Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @oXseashellXo Oh, no problem at all! You did in no way discourage me! haha. That was just me being frustrated with a budget I was already struggling with. Haha. I like a good challenge, and as stated when I pulled myself together I managed to make adjustments and afford the remaining graves :smiley: So all good! I am glad you informed us of the issue though, if not I would have placed them and not even been aware, and that would not be fun for an unsuspecting poor simmer when downloading :p

Thank you for the feedback on my cemetery, I appreciate it :blush: Yes, I did use that roof item and enlarge it to make it fit the tower structure ;)

No need to feel sorry about anything at all! I had a lot of fun, so much fun in fact I wanna do more Spanish colonial builds :p
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited October 2017
    CHALLENGE #80: Wishes Of The Dead
    FORUM ID: abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Rest in peace (30 x40)
    LOT COST:2500
    BUILD COST: 53 037
    TOTAL COST: 55 007
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157686531751782
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/23FCF18CB8E111E7810EAEE225736413?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS: Rest in peace is a charming mystical cemetry where the living and the dead can have peace.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A - MOO and SHO (show hidden objects)

XCsNQgD.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare here is my entry:

CHALLENGE #80: Wishes Of The Dead
    FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Fairy Cemetery
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 51,750
    TOTAL COST: 54,750
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/mgbHb
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Fairy Cemetery was designed for an imaginary land that I play in my game. Vampires, ghosts and fairies live there. The house is inspired in fairytales. I do not know how dogs and cats will work but I assume space will be important to avoid routing issues. There is space inside and outside. It is a house for those cute zombie pets. The coffin at the crypt is is fully functional, just in case Erisa have some "guests" :D There is a fountain where sims can meditate about their beloved ones. I think I gave up trying to build real lots :| No problem, this cemetery is necessary for light fairies (in my game only the dark ones are inmortals) ;)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

6zQbMir.png
    tGd9g45.png
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many thanks @Valuzza90 @pronterus @oXseashellXo for your lovely words, very kind of you :) Have to say I'm in awe of each and every creation of this challenge, everyone's take is wonderfully unique and individual :) Congratulations to @glen1974 for your Maxis fav, very well deserved :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @Pronterus - a Japanese or other Asian style graveyard would be awesome!!! I've never been farther East than Ukraine but I've seen pictures of cemeteries in the far East and they look really cool and intriguing! I think its a wonderful idea!
    Thank you @mannanna - I'm not home right now so I can't look up what pack the walls are from. Can do that later this evening.
    @masajo - beautiful - as usual!! Love the interior, it's so comfy and old-school-charming. The shed is a fantastic idea and the whole place is so perfect and pristine, you make it look like Erisa works very hard at keeping things just-so! Gorgeous mausoleum as well!
    @laebeth - what a fabulous Spanish cemetery! Love your plant arrangements and interior design. The whole place looks very Mexican to me and it's awesome that you kept it all so thematic! Cool!
    @glen1974 - Love the way you lined the gate up perfectly with the mausoleum! The sitting area near the stairs is just so cozy looking it really stood out to me. Great landscaping too, but that child's grave is absolutely heartbreaking. Great build!!
    @abelhinha35 - what a lovely build. So pretty. Love the way you did the green splashes against the grey in the interior and exterior, and that magic bean tree works perfectly with your beautiful landscaping.
    @emere - such a pretty magical place. Love the cheerful colors and the gating around the graves. The flower shelves in the mausoleum are also pretty cool!! Beautiful work!! (and bunnies!)
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

Guys I am in total shock right now!! Never would I have expected a Maxis favourite on one of my builds. This has come as such an unexpected surprise. Thank-you @Ainsleyf and @masajo for your lovely feedback, that means a lot.
    So many amazing entries for this challenge -I'm loving EVERY build- I don't envy the judges having to choose!
    Many thanks @Ainsleyf you're way too kind :)@glen1974 you're very welcome, your build is absolutely fabulous :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @Ainsleyf I might actually make one someday since I visited a Chinese cemetery in my country before. This is in Southeast Asia.
    H19HL6h.jpg
    wAUKphu.jpg
    9VTKF7H.jpg
    Beautiful and inspiring @pronterus with your knowledge and experience I'm sure your creation would be awesome :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ALL

#BnS80 is now closed, we are overwhelmed with the entries that have come in this round, some really amazing creations. Good luck everyone.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Good luck everyone from me too!
    @masajo Such a cute place you created and very much "you" from your builds I have seen. Love your cottage style!
    Hi @Laebeth :)

Congrats @glen1974 on your fav! awesome :) First time I have seen Maxi's pick from this thread.

@Ainsleyf no worries, I checked the packs and it comes from Fitness Stuff ( if I remember right ) I'm waiting for Thanks Giving, last year I found all stuff packs half off and hoping for the same deal this year :p
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

@mannanna thank you!
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @mannanna Hey you! Good to see you :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Many thanks @mannanna :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @mannanna - we've had four or five Maxis Fav's picked from this thread now :O)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Great! I think we deserve it! :D
    edited October 2017
    #BnS 81: The Gypsies

"He looks so sad," you think, studying the teenage boy staring down at the sidewalk as the door behind him shut. As you approach, he looks up and straightens his shoulders. A faint "I'm ok" smile crosses his lips and fails to reach his midnight sky eyes.

