Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
5dtFxKm.jpg

GTysJDA.jpg
Welcome to Dynamic Developers. We are a building community that enjoys creating rooms, lots, and sims based off of a theme. Everyone is welcome to enter and participate. We will be doing a mixture of room builds as well as lot builds and you will have the option of creating a sim to go along with the build. Our themes run Sunday to Sunday and a new theme will be posted every Monday. If you have any questions please feel free to tag me in your post.

If you would like to join the monthly building challenge click here.

utc2a9j.jpg
Custom content is not allowed in these challenges.

bb.moveobjects , bb.showhiddenobjects , bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement are all allowed.

1 entry per person per challenge.

Please use #DD #DynamicDevelopers in your build's description if you upload your build to the gallery.

These challenges are for fun, so please be respectful and have fun building.

h1b301j.jpg
Please copy and paste this into your post.

-Information-
Challenge Number:
Origin ID:
Gallery Name Of Build:
Gallery Link:
Additional Notes:

-Images-
Street View:
Top View: (show the layout)
Additional Images:

Slcafoq.jpg
The 80's Ended On 11/5/17.
The Dining Room Ended On 11/12/17.
The Fairy House Ended On 11/19/2017.
The Coastal Bathroom Ended On 11/26/2017.
The Man Cave Ended On 12/3/2017.
The Pet House Ended On 4/8/2018.
The Pool Party Ended On 4/15/2018.
The Glam Apartment Ended On 7/28/2019.
The Log Cabin Ended On 8/4/2019.
The Fruit Room Ended On 8/11/2019.
The Yoga Studio Ended On 8/18/2019.
The Florist Shop Ended On 8/25/2019.
The Off The Grid Room Ended On 9/1/2019.
The Pizzeria Ended On 9/8/2019.
The Magic Room Ended On 9/22/2019.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited October 2019
    Q3jW5h1.png

Cyrus Braun loves to travel all over the world. So far, he has been to over 30 different countries! He has come to you asking you to create beautiful home for him with the exterior design and interior decoration inspired by a country of your choice! He has more than enough money to cover the cost of any size home you create, however he requests that you only make it up to a two bedroom home, since it is only him currently, he doesn't need much space to be taken up by bedrooms and bathrooms.

You start to think of some ideas before jumping in and designing!

Your Objective:

- Build a home inspired by a country of your choice.

Requirements:

- This build must be uploaded as a lot.
    - Must only include up to two bedrooms.
    - The exterior and interior must be inspired by the same country, not two different countries.

Additional Notes:
    - Please remember, no custom content is allowed in these builds.
    - Everyone will be nominated for the builds and sims they create for Maxis favs!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sim Entry Objective:

- Create Cyrus Braun.

Inspiration to create:

- He loves to travel!
    - He is the only one in his household, with the exception of a pet if you would like to give him one.
    - He is wealthy.

Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, October 6th at 6:00PM USA (CT)

The New Challenge Will Be Posted:

Monday, October 7th at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Remember to add #DD17 OR #DynamicDevelopers17 to your description on the gallery.

Entry form:

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    Top View: (show the layout)
    Additional Images:

Sim Entry Form

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Household:
    Gallery Link:
    Traits/Aspiration:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    1-3 Images of household

I can't wait to see all of the builds!
    Post edited by JosieAnglin on
    edited October 2017
    I am tagging people in here to see if anyone is interested in participating. If not, please ignore this post :)

@lsnishi @pepper090889 @Sourocha @Ainsleyfr @karababy52 @pennypolendina @KojiK @ZKirian @Sjemmie03 @luckyheather @ssssimyalater @cmbaker16 @Crazeeforhorses @kimartist @carolynrosser @MyFavoritedesign @StangMix2 @coolsim9999999 @withlovejulien @Paigeotto @jazzunicorns @Valuzza90 @CuteCoffeeGal @kilra0 @leashahampton @equuest @fabtiffsim @ssssimyalater @SyddyB206 @mannanna @leashahampton

@rosemow I am tagging you to see if you would pretty please add me onto your build forum, build challenges links thread. :):)

