Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coloring CAS Parts in Photoshop

So, when I was trying to recolor some clothes in CAS, but when I exported them to photoshop, recoloring it looks weird, and sort of two toned, with the color being lighter and darker in certain places. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but can anyone tell me?

Comments

• jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    Does anyone know? Hope someone does end up seeing this.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Are you importing the right thing? I don't really know much about cc but I'm p. sure the thing you have to export in order to recolour is the thing called "diffuse" on sims 4 studio. It's under where it says texture (you have to select your project first before you see this.) The diffuse thing does look super weird not in colour but in shape, but you should still be able to understand what part on the diffuse thing corresponds with what sims body part. I.e I recoloured a tshirt and in game it looks like a tshirt but the diffuse layer looks like this:

iEaYZW5.png

And that looks weird but it's nothing to worry about, it will still look like a shirt if you recolour that. It's probably best to choose the lightest swatch to recolour though, I've never actually recoloured more of just put smth on a top that wasn't there like the logo on the top in my pic.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited October 2017
    Plus I export the diffuse layer as a PNG.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    I'll try this and let you know if it works