Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Congrats @FoundMarbles !
    And thank you for the critique @BuildnShare . I know...I wasn't very happy how the front turned out, mostly I didn't like the grass meeting the pavement but I ran out of money :# You are so right, I should have sacrificed something to change that. I'm learning :)
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Congratulations, @FoundMarbles, @AIRIS6962 , @emere , @abelhinha35 for your recent wins! Yay!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@BuildnShare :smiley: Thank you! & @withlovejulien Thank you also!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@mannanna Thank you too for the kind congrats! :smile:
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Congrats @FoundMarbles :smiley:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @FoundMarbles!! Awesome build sweetie :smiley:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats @foundmarbles!!!!!
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Congratz @foundmarbles :#
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS79 - THE THIRD SISTER - CARRIE

@abelhinha35

An A-frame cabin was a great choice for Carrie. Bracing Breezes is nicely designed—I like the outside wall treatment, windows and doors. The landscaping is somewhat minimal but you used terrain paint to advantage, and the lanterns, fire pit and cushions around the large pool will add to the fun of her pool parties. The layout inside works well. You definitely have left a lot of room for expansion, but it has all the necessaries for comfort and convenience now. I especially like how you’ve done the kitchen/dining area. You are a master of MOO using clutter items to create a realistic look. I like all the natural materials for floors and walls too. Really great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: I always hate to see a staircase without a handrail! It makes me nervous, although it does sort of fit the rustic charm of the house. Also, I would have liked to see an overhead view of the top (unoccupied) story to see whether you took out the floor so that the window would let light into the master bedroom below. That would have been cool!

@Ainsleyf

The architecture of Suburban Privacy works well in the desert landscape of Oasis Springs—nice mix of wall colors and textures. The look inside and out feels contemporary without being too modern. I love the palm tree growing through the deck—an inspired touch! The interior design has a warm, lived-in look with lots of clutter items, but you’ve left lots of room for expansion, too. The kitchen is nicely laid out. Actually, the whole house is well laid out—I love the loft bedroom and the upstairs deck which leads to the roof garden. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: As you mentioned, the one entrance is a problem (not to mention a code violation!) You might have replaced the window in the dining area facing the rear of the house with a windowed door of some sort. Also, although I know it can be a pain, more labels would have been appreciated!

@emere

The first thing I noticed about Cocoa was the checkerboard front yard—it really adds a lot of interest to the lot—and you’ve used terrain paint really well throughout the grounds. The house has an attractive contemporary look to the architecture, and you’ve chosen appropriate wall textures, colors, windows and doors. The backyard pool area is full of activities besides the pool; it was great that you added the punching bag, dance floor, etc. (I love the fountain you made out of the large blue and brown urn!) Indoors, the colors are warm and comfortable—nice open layout on the ground floor and a great loft space upstairs. The bamboo plant inside is one of my favorite touches! Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: I have really have nothing to suggest. You put a lot in on a tight budget!

@FaithofKaela

The balanced asymmetrical look of Carrie’s Craftsman works really well! The attractive roofing creates comfortable porch areas on both the front and rear parts of the house. I like the multilevel pool area with all of its activities and features, and I especially like that you’ve chosen diagonal corners for the fencing—a much more interesting treatment. Inside, you’ve created a number of great design features like the custom rugs and the room divider between the kitchen and living areas. I also like the pop of red you’ve used to brighten up the earth tones. Everywhere there are wonderful vignettes of furniture and clutter items; the dressing area in Carrie’s bedroom is my favorite! Good job! :smiley:

Suggestions: Be careful of using too much of a busy wall texture. It works really well on the one wall in the bedroom but it might be a little overwhelming in the double story living area. Also, it occurred to me that since security is a concern, having all those windows at the front of the house by the door (without blinds) might not be a good idea. Moving the windows to the back, around the fireplace, would maintain privacy and give Carrie a view of the lovely pool area you created.

