Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~•~aricarai's DNA contact thread~•~Lilypink79~•~NEW Request~•~

Comments

• StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Hi m'dear Sam!
    Sorry I haven't responded - was celebrating my birthday a little too hard! Haha!
    I've done some preliminary looking for CC and I've found a few eye patches that could work. I'll share them with you in the next few days as soon as I can find some options for the eyes!
    Bear with me, I'm hoping to have some sneaky peeks by the weekend :mrgreen:

No worries @aricarai, I'm really glad to hear that you're having a blast. I hope it was the best birthday ever, and that you got spoiled to pieces! :kissing_heart:
    I'm happy to help with the CC hunt, I just don't really know where to look haha. I went looking for a witch's hat but instead of the requested Sims 3 stuff, all the internet would show me was Sims 4 hats! *groan*
    Anywho I look forward to those sneaky peeks. :mrgreen:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Hi m'dear Sam!
    Sorry I haven't responded - was celebrating my birthday a little too hard! Haha!
    I've done some preliminary looking for CC and I've found a few eye patches that could work. I'll share them with you in the next few days as soon as I can find some options for the eyes!
    Bear with me, I'm hoping to have some sneaky peeks by the weekend :mrgreen:

No worries @aricarai, I'm really glad to hear that you're having a blast. I hope it was the best birthday ever, and that you got spoiled to pieces! :kissing_heart:
    I'm happy to help with the CC hunt, I just don't really know where to look haha. I went looking for a witch's hat but instead of the requested Sims 3 stuff, all the internet would show me was Sims 4 hats! *groan*
    Anywho I look forward to those sneaky peeks. :mrgreen:

I did, I did, Sam! It was so relaxed and chill! That's what happens when you get older; not wanting all the fuss, so for me it was perfect!

Haha - from my Blind CC Swap video, I decided that I was the worst CC shopper ever! Haha! I think google is the best place to start, but if not, sssvitlans on tumblr has LOADS of CC. I haven't looked there yet, but I'll use those two tools in the first instance! Oh goodness, don't get my started on the amount of TS4 that comes up when you're searching for TS3 stuff; it's crazy!
    edited October 2017
    Hey there @aricarai! :grin:
    I went on a CC hunting quest today and I decided that I might actually be worse than you, partly because I kept finding random irrelevant things that I loved and started grabbing them so I was looking for hours hahaha. :astonished:

I searched and searched for a witch's hat that was actually for Sims 3 (grrr) and that didn't need a slider, but had next to no luck. I found two really great Sims 3 hats that I adore, but after testing them in my game I found out why the dreaded hat slider exists. Hopefully you've had better luck, but just in case I'll link them below anyway.
    I think this one is a pretty great match for the artwork: lyrea.tumblr.com/post/165920784511/tsm-to-ts3-witch-wizard-hat-not-sure-why-in-tsm
    And I think this one is just so freakin' awesome, and would be a fun change of hat for Rain's "formal wear" outfit perhaps: neverforevermind.wixsite.com/tractusopticus/blank-l62lg/hat-bra

I also found a set of eyes that actually has a recolourable sclera unlike the vast majority of the other creepy eyes I found: modthesims.info/download.php?t=548112
    There was an amazing set for Sims 4 that made me want to cry lol, but I think these "Doll Eyes" will work well unless you found something even better. :smile:

So lastly, I was not able to find a floral forearm tattoo anywhere, and the one thing I did find that would have worked well enough was only available for female sims!! :rage:
    But while browsing the tattoos I did find something else that I thought would be really cool for Cassius, these here are bruise tattoos: gaiahypothesims.tumblr.com/post/156357632388/more-images-and-details-under-the-cut-more
    There's also a broken nose: gaiahypothesims.tumblr.com/post/154859110278/broke-nose-cc-dl-under-eyeliner-tintable-with
    And black eye: gaiahypothesims.tumblr.com/post/152439073598/black-eye-eyeliner-ccmore-this-is-a-tintable
    Since fighting is kind of in his job description, I thought it would be really cool to feature those tattoos somehow, like maybe in an alternate outfit or something. So please let me know what you think! ^-^
    Post edited by StutteredScreams on
    Zpj9msL.png
    You've been busy @StutteredScreams! I haven't started CC Shopping yet because I think I might want to film some of it and put this in a video, but I do LOVE those hats. I'll give them a try in my game and see if I can work out those darn hat sliders. There's got to be some sort of trick to them since so many people use them.

I thought I'd seen some eyes somewhere, but you're so right about loads of CC being for Sims 4 even if you type in 3. Ooh and I'll have a look for tattoos as well!

I've got those bruises in game already I believe - just need to download the broken nose! I absolutely love @GaiaHypothesis - she's an amazing story teller!

We will get there together; this is awesome! I really like collabing with people that request creations and want to be full on part of the process <3
    @aricarai I'm thrilled to hear that you love them as well, and I wish you all the luck with the hat sliders!! I'm super excited to see you make a video of working on these sims, I love watching the creative process and getting to see how something blossoms and blooms with all the changes from start to finish. :mrgreen::heart:

Gaia's stuff is really cool, I've only just discovered her now thanks to those tattoos, her stories are so in-depth!

