Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    edited October 2017
    CHALLENGE #81: The Gypsies
    FORUM ID: StangMix2
    ORIGIN ID: stangmix2
    LEVEL: Starting out
    LOT: The RV Campground
    LOT COST: $3.000
    BUILD COST: $70.153
    TOTAL COST: $73.153
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur
    ENTRY DETAILS: RV's is not something I see a lot of, so I hope I've done them right :) I wanted it to look like the structure of the bathrooms and the lodge had been there a long time, maybe only recently "upgraded" but with the old feel still there. With the RV's I tried to make them complete with the "car" part so they are supposed to look like they are able to drive away. I added a small bathroom in the RV where I've made room for a toddler. I also wanted the RV's to look a little worn out on the inside, to give them a more "lived in" feeling.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1I78eij.png
    CfVw6dj.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2017
    StangMix2 wrote: »
    @JosieAnglin Looks great and I enjoyed looking at in in game! But your DL link does not work for me?

@BuildnShare I have a question. What is a "small water closet"? :blush:
    @StangMix2 - A small water closet, a small toilet area, we were thinking along the lines of a tiny half bath on board.

And @JosieAnglin - your DL link doesn't work for us either.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Everyone Look! We Want To Hear From YOU

We want your input. What sort of challenges excite you, which ones make you run screaming from the thread?? Let us know what YOU like to build, whether you like big budgets, small budgets, big homes, small homes, community lots. Do you love our Designer Showdown challenges, what do you think about The Hawthorne Legacy?
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member

And @JosieAnglin - your DL link doesn't work for us either.

I'll edit my post and relink it, I'm not sure why it's not working.
  • DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member

We want your input. What sort of challenges excite you, which ones make you run screaming from the thread?? Let us know what YOU like to build, whether you like big budgets, small budgets, big homes, small homes, community lots. Do you love our Designer Showdown challenges, what do you think about The Hawthorne Legacy?

Small houses/tiny houses with a small to medium budget. The Hawthorne Legacy is awesome and so much fun when you can do them all in one neighborhood.

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2017
    @josieanglin - Very cool. Great arrangement and love the trailer hitch you made! Nice landscaping too!

@stangmix - beautiful landscaping and what a great lodge! Cool! (and that roof trick is pretty neat too!)

@buildnshare - I like a challenge - so small budgets (although big budgets are really nice once in a while), anything you can put a twist on i.e. that is open to interpretation, fantasy projects, quirky projects, pretty much anything that stretches the imagination and/or inspires ingenuity. I think a project that makes people share something about themselves would be cool. We could all get to know each other a little better. If I think of something specific, I'll message you if that'd be okay. I love the Hawthorne legacy and the other challenges as well! You rock!!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member

I prefer contests with tight budgets because that really makes me think more creatively. I also prefer doing small builds on small lots, but I sometimes go for big lots if I think the theme is interesting enough (especially if it's criminal or vampire)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @BuildnShare Well I'm completely new, but thought I would put my 2 cents in regardless :wink:

I do find the lower budgets interesting, as it is something I have yet to challenge myself on. For this reason I find it both frustrating, yet refreshing! That's what in fact drew me to the comps in the first place :blush:

I am quite boring in that I like just "ordinary" builds, as I am only recently pursuing building lots, and still learning a lot there, so just the ordinary can still be challenging for me personally. I like realism, and trying to make it look as authentic as possible.

I think I prefer variety. To not always be restricted by budgets, but sometimes also get the opportunity to be quite free with a large budget.

I prefer small/medium builds, just because I am still fairly slow at building. Large builds are daunting to me.

As for residential or community, I don't have a preference, I love building both! I'd maybe say I slightly prefer community, as it allows for more creativity and fun in terms of styles or concepts. You can maybe be a bit more crazy :wink:

Is there a challenge that would have me running away screaming? Anything on a large lot I think. lol
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    @BuildnShare, I actually enjoy the challenges you have been giving and the budgets as also doable, tight but not too tight. Size wise I enjoy small, medium and now and then large builds. :)
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS80 - Wishes Of The Dead

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Some really great feedback so far, thank you all! Are there any types of challenges that you'd like to see more of. We were thinking of getting some suggestions and putting up a poll for the next one....
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member