@Oliana

You have created a great contemporary look with The Hawthorne House. There are nice vertical/horizontal contrasts in the choice of windows and wall coverings. It was a good idea to use blinds for all the front windows to maintain privacy! The back terrace and pool is simple but beautifully landscaped. I love the pergola. Inside you’ve used a delightful eclectic mix of elements, nicely arranged to created a comfortable atmosphere. The interior wall coverings (especially the blue-gray wood) are a nice foil for the pops of orange and red, and there is a nice use of clutter items throughout. Well done! :smiley:

Suggestions: Not much to suggest except that you remember to label all your images!

@oXseashellXo

You put a lot of thought into Secure Patio and it shows! Carrie will like the eco-friendly wall coverings; the stone and wood look great together! And the front landscaping looks natural and very attractive as does the fenced-in pool area. It was a nice touch adding a basketball hoop and bubble blower. Inside, you’ve gone for a fun, eclectic look. The interior colors work well together; the tricolor hanging lamps over the kitchen bar become the focal point for the room, but my favorite spot is the wall with the fireplace—a great mix of furniture and clutter objects! Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: I find the two roof colors a bit puzzling. It might have worked better if you had changed the texture of the lighter roofs as well as the color. And although the security room is a wonderful idea, the patio, for practical purposes, needs to be accessible directly from the house as well. Maybe a door from the bedroom instead of one of the windows could have been put in. If you have the Get To Work pack, you might have used a security camera on the front porch too.

Carrie would have been very happy with any one of these six houses. You all did an incredible job, and the decision was a close one!

The Winner of this challenge is ....

@Oliana
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @Oliana and Thanks @buildnshare for another awesome challenge and great critiques. WOOT!!!
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Congrats @Oliana :smile: and thanks for the suggestions @BuildnShare
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Huge congrats @Oliana!!! And thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare, I think I sometimes get hung up on the build rather than the brief, I'll work on that :tongue:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    Thanks everyone! Was a fun challenge I really enjoyed it, and all the entries were lovely :)
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Congratz @Oliana B) Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare o:)
  • NHubandNHuband Posts: 12 New Member
    was there a winner for #bsn79 for starting out category?
    edited October 2017
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS79 - THE THIRD SISTER - CARRIE

@NHuband
    What a cute home you built for Carrie to live in, the exterior wall treatments are great and she certainly has plenty of light with those well placed, large windows.  You made some awesome object choices and your interior palette and wall treatments all look great.  Your object placement is also good. Great idea using the rug in the seating area, it really helps define that space. And your bathrooms are well laid out and are certainly cohesive.

Suggestions: Really think about your roofing, you don’t normally see roofs with valleys in central locations, try to make them look more like one roof, rather than three separate pieces. You are certainly not alone, roofing is one of the most difficult parts of building in The Sims 4.  I hope you don’t mind, but I went in game to have a play with your roof line. It was really quite tricky with the shape of the home, and this is what I came up with DQbTxxZ.jpg You can see that the roof looks more like one entity, rather than separate pieces, take a look at this link and you can see how I did it.  For a showcase we would normally expect all pictures to be taken with walls up, you can do this by using the ‘tab’ key on your keyboard while in live mode, it gives a much better idea view of the home you are showing off.

Congrats on your first @BuildnShare win!! Please, don't feel discouraged that you were the only entry, I'm sure Carrie would have loved it!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners of #79 @FoundMarbles @Oliana @NHuband awesome work all round :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Congrats @nhuband!!!
    Congrats to the wins @Oliana @NHuband Awesome!
  • NHubandNHuband Posts: 12 New Member
    Thanks all and thanks for the feedback! Building is definitely one of my favorite parts of playing! Roofs are always difficult but YouTube is great for how to videos!
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS80 - Wishes Of The Dead

@bmj97

Bonekeeper's Cottage has an absolutely beautiful facade with full view of the graveyard. Great choice of exterior wall textures and the climbing plants and window boxes all add to the beauty of this build. The Mausoleum also looks very attractive with the columns and spandrels and the interior appears very peaceful. Wonderful layout of tombstones and it's good to see flowers have been left. The seated nook is a fabulous idea, a place for visitors to reflect. Good to see you have used terrain paint to create pathways and provided a good variety of trees. The Groundskeeper's cottage is cosy and homely inside with a touch of class and elegance, perfect for Erisa. I love the backyard to the cottage, nice and private and ideal for growing plants.

