Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars in the pre-EP patch? (livestream screenshot)

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited October 2017
    Albeit somewhere down the road I think it's certain we're getting cars, those ones in the shot look a lot like the regular decoratives we got. And everybody who paid attention to the Spicy Market district in City Living, for example, knows that they can already park themselves with the new traffic system. So I don't see anything new there... I wouldn't mind to be wrong, though.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think we will ever get cars for transportation. Windenburg proves that because half of it doesn't have roads. How do you go from driving off your lot to walking into the border of Windenburg, through the streets, to get where you wanted to go? Did you park your car in the lot in BB?

I want cars, but not for transportation. I want the fixer-upper back but in several choices: an old model A, a 60/70's muscle car and a pickup. All of which can be worked on by the owner and/or by a son/daughter as a project to do together.

I want cars to be able to have a sim(s) sit in them and listen to the radio, make out, woohoo, watch the stars if its a convertible, or even let a child pretend to drive.

I also want a mechanic career. I want a shop you can own, run, work on cars and manage other sims. I want a mechanic skill (which can be earned on the fixer-upper at home, too). The gameplay would be similar to the vet career. A random sim enters the lot, checks in and waits to be consulted. Once the mechanic learns the issue(s), he heads to the garage where the car in question is waiting and begins to fix the problems. When the job is done, the mechanic returns to the waiting room and collects his payment. The customer leaves (hopefully giving us a good rating) and disappears off the lot along with his car.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think we will ever get cars for transportation. Windenburg proves that because half of it doesn't have roads. How do you go from driving off your lot to walking into the border of Windenburg, through the streets, to get where you wanted to go? Did you park your car in the lot in BB?

Simple, no streets no cars for your sims. But if we're getting them to fixing purposes, of course they would add some transport functonality along. And, you know, there's always bikes and other stuff to diversify and get off the asphalt.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Those are decorative cars. I don't think we'll ever get cars in TS4, why using cars when Sims just teleport anyway?
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • RubyDooRubyDoo Posts: 153 Member
    I would be all for this, but unfortunately I don’t have high hopes that they would add cars in a pre EP patch for pets... but who knows! Maybe I’ll be proved wrong. :smile:

Simple, no streets no cars for your sims. But if we're getting them to fixing purposes, of course they would add some transport functonality along. And, you know, there's always bikes and other stuff to diversify and get off the asphalt.

What happens when your sim travels? You click travel on the phone, a screen pops up with sims you can take with you, then the map comes up and you pick a destination. Then, there is a loading screen and your sim is there. They don't even go outside to the curb, they just disappear from here and reappear there. They aren't going to reprogram the entire game so our sims can walk to the curb where a car appears out of nowhere, get in and disappear. There wouldn't be any backing out of driveways or driving off the lot.

Has no one noticed that not only do we have no cars, we have absolutely no form of transportation of any kind at all, not even a subway hole to walk into. No cars, no motorcycles, no cabs, no buses, no trams, no boats, no bicycles, no skate boards, no segways, no nothing. If, by some miracle, we ever get "cars", it won't be the way people want them.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Those are decorative cars. I don't think we'll ever get cars in TS4, why using cars when Sims just teleport anyway?
    Some of us are not ok with "just teleporting" I find it extremely lazy and for me it takes a lot away from the game. Cars should of been base game feature just like the 3 prior Sim games I even remember during development @SimGuruGraham saying we would get cars just one of the many features removed and shortcuts in the game as if adult-teens bassinet babies and 2+ years without toddlers was bad enough.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    No, I think those are just decoration. Look at the windows. You can't see through them like you can in the previous games.
  • Marialoca75Marialoca75 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > DominicLaurence wrote: »
    >
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > I don't think we will ever get cars for transportation. Windenburg proves that because half of it doesn't have roads. How do you go from driving off your lot to walking into the border of Windenburg, through the streets, to get where you wanted to go? Did you park your car in the lot in BB?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Simple, no streets no cars for your sims. But if we're getting them to fixing purposes, of course they would add some transport functonality along. And, you know, there's always bikes and other stuff to diversify and get off the asphalt.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What happens when your sim travels? You click travel on the phone, a screen pops up with sims you can take with you, then the map comes up and you pick a destination. Then, there is a loading screen and your sim is there. They don't even go outside to the curb, they just disappear from here and reappear there. They aren't going to reprogram the entire game so our sims can walk to the curb where a car appears out of nowhere, get in and disappear. There wouldn't be any backing out of driveways or driving off the lot.
    >
    > Has no one noticed that not only do we have no cars, we have absolutely no form of transportation of any kind at all, not even a subway hole to walk into. No cars, no motorcycles, no cabs, no buses, no trams, no boats, no bicycles, no skate boards, no segways, no nothing. If, by some miracle, we ever get "cars", it won't be the way people want them.

