September 29th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Choosing a romantic partner

2...Next

Comments

• a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I always create the spouse for the next generation heir. The rest of the kids marry townies.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If I feel it's time for a sim to have a romantic partner, I create that partner specific to them. Since original Sims, I've never used townies/premades for anything. I usually make every sim in my game. I can't do anything about the mailmen, bartenders, spa workers etc in this game. It will always generate sims to be somewhere. I just don't interact with them. Unless my sims social is pretty low and they need to talk to someone.

But nope. Romantics and partners are only when I say and to who I say.
  • the1975the1975 Posts: 82 Member
    I always use townies or premades. I don't think I've ever created a sim for the purpose of them being a romantic partner for another sim! I have downloaded a few sims at times to be possible romantic prospects but funny enough, my sims never ended up with them.
  • LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    It's weird to me that there are all these wonderful Sims sitting in the cloud someplace in my game - "Not in World", Sims that I've downloaded from the Gallery or have created or simply have tweaked as they appeared in the game, and when I'm looking for a partner for one of my Sims, they are no where to be seen! I don't understand that part.

Sometimes, I have a Sim in mind for another Sim and, if they live in a home, I'll have the first Sim go to the house and introduce themselves. Sometimes, my Sims meet organically. And then there's the wishingwell that I used once for Johnny Zest. Johnny didn't give the well enough $$$ and the well punished him for it by sending the worst date ever. It was hate at first sight. Frankly, it was hate for me as well since this was not a Sim I could approve of and I had decided to make Johnny gay. So I edited the Sim in CAS, including the gender. It was a rough date, the guy was irked with Johnny the whole time, even though Johnny tried his best. But then he called Johnny out of the blue the next day and the romance meter rose sharpely after that. They were married within two days.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I tend to fill up my towns with gallery, my own, premades and off course townies pop in so it really depends on who my sims meet and how they are with another sim.
    When it comes to romance I like them to make their own choice, so usually it tend to be a friend that they begin to flirt with when they are in the mood.
    Sometimes I have a specific story line so I do pick their spouse but that usually ends in tears (I love a bit of drama)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Nah can't trust those townies genetics..I have a thing for my legacy Sims and their generations staying pretty so I make thier partners myself (with family members of course) and sometimes even take a quick peep at what their future kids would look like in CAS

Same. I don't want to sound shallow but the premades and generated townies have very exaggerated features which does not pass on very well.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    It's weird to me that there are all these wonderful Sims sitting in the cloud someplace in my game - "Not in World", Sims that I've downloaded from the Gallery or have created or simply have tweaked as they appeared in the game, and when I'm looking for a partner for one of my Sims, they are no where to be seen! I don't understand that part.

Sometimes, I have a Sim in mind for another Sim and, if they live in a home, I'll have the first Sim go to the house and introduce themselves. Sometimes, my Sims meet organically. And then there's the wishingwell that I used once for Johnny Zest. Johnny didn't give the well enough $$$ and the well punished him for it by sending the worst date ever. It was hate at first sight. Frankly, it was hate for me as well since this was not a Sim I could approve of and I had decided to make Johnny gay. So I edited the Sim in CAS, including the gender. It was a rough date, the guy was irked with Johnny the whole time, even though Johnny tried his best. But then he called Johnny out of the blue the next day and the romance meter rose sharpely after that. They were married within two days.

The issue of sims from the "bin" made by you not appearing on public lots can be solved by creating a group for all of them and assigning the club some activities like drinking, dancing, etc. The clubs should have autonomous meetings around the world then :)
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I send them out on a man/woman hunt and whoever reciprocates, be it townie or premade, gets relentlessly pursued until they get them to move in or get hitched. My current sim has just married Akira Kibo. No idea if they're suited, they just got friendly during the romance festival, the spur of the moment proposal popped up and I thought 'why not'. He kept flirting with everything afterwards though (whilst being really, really jealous) so I don't know if the marriage will stick :lol:
  • INeedAVacationINeedAVacation Posts: 32 Member
    To be honest, my Sim really hit it off with another Sim in the game. So I thought "fair enough". They're now married and expecting a baby.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    i usually make one
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,289 Member
    It all depends on the specific sim that I'm actively playing. They all pair off in different ways depending upon their personalities and cultures. I look for them to "click" with someone usually or the reason that someone is into someone else.

A mix of edited townies (I generally edit them and sometimes there are some naturally good-looking ones where I don't have to do much), pre-mades and sims that I've made. I don't make as many sims these days but it does happen sometimes. It all depends on how the plot for a given sim is unfolding. Each sim tends to have a "type" or an approach to dating which helps me narrow it down.

I do sometimes let them date a few and then choose the best match. Some of them click with a particular sim quite quickly. Sometimes I have a plotline going on.