Suggestions: Regarding the slideshow we like to see overhead shots of the site with the roof up in order to see the roof structure and also the whole of the site so we get a better view of the layout. Pictures of each elevation is also a bonus. Regarding the landscaping it's good you created a path to the cottage but I would have combined this path with a further one leading to the graveyard gate as that would be where the visitors will go.

@mannanna

Cottage of the Dead has a very welcoming appearance with your choice of bright and colourful plants. It looks wonderful set in the woods which will provide lots of space for the dogs to run around. Fantastic roof structure, particularly the Mausoleum, looks wonderfully unique and decorative and I love how you've created the entrance to the graveyard, very creative. The graves are random, as if they've been there forever and the central point with the 'angel' sculpture and surrounding seating looks very peaceful for reflection. I can almost hear the gravel crunching as I imagine the walk to the Mausoleum! Very peaceful inside this beautiful building, the rose on the coffin is a great touch. Wow, Erisa's cottage is absolutely wonderful, very antiquated and dark with such a mysterious atmosphere. Saying that, it is also very cosy and homely. Love how you've placed the cabinets in the bedroom to provide cupboard space as well as shelving.

Suggestions: The only suggestion I would make to this fabulous build is in the bathroom of the cottage. I feel the flooring clashes somewhat with the wallpaper. I would have used a white wooden floor and provided rug(s) placed at angles. I think this would keep it more in line with the overall style of the cottage.

@Laebeth

You have really nailed the Spanish colonial style with Los Muertos Cemetery by way of the structural design, stucco walls and terracotta roofing, all contrasting with the dark fenestration. Your wonderful choice of plants also reflects the Mediterranean theme. I can almost sense the soothing warmth of the sun washing peace over this creation! The graveyard is nicely fenced in with graves placed in an orderly fashion, it's good to see some are well kept yet others are neglected. The fountain is a good diversion and I imagine tossing a coin in and wishing for peace. Great use of terrain paint to create pathways to the different areas and I really like how these are defined by using outdoor lights. Fantastic structure to the Mausoleum, the covered and arched walkways add character and it looks very restful inside. The Groundskeeper's cottage is cosy and compact and it's good to see you've brought the Spanish style indoors using dark woods with earthy colours and pops of orange.

Suggestions: The Mausoleum seemed a little sparse inside, there is a lot of unused space. I would have added more seating, perhaps flower arrangements, sculptures and a wall hanging or two.

@glen1974

Hawthorne Gates is a very beautiful and tranquil cemetery with a lovely Groundskeeper's cottage design which looks so perfect set among the countryside. The climbing plants and window boxes enhance the beauty of the cottage and your choice of front wall is a wonderful contrast to the soft exterior textures of the cottage. Great choice of iron gates and I love how you've enlarged the one leading to the Mausoleum. Good use of terrain paint to create pathways and the avenue of trees, together with outdoor lights, looks amazing. The graves are very individual and beautifully decorated with candles, flowers and teddy bears for the young. The 'angel' grave looks very special. The pond is a lovely feature, a quiet place to sit and reflect and I love the area with the sink and watering cans, what wonderful detail! The Mausoleum is a very grand structure with columns and friezes framing the building and the interior has a great sense of peace, it looks very effective how you've placed the casket on the table.

Suggestions: The kitchen flooring doesn't quite blend in with the living space. I would have created a diagonal finish at the left side by using quarter floor tiles (control 'F' keys). Also, the rug in this area seems to clash somewhat with the flooring, I would have used one with bold colours of blue/orange to match the kitchen tiles and cupboards.

The Winner of this challenge is ....

@mannanna

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Congratulations @mannanna on your very well deserved win :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Congrats @mannanna <3 Your cemetery is simply gorgeous!

@BuildnShare Thank you very much for the feedback! I do agree, and did in fact reflect on it before handing it in.. hehe. I have to learn how to manage my budgets better :p I'll be entering future challenges for sure, as it was great fun! I am on a Spanish Colonial wave now, building more as we speak!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

Congratulations to @mannanna on winning!
    Thank you all for the congrats! <3 I thought each and every one was very unique this time.
    Now I have to take a look at the bathroom flooring, I don't remember what I used :D

Thank you too @BuildnShare for your great feedback! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top