I'm a bit of an oddball, but while I've always had a heap of fun making my own sims and occasionally homes too, there's something really special about working with someone else whom you admire that's even more fun! I always have so many ideas, but I can find it really hard to bring them to fruition. So being able to turn to someone else (who's a billion times more Sims snazzy than I) and give them these peices of mine, which they then take and turn into a masterpiece is truly incredible. I feel so lucky to be part of such an amazing community, where I've met such wonderful people like yourself, who have such a passion and love what they're doing.
    Anyway that's enough rambling hehe, the gist is I'm really giddy that we're doing this together, and I hope to continue help you in any way I can Ari. Just say the word! :kissing_heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
    So I went on a little hunt today...does any of the below appeal to you @StutteredScreams

26235681559_fd973818c5_z.jpg

26235690339_91b8bfe31b_z.jpg

26235690919_1489533a16_z.jpg

I've got an idea for the tattoos for Jean, but let's wait and see if I can get it to come to fruition first.
    The eye patch is great, and the eyes are awesome finds too @aricarai!
    I'm thinking maybe the Spectator eyes as I like the size/shape, but you could really go with either. Maybe play around with both of them and see which one you like best, or whichever matches the artwork best? :smile:
    Zpj9msL.png
    Awesome @StutteredScreams - I'll have a little play around with these and I'm hoping to start filming sometime tomorrow since I'm working from home next week <3
    edited October 2017
    I want to say thank you for being so patient with me; my computer has been causing a little bit of a fuss and it's being super temperamental, but I think I've coaxed it into submission for the time being!

But...ooooh @StutteredScreams!! Have I got a surprise for you! This may delay finishing completely for a little while longer (I hope you're ok with that), but I'm hoping to have a sneak peak of what I CAN show you at some point today <3
    Ooooooh insert some excited squealy noises here, I am so pumped. As a general rule I kinda hate surprises due to the fact that I am quite possibly one of the most inquisitive people on this planet, but I hate them being spoiled (by anyone else other than me of course) even more so. As such be sure to hold tight to that secret, I cannot wait to relish in whatever it is, I'm more excited than rooster at the break of dawn. :mrgreen:

Don't worry about time Ari, I've got plenty, and I'm told patience is one of my virtues. P.S. @aricarai I totally do not consider sneak peaks to be spoilers, so gimme gimme gimme! :wink::heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams: You wouldn't believe my computer issues...I think I've COMPLETELY sorted it now, but I was using Bullguard for my security program and an update completely ballsed everything up, so I switched to Norton and fingers crossed...my internet will stop cutting out. But anyway, you don't want to hear about that...I'm just happy that patience is one of your virtues!

Anyway...got a couple of sneak peeks for you. Try to see past anything but the below, haha!

I think I got the hat to work - I will say, it looks more tilted when it's on the other side as that's how the hat is built, but the reference photo has the hat more to the right. Let me know what you think.

26312592789_f9089bcedb_z.jpg

And now for the eyes...ignore the shape, just look at the color. That's as dark as I could get the orange. Happy or should we try something else?

24236600338_25d7b03bd9_z.jpg

edited November 2017
    @aricarai Man computers and I are not always the best of friends either. I once managed to erase every single thing off my computer when attempting to fix an issue with an old windows update, even the drivers that make the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 machine work were gone, it was insane! So my fingers crossed are well and truly crossed that your new anti-virus does the job hun. :heart:

Are you kidding, the hat looks so AWESOME! You totally nailed that slider, and the tilt is definitely not going to bother me.

As for the eyes they are looking super cool, but as you noted they aren't quite the right colour. They will however look different with the turquoise skin, so I have no doubt that they could still work well enough. Did you try getting that darker orange with both the first and second lot of contacts you had pictured above?

Also,
    tumblr_inline_mhinc2Bkty1qz4rgp.gif

Edit: All I wanted was a cute gif to be inserted, why you hate me so sims forums. :cry:
    obligatory gif link
    http://68.media.tumblr.com/04d71a326cbb330b2fc3120349d0ab08/tumblr_inline_mhinc2Bkty1qz4rgp.gif
    Edit #2: I fixed it? I'm not good at these things lmao. :lol:
    Post edited by StutteredScreams on
    Zpj9msL.png
    @aricarai Man computers and I are not always the best of friends either. I once managed to erase every single thing off my computer when attempting to fix an issue with an old windows update, even the drivers that make the plum machine work were gone, it was insane! So my fingers crossed are well and truly crossed that your new anti-virus does the job hun. :heart:

Are you kidding, the hat looks so AWESOME! You totally nailed that slider, and the tilt is definitely not going to bother me.

As for the eyes they are looking super cool, but as you noted they aren't quite the right colour. They will however look different with the turquoise skin, so I have no doubt that they could still work well enough. Did you try getting that darker orange with both the first and second lot of contacts you had pictured above?

