Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Build-n-Share - The Hawthorne Project XIV - Due 31 Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare "The rules All entries must be original work. Avoid using "styled looks" or pre-created Sims from Sims 4. Any competitor who submits another creator's work will be disqualified and banned from any future Build-n-Share challenge."

How does one create a sim from scratch. I was under the impression that the process always started with a pre-made Sim that could then be modified / personalized.

Yes, all Sims are created from a pre made sim as a base, we wish you to use your own creativity to edit that Sim to your liking. You could of course just change the hair colour/style or even just the eye colour should you wish, but we would like to see a Sim that you created, rather than just using the pre-made Sim.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited November 2017
    (Richard was the kindest and gentlest soul I ever knew! This avatar is my tribute to him.)

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE III
    Name: Richard Fraser
    Traits: Gloomy, Genius, romantic (Bonus trait "Quick Learner)
    M/F/TG: Male
    Aspiration: Nerd Brain
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Previously fine carpentry and now training to become a jeweler.

Spouses Name: N/A
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: Michael Fraser
    Child 1 M/F/TG: Male
    Child 1 Traits: Book Worm
    Child 1 Aspiration: Whiz Kid

Child 2 Name: Constance Fraser
    Child 2 M/F/TG: Female
    Child 2 Traits: Good
    Child 2 Aspiration: Social Butterfly

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Since our parents deaths in a boating accident, I have taken responsibility and been caring for my two youngest siblings. I was a fine carpenter until my lungs were badly affected from years of breathing the dust at work. I am pron to bouts of depression, especially when I remember what happened to Mom & Dad. I am now training to become a jewellery maker. At present I live in a large warehouse room with Michael and Constance and a lot of mice. It is not a pleasant area and I worry for the safety and comfort of Michael and Constance. There are no other children in this neighborhood and I need to accompany them everywhere to be sure they are safe.

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)

I would really love it if both of the kids could have their own rooms and nice play room with children's activities would be very nice. A good and secure fence to help keep them safe. We are all big readers so a nice reading room or nook would be a bonus. We do not require anything fancy, just a nice, traditional bungalow. Lots of windows and natural light would probably help with my bouts of depression and I would like a country setting with lots of fresh air to help with my breathing.

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH3
    Download link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AE622B57B4F211E7881F05A57EEC9667

The deadline for this challenge is 4th November 2017

H4YPhr6.png
    zdPQOUq.jpg
    THE MODEL FOR RICHARD
    https://imgur.com/a/wiWf6
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE III
    Name: Althea Komen
    Traits: Cheerful, self-assured, vegetarian
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration: Super Parent
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Former buyer for clothing chain

Child 1 Name: Nadia
    Child 1 M/F/TG: F
    Child 1 Traits: Outgoing
    Child 1 Aspiration: Social Butterfly

Child 2 Name: N/A

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

To Whom it May Concern:
    My name is Althea Komen. I was a fashion model when I was younger, loved the industry, not the runway, so when the opportunity arose to work as a buyer for a huge clothing chain, I grabbed it. Nadia came along a few years later as a big but wonderful surprise. Her father was a sort of ship in the night, so, when she was born, I didn't even know how to contact him to tell him, which was just fine. I was doing fantastically well at a career I loved and was good at - and Nadia was such a beautiful, happy baby. Everything was just perfect. Then my world crashed in. Cancer. When I got too sick to work, I couldn't continue the payments on insurance. My work policy hadn't covered many of my treatments and the bills were already emptying my bank account. There was only a small window of time to apply for state insurance after I lost my job, and of course, I missed it. The bills kept coming. Bankruptcy only delayed, not stopped, the foreclosure of our home and the hospital lien took any money left after the sale. The bank put our things in storage, but when I couldn't pay the fees the storage company auctioned off everything left. We ended up in a shelter. A friend found out and took us in, but I feel we've been there far too long and taken advantage of her hospitality. I'm doing much better now and praying I stay well enough to see my little girl grow up. She's been so brave through all of this, my little rock. I'm a proud woman and it's really hard for me to ask for help, but I'm at the end of my rope and my little girl deserves far better than what life has dealt her so far.

Tell us about your ideal home space:

My high pressure corporate days are over. I'm doing better, but still so tired of all the time from the chemo. I do have a dream, though. I'd love to have a little boutique of my own with an apartment above for the two of us. In my fantasy it's a clothing and cosmetics boutique, but I'd be happy with anything style related. In my dream I see the apartment above in whites with bold splashes of color. In reality, I'd be happy with an inflatable mattress and a card table as long as we could call it ours. Nadia is a very smart little girl who loves everything to do with science, astronomy and the planets. She's currently trying to figure out if she'd rather be an astronaut or a Disney princess when she grows up. I'm pushing for astronaut. I'd love a science or space themed bedroom for her with room for a kitten. What little girl wouldn't want a kitten? I don't have any real retail experience but I know I'm really good at choosing what people will buy, and the rest can be learned. If given the chance I know we can shine. Despite the bankruptcy, I'd still like to earn enough to pay off my old bills and I'd happily and proudly donate a portion of every sale to the Hawthorne project to help others in need. If this experience has taught me anything, it's taught me empathy.

(October is breast cancer awareness month and cancer is the number one cause of bankruptcy in the U.S. The scenario I created is far more common than most people know. I will now get off my soapbox.)

