Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 4 forgotten hollow secret location

Does anyone know anything about the secret location found in Forgotten Hollow, located in the cliff wall just northeast of the empty lot/right-hand side lot? I tried getting one of my vampire sims to open it but all I get is the red circle with a line throw it (no entry).

Comments

• PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    There is no secret location in Forgotten Hollow. It's just visual you can't do anything with it.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    There is no secret location in Forgotten Hollow. It's just visual you can't do anything with it.

That sucks!! (no pun intended)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I find FH very relaxing to watch. I pan the camera out so I can see the centre of the town; it's so peaceful with the odd sim walking around.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

This.

I had hope for more. And wish they expanded them a little as you don't have much space to edit them.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It looks to me like they were going to do something, then didn't bother.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Man, I wish. That mine totally looks like something you could have broken into and entered. Welcome to the bat cave, guys.

Or heck, maybe if you did something with the statues in the forest, you could have discovered a secret underground cave/dungeon or something. Another premade vampire would live there, much like the hermit, and this vampire has been sleeping for hundreds of years and you just woke them up from their slumber. You're their next meal. Great job, human.
    (or, if your sim is already a vampire too, you can ask this guy for some training. it's whatever)

None of these things are real in the game, I just had ideas.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I was wondering about this. What a great (but sad) missed opportunity. I definitely thought it was going to lead to another secret world/lot.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i seem to recall one of the gurus mentioning something along the lines of "the first three secret lots (up to sixam) didn't go over well with the playerbase, so it was decided they weren't worth making anymore". if I recall, that came up around the time newcrest was revealed. and should have been mentioned again sometime around the release of vampires, but a super quick search didn't bring anything up.

either way, it's saddening. i'll miss the potential secret lots we have (and will) miss.
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i seem to recall one of the gurus mentioning something along the lines of "the first three secret lots (up to sixam) didn't go over well with the playerbase, so it was decided they weren't worth making anymore". if I recall, that came up around the time newcrest was revealed. and should have been mentioned again sometime around the release of vampires, but a super quick search didn't bring anything up.

either way, it's saddening. i'll miss the potential secret lots we have (and will) miss.

whaaaat
    not received well with the playerbase?? who hates these secret lots? i'm gonna fight them

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    and, here we go. from commentary brought up in the cats and dogs livestream:

"Why no secret lot? Because player data shows 95% of players have never gone to the secret lots."
    kalaksed wrote: »
    and, here we go. from commentary brought up in the cats and dogs livestream:

"Why no secret lot? Because player data shows 95% of players have never gone to the secret lots."

Ah right, so I'm guessing nobody goes there because most people don't manage to discover them in the first place. I have no idea. How many casual players actually look up Sims stuff while they're not playing? I know I only found out about these lots through some video.

But honestly. They're totally worth it once you get there, at least I think so. I may have only visited the fairy one so far, which is by far the easiest one to get to, but I am definitely planning on visiting the other ones too once I am able to. I love easter eggs like this.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    Secret Lots are great. True, you don't automatically find them, but they're such fun to find.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I enjoy the secret lots. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    there's nothing to do in those lots besides fish.
    maybe if they made them more interesting, players would actually use them.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited November 2017
    The reason the developers don't do the secret lots is because about 10% of players have been to Sixam while about 5% of players have been to other secret lots. Beside from collecting, there are nothing to do in the base game secret lots.
    -Info taken from The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs latest life stream
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Well you can use the enable free build cheat to build on the secret lots. I've done this plenty of times in the past. Sylvan Glades was my most used. Its only a small building area but you can make it a little sim getaway. I created my sim a painting shack. Best of all its free for sims to stay. I do hope they rethink about adding more secret lots in future content. I really enjoy them as a player and a builder.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    The reason the developers don't do the secret lots is because about 10% of players have been to Sixam while about 5% of players have been to other secret lots. Beside from collecting, there are nothing to do in the base game secret lots.
    -Info taken from The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs latest life stream

And how, pray tell, do they know that? Does Origin monitor our every move? Did they take a poll? Only what they do? Maybe there should be 2 versions of this game, the current one for the marketed to teeny-boppers and one more like the prior versions for the rest of us who take gaming seriously. A secret lot in the Hollow has great potential for more than fishing and collecting.
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    If you play online Origin send data to EA. Its how the sims 4 did the trick or treat event last year or the year before. Players had to choose which side to pick and trick or treat other sims in game to win the items offered. They have even tracked a woohoo event before.
    Hmmm... George Orwell is part of the EA team... Thanks for the word. I wonder if part of the problem is that of the three secret worlds (assuming a player knows about them in the first place) is that only one is comparatively easy to get to. One requires level 10 handiness skill, and the other a rocket ship and/or a certain level in the science career. Not everyone is going to go down either of those routes. Seems like a stacked deck to me, hard to hear about, harder to get to, and little to do once there. Like they didn't want them in the first place and made sure there would be no repeats. A pity we can't make our own, lots of potential there.
  • K8ePK8eP Posts: 4 New Member
    I read ‘playerbase’ as some kinda programming jargon...
    ... I think that’s what I want to think, anyway
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Hmmm... George Orwell is part of the EA team... Thanks for the word. I wonder if part of the problem is that of the three secret worlds (assuming a player knows about them in the first place) is that only one is comparatively easy to get to. One requires level 10 handiness skill, and the other a rocket ship and/or a certain level in the science career. Not everyone is going to go down either of those routes. Seems like a stacked deck to me, hard to hear about, harder to get to, and little to do once there. Like they didn't want them in the first place and made sure there would be no repeats. A pity we can't make our own, lots of potential there.

Agreed. I think that if they made the lots unlockable for the save once discovered by a Sim, then people might use them. Skilling up to ten or getting through a whole career with every sim you want to go visit a lot is unreasonable. Plus, they didn't put much to do or discover in the base game hidden lots.
    #Team Occult
    That just sounds like stats they're pulling out of thin air.

"Well, we don't really have resources for secret lots so we'll tell the playerbase they don't want them."

They're not supposed to be EASY - but you don't need to unlock them for every generation. Just once.
  • ZiilieuZiilieu Posts: 5 New Member
    So much potential in Forgotten Hallow with the Shrubbery Tapestry. Liked to have seen a secret garden'esc door revealed.
    Remember that the 'you create, you rule' line is but a marketing lie to induce us to buy. Truth is, in effect "We created, we rule, you -peasants - do as we say." Very Orwellian of them.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    They should update the Vampire Gameplay to increase the size of the Village, have an actual Hidden World & Count Dracula with Capes and better Hairstyles.