsdragongirl I really like your use of fog emitters. Adds a lot to the ambiance.

Thank you @creativemetaphor, I figured why not it's a cemetary and they are suppose to have that erie feeling to them.
    edited November 2017

NAME: Zayven

LINK TO LOT:

LINK TO MEDIA: https://postimg.org/gallery/26kb11fba/

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Included

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, Custom placed, $44,877 furnished, $23,814 unfurnished.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is actually the second build attempt on this one. The first time I went really into a gothic theme because it's Halloween, until my brain just kept processing the prompt and focusing in on different details. After letting a few things be random in character creation, namely Erisa's favorite color being aqua, this joined together with the background stewing to have her be more an angel of mercy, far brighter and seeking a peaceful happiness, like I eventually got out of the prompt, and completely changed the style I went with. After playing the game with her for a while and the three dogs, I went with the desire for -space- for the dogs as well as I could figure out how within the rest of the confines. So Erisa kept the ecclesiastical aesthetic, and I tried to go more with a historical sort of 'angelic' physical appearance, save for the eyes. The dogs still went for the more intimidating sort of hellhound appearance, though the boys ended up being playful in play. I still couldn't ignore that it's a graveyard prompt at Halloween, so there's still some decorating for the season! The graveyard has plenty of room for expansion, the 12 plots neatly ordered. The water has been reclaimed into a working fountain, and some of the original dilapidated structure has been converted into a courtyard for the mausoleum, where flowers are left for the departed and candles can be lit.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg

Link to Album: https://postimg.org/gallery/26kb11fba/

Top Down View / Layout
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Screenshot-47.jpg
    Screenshot-46.jpg
    Screenshot-48.jpg

Grounds and Yard:
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Screenshot-14.jpg
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-26.jpg

Main Floor:
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    Screenshot-34.jpg
    Screenshot-35.jpg

Lower Level:
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    Screenshot-42.jpg
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    Screenshot-45.jpg

Night:
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-9.jpg
    Screenshot-10.jpg

Optional Challenge:
    Screenshot-49.jpg
    Screenshot-50.jpg
    Screenshot-52.jpg
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    Screenshot-54.jpg

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: ShinoKCR, Mutske, Rirann, Ziggy28TSR, Marcorse, Sim_Man123, RicciNmbr, Ung999, Luna, SimCredible, Pilar, DOT, Murfeel, Pralinesims
    Post edited by Zayven on
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member

NAME: ISHTARJMD
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/qokkx
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: $44055, 509 Farmer Valley Road, 40x40
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A lovely little graveyard with a mausoleum, oriental shrine, pet area, and small grave sections for current inhabitants. The caretakers lodge features a fenced off area for her dogs. The first floor has a solarium, open concept kitchen and living room with a powder room. Upstairs is her bedroom, office and master bath.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: TSR
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2017
    Morning all!

#BnS195 - The Wishes of the Dead is now officially closed! Good luck everyone!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    N.B. We are still working on the feedback for #195, we promise we haven't forgotten, just RL getting in the way as usual.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Challenge #196 - The Third Sister - Carrie

“Carrie! What a lovely surprise!”  You say, standing up to greet the woman walking into your office.

“Sorry I dropped in without an appointment,”

She says, giving your hand a firm shake. Her green eyes scan the room briefly before returning to meet yours.

“Not at all. Have a seat.”

She sits, crossing her jeans clad legs. “Nice office.”

“Thank you. How did your concert go?”

“Concert?” She looks blank for a moment.

“The one you were getting set up for when Journye and I talked.”

“Oh! Went great. Had a few injuries, but that happens sometimes.”

“I hope it wasn’t serious.”

“Nah.” She shrugs it off. “Journye loves the place you did for her and Rosie. She sent pics and Rosie cant wait to get moved in. Its a pretty nice place. I was wondering if you could do something for me too.”

“Of course. What are you thinking about?”

“Well, theres an empty lot next to Journye’s. I’d kind of like to build there. I’m single, so I want to make sure there’s room to expand later if I hook up with anyone.” Carrie says with a grin, brushing a lock of dark brown hair out of her eyes. “So, I guess for starters…Master bedroom with en suite. I think that’s what they’re called. The attached bathrooms?”

You nod, “En suites.”

“Open concept living area, you know, where everything is all one room? Decent kitchen. Comfy furniture for hanging out in. Maybe another bathroom or something so I don’t have people going into my room to use the toilet.”

“Sure. Any color scheme?”

“I like earth tones. Um, nothing too modern but not frilly either.” She thinks for a moment, “Could I get a pool too? And a fenced in yard? Tall fence. I don’t want people peeking in when I’m swimming.”

“Sure. Did you have a budget?”

“Journye said you did a miracle with 45k, so lets go with that.”

Requirements:
    Budget 45k
    Earthtone color schemes
    Pool
    Fenced in yard
    Security system
    Master suite
    Half bath in the main area
    Open concept
    Optional: Show the 4 Sisters having a pool party in Carrie's new back yard

Deadline: Thursday, November 30th, 2017, Midnight EST

You can read more about the other Sister's Of The Apocalypse here and here.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top