March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disable game features such as the welcome wagon and vampire break-ins

Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Is there a way to disable game features such as the welcome wagon and vampires break-ins?

These are fun interactions at the right time but very annoying when you use a Sim for building and play test purposes. Especially when your build/buy mode freezes during the vampire break-in.
Post edited by Simrissie_Rykel on

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Had to laugh at the title of this! :D

I know that TS4 does not have burglars but the thought of Vampires replacing them is hilarious! :bawling:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    The welcome wagon can be cancelled early by clicking the X button on the event UI in the top left corner. This will give your sims a negative relationship point with the neighbors though.

There is no way to cancel a vampire visit/breakin as far as I know. You could hang garlic around, but I don’t know if that will stop them from visiting entirely. I usually use MCCC on the Vampires that stand outside the front door for hours and make them leave. Otherwise they will stand there for hours and disable super speed 3, which is very annoying.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Having vampires break in is one reason I haven't bought that particular expansion, which is a pity because I would really have liked some of the objects included with that particular pack. The welcome wagon isn't too bad for me although it can be annoying. I discovered that you can cancel it anytime by clicking on it to end early, but what annoys me most is that darned fruit cake which makes my sims uncomfortable. I say, get rid of the fruit cake!

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    In San Myshuno I locked the door for everyone but the household and the vampire just stood in the hall outside gesticulating for several hours so locking all doors to the outside might be enough.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    From what I can tell you can prevent vampire break ins by growing garlic, and or I think by having garlic in your inventory.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    There are mods for both and I use them both. They work beautifully.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 vampires stole the wheels off my welcome wagon...

The welcome wagon goes away if you don't answer the door. Don't interact with them, and they'll know they're not welcome.

I've never had a vampire break into a home where there were sims up and doing things. They'll turn up on the lot but they won't stick around for long.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

What mod prevents vampire break ins?
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    just as chazzzy say, there is mods for that.. I use one that stops the vamps from bothering my sims.. I also seen some mods that disable or 1 I seen that changes the welcome wagon to a party with friends... If you need links, I or some other will post them..
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Tips left on other forum topics include: do not talk about vampires, do not study them - online or books, do not go to their neighborhood, do not interact with any you may encounter on the street, and otherwise act as though they don't exist. Have followed this procedure once I learned it and have had no problems with the buggers in the relevant game saves. The 2 or 3 before are essentially unplayable.
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    Thank you all for your feedback. Unfortunately I don't use mods in my game. I guess I'm looking for a game "options" feature like enabling or disabling free will for sims.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Right now all you can do if you don't use mods is ignore the welcome wagon, and grow or have garlic in your inventory to prevent vampire break ins.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thank you for the reminder that I can mod away the welcome-wagon. That makes my life so much easier :)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Strange thing is do the garlic items go bad after a while I have them and the vampires still come in and ignore the items after a while.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i don't know if it works for everyone but all i did was lock the door and now they don't come in. i mean vampires.
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    Can someone point me in the direction of the mod that prevents vampire break-ins? I already have the one that disables the welcome wagon, but I had no idea a mod existed for vampire break-ins. It's a shame that I keep having to delete Vlad, Lilith, and Caleb. They're cool Sims, but they keep breaking in! :(
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

What mod prevents vampire break ins?
    Can someone point me in the direction of the mod that prevents vampire break-ins? I already have the one that disables the welcome wagon, but I had no idea a mod existed for vampire break-ins. It's a shame that I keep having to delete Vlad, Lilith, and Caleb. They're cool Sims, but they keep breaking in! :(

Here is the mod I use to prevent vampire break-ins. It actually will stop Vampires from roaming the neighborhoods and you won’t get them visiting your house.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589172
  • cute_weirdocute_weirdo Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't have the vampire expansion but for the welcome wagon I always go into build mode as soon as I move in and give the lot the "private dwelling" trait. It seems to work well for keeping the welcome wagon and visitors at bay. Another thing that I've found works well is to build your home in Newcrest where nobody lives near your house. (If there's no neighbors, then there's no welcome wagon). You can always just click the x at the beginning or wait for them to leave, but both leave a slightly negative relationship with your neighbors which isn't exactly ideal most of the time.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    The welcome wagon is starting to get annoying for me. Why are these people trying to poison my sims, how neighborly. I forgot to throw the fruit cake away and my sim went and ate some more even though there was good food leftovers inside the fridge. Dont get me wrong, it is a fun feature and kinda quriky like all sims games are, but i got over it after a while.