Also,
    source.gif

Edit: All I wanted was a cute gif to be inserted, why you hate me so sims forums. :cry:
    obligatory gif link
    https://i.plum.com/media/En2RfnLTo1sju/source.gif

I'm glad you like the hat...it takes some finagling, but I got there in the end :mrgreen:

D'oh! No, I didn't try the other pair...haha! I'll go do that now! <3
    @StutteredScreams: do you like either of these better?

38056563566_2a3c397ab3_z.jpg

38056562066_3fdb3e33bc_z.jpg
    Oooooh yes yes @aricarai the first one is the perfect shade! :grin:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams: Here's another little sneaky peek for you. Let me know what you think. There's three different eyelash options here (hence the three pictures), everything else is pretty much in place (unless you want something changed, of course!).

37455580334_64d2d516f4_z.jpg

38110097716_7accc47f6d_z.jpg

37455579744_fdc1c56682_z.jpg

I'm going to continue working on Rain, but let me know about the above and if you'd like anything change :mrgreen:
    24314098588_bdc311425e_z.jpg

I turned her nostrils up a smidge. Better?
    Okay, okay, definitely last little sneak peek of Rain...yes, no? Whaddya think?

26390638819_dd2a7b8623_z.jpg
    Okay we've encountered our first little set of problems. The formal hat is set to only show up in Everyday clothes; however, this can be disable through Nraas Master Controller. BUT when the formal hat is put on it doesn't fit her head and I can't move the sliders - well technically I could - or else the every day hat would move too.

What do you think? Leave the formal hat off? Or leave it as below?

37457792594_bcd155477b_z.jpg

37457792374_a1ef475ac1_z.jpg

Dangit...you weren't s'pose see anymore Rain sneak peeks...haha! Luckily, she's not involved in the surprise :mrgreen:
    Side note: I'm low key in love with Cassius (he looks goooooood) :mrgreen:
    edited November 2017
    @StutteredScreams, the outfit that Jean is wearing in the reference picture on your tumblr, do you want that as his everyday outfit?

This was what I was thinking:

24320174258_929a1e5175_z.jpg

OR taller ones:

38172554661_3d25c9a586_z.jpg

and then these (or something similar if I can find some):

38140772112_068f6b313e_z.jpg
    Post edited by aricarai on
    Oh my god @aricarai, so many things!! :love:

Q1: I'm gonna vote for eyelashes number two. I do like the first set, but it feels a little too heavy for Rain.
    Q2: Yes! I do like her with the nostrils turned up a smidge more. :mrgreen:
    Q3: I think she looks INCREDIBLE, you are flippin' amazeballs Ari!
    Q4: I'm super devastated about that hat, just as I'm sure you are, but I think we're best just ditching the formal hat. It's a real bummer as I adore that hat, but we don't want to fudge up the regular hat that she'll literally wear all the time.
    Q5: Heck yeah Cassius, he's a total hottie, and everybody loves a bad guy hehe. :wink:
    Q6: Yes please! Jean's kind of like a formal casual preppy style, so if you can recreate that outfit that'd be great. :smile:
    Q7: I like the third shoes best, but I also found two similar shoes that could work that I'll link below.
    More Formal Loafers - http://simsimi-only-mine.tumblr.com/post/76209343586/simsimimwingtipshoes01-mesh-edit-retexture
    Cute Creepers - http://dalagitah.tumblr.com/post/19051207840/creepers-updated-amaf-well-here-they-are-as

You have been working hard girl! Everything's looking so awesome, I'm so exited, and omg this surprise is killing me in the best way. :heart:
    LLK-C.com_Friday-Fun-Finds.png

Zpj9msL.png
    edited November 2017
    Oh my god @aricarai, so many things!! :love:

Q6: Yes please! Jean's kind of like a formal casual preppy style, so if you can recreate that outfit that'd be great. :smile:
    Q7: I like the third shoes best, but I also found two similar shoes that could work that I'll link below.
    More Formal Loafers - http://simsimi-only-mine.tumblr.com/post/76209343586/simsimimwingtipshoes01-mesh-edit-retexture
    Cute Creepers - http://dalagitah.tumblr.com/post/19051207840/creepers-updated-amaf-well-here-they-are-as

@StutteredScreams - I'm so happy that you like how things are looking. I might turn Rain's eyes up a little bit more and work on them, but I'll remove the eyelashes I had and just use the EA ones :mrgreen:

Oopsy, the third picture on Jean's post was meant to show the trousers - haha! And you're the best CC hunter ever...how did you find those shoes? Those are perfect and I'll test them both out <3
    @aricarai Cool cool, sounds great! :grin:

I actually just had a search for 'Sims 3 Creepers' in Google images! I find that to be a pretty good place to actually see what the links have to offer before clicking hehe. As for the trousers, can we look for something similar but less like crumply? So leaning more towards slacks than jeans.
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams - Haha! I didn't even know what those shoes were called - shows what I know - I was searching for doc martens! Haha!

Re: trousers - I found some other options for trousers...any of these work?

24332076368_684f2e80fa_z.jpg

38152357282_dff83bede3_z.jpg

24332085998_d307a50610.jpg

I've tried them all on him and he's currently wearing the middle ones but in a dark dark brown, but the last ones don't look too shabby. Unless of course, you can use your amazing CC searching skills and find something that works better?