Unable to help yourself, you give a friendly, comforting smile. "Is everything ok?"

"I, uh, yeah," he glances back at the door behind him. "Yeah." He repeats, that fake smile leaving his face. Forgetting your presence, he mutters, "It will be fine. I'll find someone else who will help."

You glance at the door, a realtor company. You also frown, knowing them to not always be the most open minded of people. "Wanting to buy a house?" You ask curiously.

He jumps. "Huh? Oh. Kind of. Not really a house. Its fine."

Intrigued you smile, "Maybe I can help."

His eyes brighten, "Really?"

"Maybe," you gesture to a bench across the way. "Lets talk."

A few minutes later, the young man, introduced as Gio Cooper, turns to face you on the bench and begins his story. "My family and I, we travel a lot. Sometimes for work, sometimes just because there's some place we want to go see. We don't have a house really, just some RV's that we use to travel around. Its pretty neat." He sighs, "last year my da got sick. He didn't pay much attention to it. Said he had a cold. Ma finally made him go to the doctor when it didn't go away." His mouth tightens and he swallows hard, "The doctors say that it won't ever go away."

"I'm sorry." Your heart twists for him.

"Yeah. Anyway, the doctors, they say that he had a while yet and Da wants to keep traveling. But he has to keep coming back here, to Willow Creek, now. His doctor is at the hospital here." He falls silent for a while. "So, the rest of the family and me. We want to have a base. Got the money up and everything. But... No one will sell us some land."

You're silent for a moment, then "You will want a bathroom. Maybe a bunkhouse for cold weather. Kind of a lodge maybe." Gio stares at you as you yank out your phone to take notes. "How many RVs are there?"

"Uh...3." He says uncertainly.

"Electrical hook ups..." you trail off muttering to yourself. Then you look up at him. "What budget?"

"$35,000 I think." Gio says, staring at you like you're crazy.

You grin and stand up, "come on. I have a friend who is selling some land." And head off, with Gio scrambling up to follow you.

Brief:
    Create a base for Gio and his family
    • 3 'RV's' (you'll need to put your creative hats on firmly for this one)
    • A lodge for when the weather draws in
    • A communal bathroom area
    • Any lot size 40x30 or larger
    • Budget - $75,000 to include building the three 'RV's'

NB - The number of Sims catered for is up to you on this one, could be 4, could be 20.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Gio Cooper and show him looking around the new site.

Room Challenge:
    Just one RV is required, with a budget of $15,000, but it must include a kitchen area, a dining area, somewhere to sleep and a small water closet. You can find details on how to build an 'apartment' style room (i.e. a room with enclosed area's) here

Please note the change in format to the entry form, if you are entering in more than one area (i.e. Sim and build, or Sim and Room) please post each entry form in a separate post.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Apologies for the delay in getting the new challenge up, but you're all good to go now. Have fun and Happy Simming!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    mannanna wrote: »
    Great! I think we deserve it! :D
    We completely agree with you there @mannanna

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    @BuildnShare I love your new profile picture!!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I love your new profile picture!!
    Thanks @SyddyB206 - we thought it was time for an upgrade :smirk:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited October 2017
    Question - @BuildnShare

The RV we build.. Does it have to look a certain way? There are two different styles of RVs so I didn't know if one or the other would be acceptable.

Should it/Does it have to look

like this: https://gorving.com/_assets/vr_tours/expandable/exterior/7.jpg

or does it need to be

like this: http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/16/51/980x490/landscape-1482179309-4225580294-8d0284103d-o.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Question - @BuildnShare

The RV we build.. Does it have to look a certain way? There are two different styles of RVs so I didn't know if one or the other would be acceptable.

Should it/Does it have to look

like this: https://gorving.com/_assets/vr_tours/expandable/exterior/7.jpg

or does it need to be

like this: http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/16/51/980x490/landscape-1482179309-4225580294-8d0284103d-o.jpg
    @JosieAnglin - Totally up to you :smiley:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited October 2017
    CHALLENGE #81: The Gypsies
    FORUM ID: JosieAnglin
    ORIGIN ID: Netxpre2
    LEVEL: Starting out.
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/048D72C6BC1A11E78E3A61C9B1A42A59
    LOT COST: $3,000
    BUILD COST: $71,182
    TOTAL COST: $74,182
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/kdW6z
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made the "base" for the RVs kind of like a campground. I wanted them to be able to park their RVs and live out of them but then also use the public bathroom/showers as well as the lodge area to hang out together. I added in a few things outdoors for them to do together. Landscaping is very minimal but I wanted to make the RV builds the focal point.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Y11a4xR.jpg
    N57JmEm.jpg
    Post edited by JosieAnglin on
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    edited October 2017
    @JosieAnglin Looks great and I enjoyed looking at in in game! But your DL link does not work for me?

@BuildnShare I have a question. What is a "small water closet"? :blush:
    Post edited by StangMix2 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top