Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody play themselves in The Sims?

Comments

• NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    I played myself in the sims 2 when I was around 7 years old so I had to make my family too so I could actually go into the world, I also made an adult me in the sims FreePlay, but for the sims 3, 4, bustin’ out, etc I make custom characters and give them stories
  • AuburnRedGurlAuburnRedGurl Posts: 22 Member
    I made my Simself in CAS once and set her as an unplayed household, but I've never played as myself. Now that I think about it, though, I should update her look to match mine now. Maybe I'll even consider playing her this time!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yup I'm my own main character.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Nope! I'm a storyteller and a fiction writer, and I love making all different types of sims with vastly different stories. To play myself would, for me, just feel weird. The fun for me is to make interesting characters and see what they do and tell their story.

I attempted to make my simself for purposes of an avatar here and gave up halfway through so it doesn't look anything like me. (To be honest, for better or for worse I look more like Eliza Pancakes, so if I try again, I'll just remodel her.) I'd never play that sim, though. It's good just living in obscurity on my private gallery.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I've made my Sim Self in TS3 and TS4, she's my avatar. I have a Save with my Family and some of my closer friends, and soon our dogs/cats will be joining. My family is allergic to cats, but our friends have some. Is it the literal version of us? No. We're probably a bit better looking in our somewhat cartoonish forms, and we definitely have more money and better houses. I play that Save when I just want to drop into the game for a bit--not a lot of goals, etc. We will be opening a Bakey/Gallery soon, tho. My job doesn't exist in the game, so I'm semi retired. I mainly garden, cook, write, and help take care of the kiddly winks. I guess I find it relaxing to play the somewhat ideal version of my life for some reason. :p
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    I have never played The Sims as myself before. For me its just this weird thing but I applaud all who have done it. It seems cool but Im just not into it

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    I have a save with myself and my husband as sims. I don't play it a ton, but it's fun to make my husband and I have tons of kids since we don't have any in real life!
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    Oh my hell I have like 8,000 versions of my Sims self. Tbh, with Sims 4 though, I've tried exceptionally hard to overcome just making a bunch of me copies... so I only have 1 and it's in the save file with my real family and friends.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Once in awhile. My husband and I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to have kids (don't worry, this is not a pity post. It's something we both want but we know that due to several factors it may not be in the cards for us and we've accepted/are OK with it. We want kids very much but there is a lot of beauty in our life of just us and our house full of cats. We have plenty of love and we love the free time we have and the fact we can do what we want when we want without having to make arrangements for tiny versions of ourselves! Plus, there are always kids in the system who would love to be adopted and find a loving home should we decide that's the right path for us.) so once in awhile if I am having a bit of a struggle with that (hey, I've accepted it but it doesn't mean I don't have a hard time with it once in awhile when we don't get the result we hoped for) , it's fun to pop I'm game and play my husband and I and have a kiddo or two...or 6. Haha. Other than that, I always play other Sims. I like playing legacies and seeing how many generations I can make it.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Tealdolphin123Tealdolphin123 Posts: 20 Member
    The first character I ever made was myself but now I play with random charecters or ones based on other peple
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Nope, I'm married with a three-year-old at home. There's no need to relive my day-to-day in the Sims. :)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I tried to briefly but it freaked me out.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    My Avatar is my sims 3 simself and have that and a simself of hubby on my sims 3 studio page - yes I play us in Sims 3. We particularly enjoy living on a houseboat in the game with our kitties.

I played a lot of my family in Sims 1 including me and hubby - and one day my sim got food poisoning in game - I guess I had to do my sim one better - the same after noon I slipped and fell on a shovel in my garden and broke my leg. Needless to say I got a lot of Sim time in for the next 6 months - but it sort of spooked me - so I decided to restart the game and did not try putting any one I knew back into the game - including hubby and me. So never played us in Sims 2.

When Sims 3 rolled around - I did not either up until a friend (Rflong) made a huge world for a bunch of us that helped her test her caw worlds - and she had us fill the world with our real life homes and our simsselves - so she placed all the sims and our houses in the world . That how this simself came to be.

Everyone who had a house and simself family played their game every day and we would share pics and stories of what went on in each of our versions of the game through out the rest of Sims 3. As a group we were the World Explorers, as we all also worked together in a large group to thoroughly test out other simmers CAW made worlds and help the creator have a perfect running world - hence the name of World Explorers.

So in honor of my dearest friends - I still use my sim self avatar from Sims 3 - and do not play myself in Sims 4. I just pick on other members of my family and make Simselves of them in Sims 4 and I play them. It's easier choosing traits for the sims when you have an actual person who fits the trait - lol. It keeps me from giving all my sims perfect traits as I try to properly assign like traits to my sims that look like family members.

ETA: Just so you know - even though it was a lot of fun - I still believe playing ones simself is a curse on your real self. Believe me - I went through unbelieveable things in real life during Sims 3 days. So maybe it is a good thing I don't make and play a Sims 4 Simself. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member

I usually like to play a Sims version of myself; and sometimes I create a different character to play alongside my sim self. Kind of comforting in a way to play as yourself in certain situations that could possibly never happen to you in reality (like dating, having babies, going to jungles, etc.).
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My simself family household is waiting in my library for when pet birds are added. Not playing them until then.
  • simsteasimstea Posts: 3 New Member
    I tried but I can't get the sim version of me to look right... >~<
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    No. I don't play my Sim as me but when my hubby plays he plays his Sim as himself with his name his look and everything including adding our cats Apollo and Calvin.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    I've made my simself a few times, but I always get bored playing them after a few hours every time. I like the character creation part of it and building my house, but gameplay as "myself" is just boring. Not for me.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited May 2018
    I don't play me. I prefer to just be an benevolent motherly presence that occasionally drops in to ruin their lives.
    Post edited by dreamprisoner on
  • NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member
    I only create myself for fun, never really commit to it though. I remember trying and I left the game after a few minutes and created a new household from imagination. I find playing sims more fun that way.
    tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have made my simself but I don't play her, I called my sims name or "he/she" "they".
    SodaGnome wrote: »
    They don't say, "I am doing the 100 baby challenge." No, they say,,,,,this sim avatar "Mary" is doing it, they never refer to the sim as them.

I played World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy online, Second Life etc, all games where you play as the avatar you create in 1st person mode. So yea, it seems natural to me to make a Sim to be me... then play as that character. Was just wondering if others made themselves to play as.
    I think it's related to the game setting(for example Grand Theft Auto V, I called the three leading roles name or "he" "they", but I called the online character "me" although he's not like me at all).
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes, usually as a tester, like after a patch when I play vanilla for a bit and start adding mods back in or if I want to see how CC looks in game. This time I've got her in my overstuffed household that has 15 at the moment. She's very sociable for a loner, I must say. :D I know she isn't me-me, so I don't take things to heart when she does things that no way I'd do in RL.
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    I've thought about it several times to create my simself in cas and plaaay, but that's just about how far I've gone...just a thought that pops up in my head....there's just something weird and disconnecting to me in actually executing my thoughts... every time.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Check out my sim selfie and others in a SimLit of mine. Also includes a couple of SimGurus.

Shameless Plug: BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • greatmorgangreatmorgan Posts: 38 Member
    I don’t but once I get my old computer I plan to