Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improving your playstyle?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    I know that we all technically have the "perfect" playstyle for our own selves, but sometimes I feel like I want to strive to play the game "better". Like for example, I get so envious of those players who build all their lots for their worlds, play each family they place, plan out storylines, and just in general put a lot of effort into their gameplay. I feel like they get SO much more out of the game that way than I do. But at the same time I know I just don't have the time or patience to play that way haha

How about the rest of you? Is there anything about your play style that you wish you could change or improve (but deep down know you never will? :D )

I'm one of those types of players you are talking about. I build my sim world from the ground up. I do occasionally use a lot off the gallery though, even though it needs tweaks to make it what I want it to be.

I play ( almost) every family I create and place. I tend to lose interest in them as soon as they have kids though.

I enjoy building my sim world and filling it with sims. And I love the sims I create and why I created them....which usually has to do with building that community of sims I do.

My biggest downfall in the way I play is that I tend to get too focused on one sim and then I forget my rotation and why I made those other sims on the whole. I need to put myself on a tighter/stricter rotation schedule so that I don't lost sight of the stories of each of my sims and why they were created and put in to my sim world.

Sometimes it's for a love interest, other times it's for a best friend and group member, other times it's to develop a darker story line within my happy little world.

I need to really go back to those other sims and make them who they were meant to be. But sometimes they get put on hold while I wait for new content too.

But I really, really, do enjoy building the world and the sims that live in it and making them all for a reason. I just sometimes lose sight of that reason and stop playing sims because of it.

I've tried a couple of saves of just playing one household and I can't do it beyond the initial set up. Because then I think, well they need these sims in their lives.....or they need this place to go....Or their kids are going to need this certain mate.....But I can't even get them past the toddler stage. I walk away as soon as kids are in the mix. Don't know why....I just don't find it fun.

So I go make more YA's or adults and wish there was more content for them, and much better interactions between them. I'm not feeling anything deep at all in terms of relationships in this game.

So I build, and make sims. And then don't play them because the game is too shallow. :(
  • Options
    snowandbriarsnowandbriar Posts: 45 Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > Karallyne wrote: »
    >
    > I know that we all technically have the "perfect" playstyle for our own selves, but sometimes I feel like I want to strive to play the game "better". Like for example, I get so envious of those players who build all their lots for their worlds, play each family they place, plan out storylines, and just in general put a lot of effort into their gameplay. I feel like they get SO much more out of the game that way than I do. But at the same time I know I just don't have the time or patience to play that way haha
    >
    > How about the rest of you? Is there anything about your play style that you wish you could change or improve (but deep down know you never will? :D )
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm one of those types of players you are talking about. I build my sim world from the ground up. I do occasionally use a lot off the gallery though, even though it needs tweaks to make it what I want it to be.
    >
    > I play ( almost) every family I create and place. I tend to lose interest in them as soon as they have kids though.
    >
    > I enjoy building my sim world and filling it with sims. And I love the sims I create and why I created them....which usually has to do with building that community of sims I do.
    >
    > My biggest downfall in the way I play is that I tend to get too focused on one sim and then I forget my rotation and why I made those other sims on the whole. I need to put myself on a tighter/stricter rotation schedule so that I don't lost sight of the stories of each of my sims and why they were created and put in to my sim world.
    >
    > Sometimes it's for a love interest, other times it's for a best friend and group member, other times it's to develop a darker story line within my happy little world.
    >
    > I need to really go back to those other sims and make them who they were meant to be. But sometimes they get put on hold while I wait for new content too.
    >
    > But I really, really, do enjoy building the world and the sims that live in it and making them all for a reason. I just sometimes lose sight of that reason and stop playing sims because of it.
    >
    > I've tried a couple of saves of just playing one household and I can't do it beyond the initial set up. Because then I think, well they need these sims in their lives.....or they need this place to go....Or their kids are going to need this certain mate.....But I can't even get them past the toddler stage. I walk away as soon as kids are in the mix. Don't know why....I just don't find it fun.
    >
    > So I go make more YA's or adults and wish there was more content for them, and much better interactions between them. I'm not feeling anything deep at all in terms of relationships in this game.
    >
    > So I build, and make sims. And then don't play them because the game is too shallow. :(