Some sims also stay single a lot longer than others. Some of those are players and some of those are not.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    I have a lot of families in my save. And I plan who will be dating with whom.
    pncFLnjBj
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    All of the above. :) Even though creating them myself is the least used way I go about my Sims’ relationships.

Typically, I’ll find a bunch of Sims on the gallery (whether a part of families or by themselves) and add them to my game and then I’ll go through all of my townies as well.
    My Sims can then meet them whenever they’re out and about, but rarely do I ever force a meeting between two particular Sims... Unless they’re those I’ve requested from other Simmers, which I have done a few times here before. :)
  • HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    edited October 2017
    Depends on how I'm feeling, but in my current save I made a partner for my sim. If I decide have my sim partner a townie, I use CAS to make them more attractive :)
  • haileyvdhaileyvd Posts: 28 Member
    99% of the time I will get my sim to marry the best looking townie I have found for them. If time is running out and I haven't come across a townie that isn't absolutely horrifying looking, then I will make the sim a spouse.
  • Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    I just create it .
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 26,672 Member
    Deadtech5 wrote: »
    So when choosing a romantic partner for your sim, do you create a sim, find one in the gallery, or one of the townies? And how do you make them meet each other, like do you merge them into the household or do you let them meet naturally in the world?

Since I play characters I create myself, I generally create their mates for them. As for how I have them meet, I've done both of what you said. Sometimes I drop the person of interest with their family into my Sims' neighborhood and hope they meet on their own. Which can be problematic unless I give myself lots of time and no pressure. Or, I'll simply merge them into the household so I can control both parties. Right now, I'm playing a rotation save. It's my ancestors, (which is as close as I'll ever get to playing myself). Since they lived over 200 years ago, their parents and siblings are who they are. So, I've got my six times (or 6th) great-grandfather's family as house #1. And his first wife's family as house #2. Once they meet and wed, they're household will become house #3. I created both families in CAS, using the earlier likeness of the future couple to create their parents and siblings. I also have a mod, since in those days they had numerous children.

If I get impatient, then I'll just have the active Sim travel to the lot of the prospective spouse, so they can meet.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    edited October 2017
    The way I choose the partner is based on whim. It's always whatever i'm feeling like in game. sometimes i will create sims and place them in game and if my sim comes across them, i'll introduce.

These are the sims I have http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15157700/#Comment_15157700

If you get them from the gallery you're welcome to use the ones I make. I'm on a roll creating new sims so you might subscribe even.
    Post edited by MeteoricDragon on
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    In regular gameplay, I just grab someone off the street. :lol: Although if they already have a good relationship with someone, I go with them instead. Age doesn't matter to me, either. A YA can hook up with an Elder. I don't care. I also don't care about gender.

If I'm doing a challenge, though, I tend to be pickier. A lot of challenges require you to generate the traits of children depending on the parents' traits, so I try to find someone with good traits. I almost always have them get married, too, for the mood boost. I try to pick out their traits by giving the children the Observant reward trait, although that doesn't work 100% of the time (like, when they talk to someone before officially "meeting" them). Age is also more important to me in this case, as is gender, if the heir cannot be adopted. (I know two men or two women can have a child together if you change their get pregnant/impregnate settings, but as far as I know, the Townies are all cisgender) I try to get my heir married and having children as quickly as possible. They need another Young Adult because I don't want their spouse dying too soon (and, obviously, Elders cannot get pregnant).
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    I usually make one and try to make them meet naturally, but whenever I plop the sim into the world, they never show up a n y w h e r e. I take my sim to nightclubs and bars, hoping for that romantic interest to show, but no luck. Then I eventually give up and wind up taking my sim to their house instead. :D

IMG-6587.gif
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,034 Member
    I use the MC Command mod, so the game marries and impregnates the non-played townies in my game. So, when my played families' offspring ages up to young adult there are other age appropriate sims available for romance. I only resort to the gallery if I can't find a partner that's already in the game.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 449 Member
    I try to find a partner first with the townies, if I can't find a suitable match, than I will create a few choices and see how things work out. I generally try going to a festival, a bowling alley or a karaoke bar with my eligible sim.
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    I really haven't gotten to the partner for life stage yet for any of my sims. I tend to focus on their careers first. But I have a huge crush on Caleb Vatore so I tend to go after him.
    I know it's possible but I've only rarely had my sim flirt/be flirted with autonomously. I'm really lucky this game play that Caleb naturally likes my sim it seems. Makes me proud. *wipes away tear*

I think I would say I would let my sim find a match with the basic NPC that roam. I rarely go on the gallery and I even more rarely create more than one sim for my game play.
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    I usually either go straight into CAS or go to the gallery and modify the sim. I try to get them to meet naturally, but sometimes they just don't. And then I just make one randomly show up to the other's house. Haha
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I usually make a romantic partner for my Sim, I may try to date a townie this time.