Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Mesh And Base Game Compatible

dancethetidedancethetide Posts: 105 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I have a question. A lot of items have Base Game Compatible or EA Mesh on it. I'm afraid to download a lot of it because I don't have all of the stuff packs (I'm pretty sure I have all of the EPs installed). I only have a skin and eyes downloaded into my game and were planning on only downloading my old store items. I've heard that it can be illegal to download Base Game Compatible things, but should I trust things if it just says EA mesh or base game compatible, but it isn't an exact replica (Like no specific EP or SP made base game compatible for an example)? I used to just download whatever I want, but now I freak out about everything. I also have two of the starter mods installed that install when you first make a mods folder.

Comments

• Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @dancethetide I'm by no means an expert on custom content, but I have some cc in my game. I believe that when something is "base game compatable", that just means you don't have to have any expansion packs to get the content to work properly. I don't know about when something is using an "EA mesh", though.
  • dancethetidedancethetide Posts: 105 Member
    I decided to just download CC as long as it didn't specifically say it's a conversion from a pack to base game. A lot less stressful.