I agree. I tend to build from the ground up and ignore the story line because I can't stand to play with the premades. What I have been doing as of late is trying to improve my play style and manually add in all the lots I want in my world and what families I want back. For example: bringing back the Alto Family, keeping the Goths, and keeping Vladislaus Straud. It's very time consuming, but I find that it will suit me better than what the Sims team has made. For others it's great if they like doing that, but I enjoy making my own interconnecting stories.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    I wish i could make use of the supernatural stuff in all sims games. My gameplay is heavily grounded in reality and i've always avoided the supernatural packs like fire but whenever I see people discussing them I promise myself that one day I'll try and who knows maybe i'll actually like it? I just don't like the fact that there's so much content for all the sims installments that i've never even touched.

I was the same way, I had modded out all the sci-fi, supernatural stuff in my last few game saves and was playing with more reality based family play game.

I just started a new save, where all that stuff is full tilt. I started with Vlad (ok, I found a more attractive version of him on the gallery) and the Vatore siblings and added a few more vamps (I downloaded the ones from the vampire pack trailers by maxiscreator_01). I may even add a ghost or alien to my rotation if an interesting sim comes along!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    edited October 2017
    My play style in general is horrible. I always fear that my sims are bland. I've spend thousands of hours (literally,I have 3357 hours logged in) in CAS , but maybe 13 hours in actual gameplay,and 50 in building. I find no enjoyment because my sims feel so lifeless to me.All feel the same. I've tried to do challenges but I never finish them.

Really wish I could learn to love the gameplay and start a legacy with my sims.

And I wish I knew how to build. All my houses that i ever tried building are squares.I love seeing people with beautiful houses with so much character tho!

i mean hey at least i've mastered facial anatomy thanks to CAS dfjhjdjk

If anyone has advice for me on how to enhance my gameplay- or has experienced something similar- I'd love to hear!
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I actually did change a thing. I used to play with "disable autonomy for active sim" turned on. I recently turned it off for most of my sims. Watching my sim do their own thing is kind of interesting now.

I'll still turn it on for story saves.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I want to fill out the whole world with my own personal creations, but then while I'm building I get the bug to really play my Sims and then it's a catch 22 because they don't have enough proper venues or homes to visit. So currently I have like, 35ish active households that I play rotationally and have a story line (mostly) for... but I leave the game for two months at a time and when I come back (like for a new pack), I get a little stuck. I've had the majority of these Sims since that game came out. I have never had a Sim live a life from cradle to grave and that is a goal of mine, so I would feel like a huge failure if I started over a new save... but while these families are growing up, some of them I just... get... so bored with.

I wish there was a way to set my own type of aging so that the Sims I don't like as much age without me playing them, but that if I rotate through a bunch of houses I don't suddenly have kids who are friends with YA. I get so jelly with the simblrs and their gorgeous screen caps and stories. I have stories in my head too and I try to follow along with their whims and aspirations, but with so many Sims it's such a hassle.
  • Options
    SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    I feel like my sim gameplay style is so boring and I really am trying to enhance it and venture out and try new things but I'm so stuck in my ways I want to have my perfect family and play with them only and never have anything bad happen to them (death is off also aging is off) I just want them to be the same way I created them forever and it gets boring super fast. I want to start a generation family but I don't want to go through my favorite sims aging up or dying. If anyone has any advice for me I'd love to hear it.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I'd like to make up stories but the fact that it's all happening in my head while all my sim really does is shower and watch tv is making it really awkward. So I guess I'm left with playing with different personalities and fashion styles. I would like if EA put more intrigue into the game. Scenarios that we could play out with different outcomes. But that will never happen.