No. We can make the sims walk to the car then we can click on the car and select travel then the map comes up we choose a destination and the sims we want to go with and after the sims jump into the car drive a little and after that there is the the load screen. I don't think they will need to reprogram the entire game. It's just another way to travel. People who don't want the car still use the phone system. ( sorry for my english I'm french ...)
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Some of us are not ok with "just teleporting" I find it extremely lazy and for me it takes a lot away from the game. Cars should of been base game feature just like the 3 prior Sim games I even remember during development @SimGuruGraham saying we would get cars just one of the many features removed and shortcuts in the game as if adult-teens bassinet babies and 2+ years without toddlers was bad enough.

Your sim teleports anyway. Whether it's from inside the house or sitting in a car that drives off the lot. What do you think happens when a car drove off the lot and disappeared? It teleported. Sims have always teleported in one way or another and always will. Even in S3 when you could drive to a location from your house, the car "teleported" into your sims inventory. Did any of that take awa from your game or does that happen with your car IRL?

What happens when your sim travels? You click travel on the phone, a screen pops up with sims you can take with you, then the map comes up and you pick a destination. Then, there is a loading screen and your sim is there. They don't even go outside to the curb, they just disappear from here and reappear there. They aren't going to reprogram the entire game so our sims can walk to the curb where a car appears out of nowhere, get in and disappear. There wouldn't be any backing out of driveways or driving off the lot.

Has no one noticed that not only do we have no cars, we have absolutely no form of transportation of any kind at all, not even a subway hole to walk into. No cars, no motorcycles, no cabs, no buses, no trams, no boats, no bicycles, no skate boards, no segways, no nothing. If, by some miracle, we ever get "cars", it won't be the way people want them.

Wrong, in some cases the sims have to walk until the edge of the map for then disappear, I assume it can easily be routed to make them walk to their cars. I don't know why you're advocating so much against a feature that would just improve the game. The teleporting is obnoxious, transports could bring mechanics, garages for the builders (you know, houses have that), new ways for sims to lose money, besides all the interactions with the objects and a touch of realism.

If you don't want cars just don't plan to buy it, no need to rain on our parade. To me, the most real life features in the game, the best. And for the next 4 or 5 years of TS4 I'm sure GPs can accommodate a great deal of our wishes.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Marialoca75Marialoca75 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @DominicLaurence said:
    >
    > DominicLaurence wrote: »
    >
    >
    > I don't think we will ever get cars for transportation. Windenburg proves that because half of it doesn't have roads. How do you go from driving off your lot to walking into the border of Windenburg, through the streets, to get where you wanted to go? Did you park your car in the lot in BB?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Simple, no streets no cars for your sims. But if we're getting them to fixing purposes, of course they would add some transport functonality along. And, you know, there's always bikes and other stuff to diversify and get off the asphalt.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What happens when your sim travels? You click travel on the phone, a screen pops up with sims you can take with you, then the map comes up and you pick a destination. Then, there is a loading screen and your sim is there. They don't even go outside to the curb, they just disappear from here and reappear there. They aren't going to reprogram the entire game so our sims can walk to the curb where a car appears out of nowhere, get in and disappear. There wouldn't be any backing out of driveways or driving off the lot.
    >
    > Has no one noticed that not only do we have no cars, we have absolutely no form of transportation of any kind at all, not even a subway hole to walk into. No cars, no motorcycles, no cabs, no buses, no trams, no boats, no bicycles, no skate boards, no segways, no nothing. If, by some miracle, we ever get "cars", it won't be the way people want them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wrong, in some cases the sims have to walk until the edge of the map for then disappear, I assume it can easily be routed to make them walk to their cars. I don't know why you're advocating so much against a feature that would just improve the game. The teleporting is obnoxious, transports could bring mechanics, garages for the builders (you know, houses have that), new ways for sims to lose money, besides all the interactions with the objects and a touch of realism.
    >
    > If you don't want cars just don't plan to buy it, no need to rain on our parade. To me, the most real life features in the game, the best. And for the next 4 or 5 years of TS4 I'm sure GPs can accommodate a great deal of our wishes.

thank you
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I've noticed that the worlds seem to be getting more interactive. Just like there are only five lots in Granite Falls but tons of exploriing that takes ages to get around, that's what tramsport might be useful for.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I really don't want cars. I hope if we do get cars that they will be optional

I'm going to have to agree.