0fwWBKV.jpg

Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @nhuband and @foundmarbles Wonderful entries and stories. I actually felt guilty posting an entry because it meant I might take a home away from someone really deserving! Haha...I need to get out more.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @Ainsley :'( Good Mom-Daughter set. How many stories I have heard IRL that sound so similar. Very realistic!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options

@Ainsleyf What happened to your picture!?
  • Options
    It's showing up for me @foundmarbles! Anyone else not see it?
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    @Ainsleyf it says "the image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available"
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    weird. I'll see if I can update that.

Think it's fixed! I apparently accidentally deleted the image from imgur when I deleted the album. oops. Thanks for letting me know @foundmarbles and @masajo. Funny thing is, it was still showing up in my thread, and I'm not at home.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Your pic's showing now @Ainsleyf :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Phase 3 Is Now Closed
    We'll be in touch shortly with the winners!! And, by the way, we're opening up Phase Four now!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Phase IV is now open

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE IV
    Name:
    Traits:
    M/F/TG:
    Aspiration:
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation):

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name:
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name:
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH4

The deadline for this challenge is 4th December 2017
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE IV
    Name: Hermey the Misfit Elf
    Traits: cheerful, ambitious, goofball
    M/F/TG: M
    Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Former toymaker

M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name: N/A
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Dear Hawthorne People,

My Name is Hermey and I come from a long line of factory workers from up North, way up North. Everyone in my family is expected to start work in the factory immediately upon reaching adulthood, and sometimes before. Nothing's changed for many, many generations. It's always cold. The pay is horrible. Almost all the food we eat has to be shipped in, so we exist on things baked from dry goods and reindeer milk. Seriously! We are basically indentured servants working for "The Man" (although the benefits package is pretty good). We're told over and over how grateful we should be for what we have. It's like we're constantly being brainwashed. I've always been different, been ostracized. I always hated the cold and the factory and the whole monotonous, unchanging lifestyle. So I finally decided to follow my dream and head to parts South. Instead of being supportive, my family has cut me off until "I come to my senses". I need help. I basically have a choice to either go back to where I'm utterly miserable and live a life of mindless, senseless conformity, or stay and spend all my time doing performance art on people's shelves just to stay out of the rain. And that's only a seasonal job anyway.

Tell us about your ideal home space:
    I dream at night of warm weather, of palm trees or trees with leaves instead of needles or fruit trees, of fresh vegetables, green grass and lanais. Oooh lanais. I can't even say the word without my eyes tearing up! I'm open to anything sunny and bright but almost pass out from joy at the thought of cocktails by a pool. Only request is to please stay clear of red and green. I hate red and green. Maybe it could have a study so I can finally pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a dentist!

izwUSfJ.png?2

EDIT: Uploaded
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • Options
    Hermey is epic @Ainsleyf!! But is Hermey a male, a female or trans - you didn't fill in that part of the form. Or his occupation/former occupation.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Haha oops. Will fix! Thanks. Don't know how I missed that!! and ahh shoot. I forgot to post his third trait too. I don't remember it off the top of my head. Will edit that when I get home. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Maxis cleared ALL of the Gallery saves on the last update, that wiped out all items searched by Forum ID & all hashtag searches. The link for my build challenge still works but hashtag search brings up nothing. My #BNSPH3 does not appear after a search, nor will it show up in ID or Item name searches. This is a bit depressing because my PC is out for repairs for 3-4 weeks. I cannot reload Fraser and Siblings! :'(
    Imgur link for Fraser IS still active.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited November 2017
    Maxis cleared ALL of the Gallery saves on the last update, that wiped out all items searched by Forum ID & all hashtag searches. The link for my build challenge still works but hashtag search brings up nothing. My #BNSPH3 does not appear after a search, nor will it show up in ID or Item name searches. This is a bit depressing because my PC is out for repairs for 3-4 weeks. I cannot reload Fraser and Siblings! :'(
    Imgur link for Fraser IS still active.
    Is this the right link?

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AE622B57B4F211E7881F05A57EEC9667
    #BNSPH3 Richard is the kindest and gentlest soul I ever knew! This avatar is my tribute to him. All of his life since his parents deaths in a boating accident, has been caring for his two youngest siblings. He was a fine carpenter until his lungs were badly affected from years of breathing the dust at work. He is now training to become a jewellery maker. At present he shares a warehouse room with is siblings. It is not a pleasant.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Redundant / Same message posted twice
  • Options

@EuphorialQueen Bless You! It is. Though I still can not bring any of my gallery items by any search filter! When I clicked the link you provided it produced an "Oops" error message but worked from the address bar. Thank you, I copied the link you provided into my entry post, just in case... (Other Simmers on different threads are also suffering the problem...can't imagine why some of us are getting failed searches)
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @FoundMarbles There is a known issue with the gallery hashtags for instance. Links in the online gallery are being converted from the old version to start www.ea.com so perhaps that is causing issues.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Isn't that weird, I haven't experienced any errors in the gallery, I can use hashtags and everything.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    Isn't that weird, I haven't experienced any errors in the gallery, I can use hashtags and everything.

LUCKY!! Clearly, it is random victims. :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    oops...wrong thread...message deleted.
  • Options
    Phase IV is now officially closed

Apologies - we have neglected this thread the last month or two.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Phase V is now open!!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top