The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

san myshuno and boxes

Can anyone tell me where these wretched boxes are in the festival part of the game. I have not found one in all the time I have been playing with this expansion pack. I have repaired the game more than once and also uninstalled and re installed twice, and I have seen absolutely no boxes. I have scoured the whole area. This isn't with just one family its with approx 3 families, but within the same save, if that makes sense.

I am using a new pc - my old one blew up, literally - and it is custom built.

I am absolutely tearing my hair out with this, it's driving me mad lol

Is this a bug in the game? Or am I doing something wrong.

Please help before I go bald. :o;):):)

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I still am not seeing boxes, even though I find posters. I bought all my snowglobes at a trading festival so I didn't cheat, but I hate that I don't have the boxes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    There are boxes you can find stuff in, mostly snow globes. There are also decor boxes, but the difference is very obvious. They appear every couple of days, after you reap them, and several very near the posters.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Hello
    You may already have this in your game,but have your sims live in an apartment in San Myshuno and see if they appear in the district where they live. I wasn’t sure if your sims families may be living in another world.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    You may already have this in your game,but have your sims live in an apartment in San Myshuno and see if they appear in the district where they live. I wasn’t sure if your sims families may be living in another world.

Thank you, Rose. I was commenting based on Sims I have living in SM. I always have the kids try to collect all the snow globe with Dad’s or Mom’s help at festivals. I love the challenge of raising a child in the city. San Myshuno has recently become my favorite world.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They usually sit on the curb near a festival area. It looks like trash someone is throwing away.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited October 2017
    One box is over by the festival lot bathroom, one is on the sidewalk where the festival stands usually are, and one is like when you come out of the apartments, its on the street in-between them. They are in a cardboard box and you just dig thru them!

At least they use to be there :D
  • ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    Sorry I haven't been back to the tread but I have a memory problem. Anyway I am currently playing a game in San Myshuno and I just decided to have a look around whilst my sim is in the shower and I spotted a box in between two buildings, clicked on it and it said search for snow globes.

So I am now wondering if they only show up for sims living in this district. Before I forget, this is a normal day without a festival currently running.

Thank you to all who replied, much appreciated.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they shouldn't need a sim to be living in the district to show up, but i believe they work sort of like plants do in the other worlds. you have to have been on the lot for x amount of time for them to show up (similar to how you have to have been for x amount of time for the plants to finally be harvestable)
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    you dont have to live in SM. id send my sims from the suburbs of SM (as i call the other worlds) into SM often to get globes and posters. in the spice district they are always out
    This is the only way I have found the boxes by my sims living in this district. The boxes also show up when a festival is not in progress.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Mainly in the Spice District, you can find them behind the basketball court around the square on the sidewalks.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh... I never got all of them. Wish we had a snow globe for Brindleton Bay :)
  • Erinn_PaigeErinn_Paige Posts: 6 New Member
    I used to find them (boxes and snow globes) all the time- living in the city or not. They've since disappeared. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the update/Cats & Dogs because there are now the dirt piles... Bug report maybe??
    I noticed they have disappeared
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    It's seriously annoying. They come and go for me. I spent days in that building in the park and had even set up a tent and nothing happened. It's too random and it's annoying. I gave up and started buying the snow globes at the Flea Market, but apparently that is messed up now and no small items are around from the vendors to buy from. I've been trading with people, but that's difficult too because my boys always want to go to the bar or sing. The majority of the people they try and trade with don't want to. I only need one more for the collection. It's just stupid...bugs like this people have been complaining about for MONTHS...but let's give everyone new roofs in the patches instead of actually fixing problems -__-
    I have never seen a snow globe for sale. Also i only find the boxes when playing a sim in San myshuno, i don't find them if playing the game in a different neighborhood.
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    Here are two boxes that let you search for snow globes. They usually appear for me if I stick around way after the festival closes.

cee9d0e1ac47bb5a89d2753f87b7ce39.jpg
    b122241e87d0523b05b8cea93bc82986.jpg

I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I believe boxes are just like any other collectible. You can find them no matter where you live, but they're not likely to spawn during the first visit on a certain lot.
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I haven't seen any for ages now. Does anybody know how long you have to stay in the city for them to spawn? I used to see them all the time, but I've sat around long enough for posters to generate twice, and still no snowglobe boxes? Is it a problem for everyone then? Maybe they've lowered their spawn rates, or they're bugged?
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    i grabbed posters more than twice, i usually stay there for a few days, drink need fixer potions and don't leave before they generate.
    I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.
  • Erinn_PaigeErinn_Paige Posts: 6 New Member
    Tested this tonight... something is very screwy with the spawn times. They are ridiculously long, but if you stay on a city lot for 24+ to 48 hours the boxes do in fact spawn. Just takes your entire life. Invest in a tent. Spice Market was over 24 and Fashion District was at 48 sim hours before a box popped up.
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Tested this tonight... something is very screwy with the spawn times. They are ridiculously long, but if you stay on a city lot for 24+ to 48 hours the boxes do in fact spawn. Just takes your entire life. Invest in a tent. Spice Market was over 24 and Fashion District was at 48 sim hours before a box popped up.

yes I tried the same out and noticed this! I have to go on reasonably timed outings at least 3 times before they appear, guess that's why this collection is a lot easier when you live inner city haha
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Have not seen the boxes in months, regardless of looking with a Myshuno resident or other town one. They were quite common when the pack came out and for a little while afterwards. Poster presence is way down as well, though not yet totally gone. Maybe one of the packs/updates since CL came out messed things up.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I don’t have any issues with boxes. They’re always there for me. If I rummage through them, they will disappear for some time and then spawn again some time after. But they are always there any time I go to the city.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.