Wrong, in some cases the sims have to walk until the edge of the map for then disappear, I assume it can easily be routed to make them walk to their cars. I don't know why you're advocating so much against a feature that would just improve the game. The teleporting is obnoxious, transports could bring mechanics, garages for the builders (you know, houses have that), new ways for sims to lose money, besides all the interactions with the objects and a touch of realism.

If you don't want cars just don't plan to buy it, no need to rain on our parade. To me, the most real life features in the game, the best. And for the next 4 or 5 years of TS4 I'm sure GPs can accommodate a great deal of our wishes.

And where are these cars parked? Or do you think they will edit the map (which they have stated that once a world is released, they do not edit it) to add in parking lots but not edit that world to add in actual roads which would negate the need for all these parking lots at the edge of Windenburg? I'm being logical and not letting my imagination run away with me. As for me raining on your parade, I can't because they aren't adding rain in the patch either.
  • NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    I hope these are real cars, I want to be able to teach my teenage sim how to drive again
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

And where are these cars parked? Or do you think they will edit the map (which they have stated that once a world is released, they do not edit it) to add in parking lots but not edit that world to add in actual roads which would negate the need for all these parking lots at the edge of Windenburg? I'm being logical and not letting my imagination run away with me. As for me raining on your parade, I can't because they aren't adding rain in the patch either.

logic and the sims don't think that works
    more for sim kids and more drama please

You say you're being logical and yet can't grasp there are tons of ways to implement it? You are letting it run away, only that in small circles or maybe from you.

Considering the engine and how it works so far, a tiny chance in patch that allows the car objects to stop on the side of the streets would solve it for most worlds; the ones totally without streets would just remain that way, whatever the sim drove there could easily go to the inventory or directly to a parking object we could place in the lots. Bikes are easily portable and it's not impossible to have sims carrying them by their sides wherever they head. If none of this, a quick menu before the travels asking how the sims will move from places, whether it will be by taxi, bus, etc, and charging for it, would do wonders and be a solution. And I believe there're plenty other options. All that just for the locomotion issue, cars can still improve building, add gameplay and so on.

I always got the feeling that limiting one's ability to search for solutions is the less logical option possible, and it seems to be recurring with people that can't see cars in game here.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I really want cars back, ive seen a few people commenting on how cars are pointless or not needed in the sims 4 because of the worlds and the way sims travel but it worked in the sims 2 which was even more closed off then 4. If we weree to get cars that work the same as the sims 3 were a sim walks to the road and teleports into the car then yes i agree its pointless.But if we got sims 2 cars back with driveways, pulling on and reversing off driveways, car door animations etc then it would work. I dont see the devs patching this though.Im hoping for a gamepack to add this and the carpool\school bus.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I just thought: since the worlds in this game have a static layout that's determined by the game's files rather than customized by players, if they wanted to patch in cars, there's nothing stopping them from altering the layouts of the worlds to make them more vehicle-friendly.

I mean, that does sound like a lot of work for a feature that lot of people deem useless, but it's possible.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I hope it's not cars. It would be pointless.
    Get in car = loading screen.
    At best, cars will be no different than the boat in BB that takes you to and from the island. You click on the car, a map pops up, you pick a location and a loading screen happens and then you appear at that location. Just like the boat. No getting in the car, no driving off the lot, no parking in fake parking lots. But this would make adding a car as an object more feasible. You buy a car object. You place it on your lot, in a garage or on a driveway or just sitting in the grass. When you want to travel, you click it, etc. etc. etc.

If it's an object then it could have many different applications. Work on it to gain mechanical skills. Sit in it with various actions, like listen to the radio, make out, woohoo, star gaze (convertible), kids can pretend to drive, use it to travel, etc.

Imagine your teen sim takes his girlfriend out to the car to "listen to the radio". The windows fog up and Dad runs out to catch junior making out in the family SUV. Embarrassed girlfriend runs home, mad son storms off to his room and Dad smiles and gain parenting skill points.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    I hope it's not cars. It would be pointless.
    Get in car = loading screen.

Same, it worked for TS3, but I don't think it will work too well for TS4.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited November 2017
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Your sim teleports anyway. Whether it's from inside the house or sitting in a car that drives off the lot. What do you think happens when a car drove off the lot and disappeared? It teleported. Sims have always teleported in one way or another and always will. Even in S3 when you could drive to a location from your house, the car "teleported" into your sims inventory. Did any of that take awa from your game or does that happen with your car IRL?
    A car driving off the lot and teleporting is much more realistic than poof loading screen appear at location smiling.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"