Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• ResSteelResSteel Posts: 63 Member
    This challenge seems really cool! I'm gonna need to bookmark this page so I wont lose it! xD
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @ResSteel Welcome!
    @OJenn I've never had a child with so many monster problems. Every single night we deal with this. Poor Harrison. I figured potty training needed to be dealt with and fast. I feel like that skill takes the longest. I love Zaid though. He's the best. I'm hoping the twins are identical too! I never get identical twins like ever.
    @Rawla I was laughing when Maya popped out. I couldn't believe it. Thankfully, I can deal with twins perfectly fine. Zaid's the best! I love that boy.
    @debjameswhite I was surprised she didn't pass out this time actually. At least it's over now.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @ResSteel Hiiii! Welcome to the crazy fun.

@debjameswhite YAY!! New computer!! :smiley: Sooo excited for you.

@Ojenn - Totally looking forward to another update!

@carlimact - I hope you get identical twins too! I've only ever had one set I believe. Ever. I wish they were more common. Its really fun. :smiley:
    edited October 2017
    Laila gave birth to her 4th child. Thankfully only one. Its a girl! Her name is Summer. (using in-game name generator) Summer had a little potty accident, so Laila is trying to cheer her up. The three oldest children are in school. Its Kristen's first day. The eldest, Jaxon, will be a teen soon.

10-20-17_12-52-17_AM.png?width=749&height=423
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited October 2017
    ResSteel wrote: »
    This challenge seems really cool! I'm gonna need to bookmark this page so I won't lose it! xD

It's definitely fun if you want to join in you are free to do so! No pressure though you can lurk all you want :smile:

@Rawla - Aww little Summer is a gem, I still can not get over how adorable toddlers are. What trait did she get? She seems like a real sweetheart.

@debjameswhite - My avatar is an attempt to make my simself spooky for Halloween :lol:
    edited October 2017
    OJenn wrote: »

@Rawla - Aww little Summer is a gem, I still can not get over how adorable toddlers are. What trait did she get? She seems like a real sweetheart.

She got the inquisitive trait. I totally agree. Toddlers are adorable. :smiley:

She has black hair and blue/grey eyes.
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Rawla Your little Summer is so cute. I really love toddlers too. I still don't have the toddler pack but I think I might get it once I have my new pc, especially if I get my Wolfe family back. If I don't get them back, I'm not going to sweat it. I'm going to start over with Mira and Lawrence as my founders...although I really don't want to have to experience Corabelle and the other woman of that group again!

@ResSteel This challenge is a lot of fun. I'd love to see you join in :)
    So I went to pick up my new laptop today and it wasn't there. Now it's Monday or Tuesday <sigh>
    So I went to pick up my new laptop today and it wasn't there. Now it's Monday or Tuesday <sigh>

:'( That stinks.

What?! Why didn't they have it, or what was their excuse for not having it? Sorry that this is happening to you Deb :(
    What?! Why didn't they have it, or what was their excuse for not having it? Sorry that this is happening to you Deb :(

They blamed FedEx. They said it was supposed to be there by Saturday but was only in Ohio. So here is the part that's really going to make me angry. When my computer first started acting up I thought, "It's just the port you plug the charger into I just need to get that fixed." So my usual computer people were in CA for their daughter's wedding. Feeling impatient, I went to two other places, another small computer shop which gave me a really bad vibe and then to Best Buy and they both told me my motherboard was dead and the guy in the small shop had offered me $550 to get a used version of my computer and just transfer the hard drive and I thought why spend that much money for a used copy of my computer...that just had the mother board die. So when my computer lady came back I just went right to "I need a new gaming lap top"

When I brought my laptop to her Saturday hoping she could transfer my files to the new one she said, "You know, it just might be the port do you want me to check?" So of course I said yes...and if I have two functioning computers after this I'm going to be really angry!! haha
    edited October 2017
    @Debjameswhite - Oh no Deb! On the bright side you could use one as a backup if your lady can fix yours. Did you tell her what the guys at Best Buy said?
    I did tell her. So we'll see on Monday or Tuesday I guess.
    And it wasn't today...where are the updates?? I need a fix!!!
    edited October 2017
    For some reason the forums ate my post :cry:
    @Ojenn I took that family tree post and I went and looked at all of your little people!