I'm fairly new to this challenge as well but here are my two cents. Like I said before I enjoy reading your stories. It makes me picture the person in my mind that I am building for. I like small to medium sized lots, haven't touched a single 64x64 lot in my game yet. It takes too much decorating :) and I get bored with 5 bathrooms, haha. Having a tight budget makes it fun, that is still a learning process for me. I'm the very opposite from Laebeth, I tend to build "fantasy houses", they don't have to look real to me.
    I have been trying to figure out what the Hawthorne legacy is all about but I admit I am a little lost with that one.
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

Is anyone else having trouble with DEBUG, mine keeps insisting on searching for debug in stair rails! Anything else brings up zero results. I am getting a little frustrated with this.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    @FoundMarbles, debug has been changed to unknown. :)
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare I like having real and imaginary builds, I love the reduced budget, is so challenging! but also the builds are more friendly with weakers PCs. The only thing I found limited is the budget affecting the choice of the lot. I build always at the same lots because they are cheap. At the last challenge I sacrificed 3000 to use a Windenburg lot because I want to play my cemetery there :D I've always been curious why you split the budget (lot cost, total cost)? I like more small or medium builds. I love the stories you give with each challenge (do not change that neverrrr) <3
    edited October 2017

Do you mean I search for unknown with hidden objects on? Never mind, I got it. :smiley:

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    mannanna wrote: »

I'm fairly new to this challenge as well but here are my two cents. Like I said before I enjoy reading your stories. It makes me picture the person in my mind that I am building for. I like small to medium sized lots, haven't touched a single 64x64 lot in my game yet. It takes too much decorating :) and I get bored with 5 bathrooms, haha. Having a tight budget makes it fun, that is still a learning process for me. I'm the very opposite from Laebeth, I tend to build "fantasy houses", they don't have to look real to me.
    I have been trying to figure out what the Hawthorne legacy is all about but I admit I am a little lost with that one.
    @mannanna - The Hawthorne Legacy is an ongoing challenge. Over on the Project Hawthorne:Sims thread, you can submit your Sims that are in need of a helping hand. We at Build n Share then vote on which Sims we consider most deserving, then you guys all get to build a home for those Sims with the Hawthorne Legacy rules in mind. Here is the link to the original Hawthorne Legacy challenge, it'll give you an idea of the major challenge features.

GArBA5W.jpg

Do you mean I search for unknown with hidden objects on? Never mind, I got it. :smiley:

@FoundMarbles - glad you got it all sorted :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    emere wrote: »
    Hi @BuildnShare I like having real and imaginary builds, I love the reduced budget, is so challenging! but also the builds are more friendly with weakers PCs. The only thing I found limited is the budget affecting the choice of the lot. I build always at the same lots because they are cheap. At the last challenge I sacrificed 3000 to use a Windenburg lot because I want to play my cemetery there :D I've always been curious why you split the budget (lot cost, total cost)? I like more small or medium builds. I love the stories you give with each challenge (do not change that neverrrr) <3
    @emere - the stories will never change, it's what BnS is all about :smiley:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Thank you for the links @BuildnShare. Now I understand better and was entertained reading the Sims in need stories. I also recognized a few :) I think it's great that you take the time running these challenges <3
    mannanna wrote: »
    Thank you for the links @BuildnShare. Now I understand better and was entertained reading the Sims in need stories. I also recognized a few :) I think it's great that you take the time running these challenges <3
    @mannanna - I'm glad that the links helped out! And we love running them, so we're pleased you like them :heart:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @BuildnShare As for suggestions for builds.. maybe a period build? Like a 50s build, or 70s style home, or something along those lines. That or similarly you can have styles relating to a period, like Art Deco or Baroque or Gothic?
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @BuildnShare I'd also like to see more build contests with international themes, especially Asian ones.
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #180 THE WISHES OF THE DEAD

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017
    :s OK, so they changed debug but I think they created some bugs along the way!! Every time i zoom up to look the whole lot over all plants disappear leaving the terrain paint behind AND all my trees turn into something resembling paper cut-outs. I am getting a little frustrated. I tried repairing the game and that made ZERO difference. Does anybody know what is going on with this? I can't photograph my entry! All those dark terrain circles are plants.

HfnbTKL.jpg
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top