If you know anyone that would be interested, feel free to tag them :)
    Post edited by JosieAnglin on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello :) Your new challenge thread is great! I have added a link to it on the Build Challenges links thread. I will look forward to seeing the entries! :)
  • ssssimyalaterssssimyalater Posts: 36 Member
    I’m in!! Will get started on this tonight :smiley:
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Sounds fun! If I can find the time, I may try a build in the first challenge. Thanks for starting this @JosieAnglin!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thank you for the tag @JosieAnglin, this looks like an interesting new build competition. Unfortunately, my laptop can not handle large builds. I'll bookmark your thread though to keep an eye out for rounds with smaller builds. Can't wait to see what everyone else builds and designs. Good luck y'all and have fun! :)
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    @JosieAnglin Sounds like a fun new challenge. I'll try and see if I can make something for this :)
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    This sounds like fun, Ill try participate, tysm! for tagging me

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    I'm entering!!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Wow my house looks disgustingly 80's
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Wow my house looks disgustingly 80's

LOL. I can't wait to see it!
  • ssssimyalaterssssimyalater Posts: 36 Member
    Quick *stupid* question, is CC allowed? Thought I’d confirm before I threw some CC in there.
    Quick *plum* question, is CC allowed? Thought I’d confirm before I threw some CC in there.

No CC. If you want to make a sim/sims to go with the build they can have CC but the actual build cannot.
  • pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    @JosieAnglin Thanks for tagging me :D This seems like a fun challenge. I'll start working on a build soon!
    ofNj4ul
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I'm interested will need to look up some reference photos but this should be fun only problem is not sure what level i am building wise guess i'll figure that out when the house is done lol
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    I'm interested will need to look up some reference photos but this should be fun only problem is not sure what level i am building wise guess i'll figure that out when the house is done lol

I feel like most people are in the experienced or advanced categories.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Thanks for tagging me and starting this :smile: I may not have time for this week but I'll keep my eyes on this thread. Fun!
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    Thanks @JosieAnglin for the tag! This challenge is fun!
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    This sounds awesome. I'll see if I have time to give it a try and hopefully by then I'll have full membership status here in forums so I can post pics.
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    thanks for tagging me. i've bookmarked the thread. :)
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited October 2017
    So, for God knows what reason I find myself trying this ( @StangMix2 I blame you).... and I must say the 80s was not a good decade for interior design :expressionless:

I would like some help clarifying something. The seating arrangements in the requirements. I'm not quite sure what you are looking for there? Can it be any type of seating? As in I can choose if I focus on sofas or a dining table/chairs? Or can I blend? Like for example have more sofas and seating inside, but maybe set up picnic tables outside? Although we don't have to place 100 I'm still a little unsure of exactly how much seating you expect. Like what would be too little to meet requirements, and what would be overkill? lol

Activities is also a little unclear. I get that it's an activity fit for a party, but is there a number of activities expected? Or is it like 1 minimum?

Just trying to work out layout etc, and then these questions arise.

No idea if I will finish before the deadline, 1 week is extremely ambitious for me, but I'm at least trying :p
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    edited October 2017
    It's not my fault you can't resist @Laebeth :D

But great questions, I've been wondering about the seating myself.

@JosieAnglin I would also like to know if the whole house needs to be 80's decorated or if I included a sort og ball room/party room only that needs to be 80's?
    Great questions everyone!

Seating decoration can be really anything, but don't put a dining table with only 2 seats, since that's not going to really be enough seating for a party. Same for sofas. A 2 seat couch isn't going to be enough seats for a party. Does that clarify? Also a blend is preferred but if you want most of the seating inside rather than outside that's completely fine as well or vise versa.

As for activities for a party, maybe you could incorporate a dart board or a fooseball, something to entertain the guests with.

The entire house needs to be 80's themed.
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited October 2017
    @JosieAnglin Well I guess it's clearer that those particular requirements are somewhat up to interpretation then? I am just trying to determine whether or not there are any minimum requirements. I would be devastated if I put in 2 sofas and then got marked down for not having enough seating, you know? :wink: But from what you are telling me here, it seems like you will be fairly lenient on those particular requirements.

And yep, I was thinking along those lines of a fooseball table, but again, was just wondering if there was a minimum requirement :wink:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top