So good news/bad news...I think they were able to save my sims. I'll know tomorrow. That's the bad news. No computer today. My motherboard was cracked and I'm oddly relieved.
    edited October 2017
    @Ojenn I took that family tree post and I went and looked at all of your little people!

So good news/bad news...I think they were able to save my sims. I'll know tomorrow. That's the bad news. No computer today. My motherboard was cracked and I'm oddly relieved.

Oh, plum it didn't show my entire post again! I wrote up a post and the forums ate it again. I am going to try again tomorrow. And why relieved Deb? Because you won't have two computers now? I hope your sims were able to be saved. If not at least you have them on the gallery.

P.S. I will be getting a new computer within the next few days as well.
    Hooray! I'm on my new computer!!

@OJenn I just would have felt bad if my old computer would have been fixed simply and I had ordered a really expensive computer. Now there is less guilt! Also, congrats on your new computer!

OMG HAPPY! I did not lose my save :D I just finished downloading the sims and everything is there!
    @debjameswhite - Congrats on finally having the new computer mine was ordered yesterday or Monday, I can't remember! Do you plan to get Cats and Dogs when it comes out? I was thinking of making the next world a choice between Windenburg and Brindleton Bay (the new world coming with Cats and Dogs) Thoughts?
    Hooray! I'm on my new computer!!

@OJenn I just would have felt bad if my old computer would have been fixed simply and I had ordered a really expensive computer. Now there is less guilt! Also, congrats on your new computer!

OMG HAPPY! I did not lose my save :D I just finished downloading the sims and everything is there!

Weeeeee!!!! Oh my goodness, that's awesome! :smiley:<3

@debjameswhite - Congrats on finally having the new computer mine was ordered yesterday or Monday, I can't remember! Do you plan to get Cats and Dogs when it comes out? I was thinking of making the next world a choice between Windenburg and Brindleton Bay (the new world coming with Cats and Dogs) Thoughts?

I preordered. Why not both worlds? *grins* I have a few Sims that can be placed in the gene pool. And I'd LOVE to create a ton more if you need any. Congrats on your own computer too! Bet you're excited. :smiley:
    @OJenn I would be ok with that...I remember being sad that I couldn't play in a new world when we were doing willow creek :)

I do plan to get cats and dogs...I'm kinda thinking about getting vampires too.

Look...Lucas is happy too :)
    y7hpM.png
    @Rawla - Both! Oh my gosh I would be so lost lmao! It would be up to you which world you picked (or if you picked both). I personally can't rotate that much. Alternatively, we could do 5 generations in those two worlds that way if someone picked Windenburg they wouldn't have to go through ten generations. Just tossing out ideas at this point. So a new person in the challenge would start with Willow Creek, then Oasis then pick Brindleton Bay or Windenburg. That way it doesn't get too confusing in the thread?

@debjameswhite - I am going to start looking for sims here soon I have a list somewhere around here. Welcome back Lucas!
    I am going to try posting an update again and hope the forums don't eat it this time.

In my last update Kato and Brielle tied the knot!
    de3d67422d.jpg

The family learned that it would be growing soon
    6765a2493f.png

Briellemoved her little family back in with her parents who were happy to have some company again.
    7118b9e807.jpg

Brielle gave birth to Ty and Kara not long after that
    7debae2f52.jpg

Grandma Raelyn spend as much time with the wee ones as she could
    e50bc14227.jpg

And Brielle was able to complete her aspiration with all the extra help
    5bcb76682b.png

Right before the kids birthdays tragedy struck and Grim paid the family a visit. Tate was the first to go to my surprise since he had more days remaining
    4e5c6fd1d5.jpg

And as Mira went to lay him to rest she passed away too
    2f404ec68a.jpg

The family cemetery has grown +2 (Left to right: Amira (founder), Kamila (gen2), Raelyn (gen3) and husband Tate)
    ee2c6b9e75.jpg

Update: Just posted the storyline for the optional towns on the main page, this way the reason for choosing one or the other has a nice little story tie-in :smile: They will have the same genepool once I start searching.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top