Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Thanks for the shoutout!
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    Thanks for the shoutout @mastressalita !
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • LadyGadivaLadyGadiva Posts: 6 New Member
    I have made up what I think is a new challenge, though it incorporates some rags to riches with legacy rules. I call it the Hermit Challenge. Please tell me what you think. Sincerely AkiniSims

SIMS 4 Hermit challange Rules

IN THE BEGINNING
    The theme must be earthy tones, green, browns, since your living off the land till you can afford a house and shop.
    you must have the outdoor enthusiast goal, you must have loves outdoors and creative traits the third trait is up to you.
    you have a male teen on normal lifespan, once he reaches young adult you may turn off aging.
    you can buy herb books, baking books and woodworking table, you can buy the easil if you can afford it and either the cot or tent and campfire with one outside chair with the money from your sims. Whatever is left over must be taken away with testingcheats true/on then type in money 0. Control Alt Shift brings up the cheat bar at the top.

You must get at least 1 or more behaviour to max to get a trait like responsible as a teen
    you can start working on writing and herbalism skill as a teen or wait till you are young adult.
    you may have a job as a teen but not as a young adult or adult. As a young adult you can collect any rock or plant. get money from the books you publish and paints you sell

The first girlfriend you can marry but you can only marry once. you may move in any girl but you cannot marry them unless its the first marriage. You can not move in a wife and gf or two gf at once. you have to live with one woman at a time. With each woman you move in you keep whatever money or belongings she has and sell whatever is not useful.
    once the wife or gf have children you can kill off the wife or move out the wife. You can kill any gf's you may have after the first wife. you keep all the kids and raise them however you wish.

I chose the baking skill, writing, painting, herbalism. you don't need to have the baking. my first wife was a vampire so she was easy to kill off.
    The challenge is like black widow meets runaway teen meets rags to riches the difference is you must have a male sim.

THE HOUSE
    you cannot have a house till your raise the money to build one with a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and a room for your woodworking/painting/computer through the money you earn selling collectables or your published work. you may have an easel if you can afford it and sell off your paintings. You must live in a wooded area. or make it look like a forest. You cannot live in Forgotten Hallow.
    Once you have a shack, then raise the money for the land where the shop goes, the cheapest one is 1,500 semolian's plus the money to build the shop/bakery/restaurant. So raise about a total of 10k for land and shop.

THE GOAL
    The goal of the challenge is to raise enough money to build a store/restaurant/café and build your dream home or get the most expensive mansion with the most rooms for your 7 kids. The house goes to the first born and he or she can start the challenge. Any other kids after the first born may be moved out once they hit teens or young adult. All teens must have a job. If any children die or are taken away you lose the challenge. you must have 7 sims at all times until you have a 7 bedroom mansion and all the sims of the 100th generation are vampires with the Herbalism, Master Vamp, Family Vamp Aspiration. The last person of the last generation must then kill or turn back all the vampires in his or her family. The last person of the last generation can have any Aspiration as long as it helps them kill the rest of its family. If it is turned or dies before completing its goal then you lose.

Once pets comes out I may revise the rules to allow one pet in the family which would make 6 kids one adult and one dog/cat. Also I may allow one of the kids to be a vet as long as its not the first born. The heir can help run the shop and any teens that you may have can run the shop.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    The Official Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

Please visit the Stories and Legacies Index to check out these stories and more!

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • phiez , who is writing Taylor Newcrest Legacy for Sims 4!

Please check them out from the index story listing!

New Stories:

The following authors have started new stories!
    • @AuroraLockwood has started The Family Black for Sims 4!
    • @Bloudwed has started Heir 2 Ruins for Sims 4 at "KISS: Keep It Simply Sims"!
    • @CathyTea has started Zuki Suzuki for Sims 4 at "Cathy Tea's Simlit Anthology"!
    • @cattrz has started Flashback Series for Sims 4 at "Cat's Simblr"!
    • @Darra84 has started Road to Fame, a Let's Play series for Sims 4 at "Daalia's YouTube Channel"!
    • @gnasling has started Champion of Moonlight for Sims 3 at "Not Just a Book Sims"!
    • @LadyLobster has started From Fangs to Fae Dreams for Sims 4 at "Fangs for the Memories"!
    • @lisabee2 has started Era of Charming Tales for Sims 4 at "lisabeesims"!
    • @pepper090889 has started 100 Baby Challenge, a Let's Play series for Sims 4 at "Artsie-Simmer"!
    • @SamelaRita has started The Orphanage Renovacy and Natalya Danilova: A Renovacy for Sims 3 at "Samela's Stories"!
    • @TheNay83 has started Burning Sim for Sims 3 at "Montigo Universe"!
    • @thuggishsplicer has started McIntyre Legacy for Sims 3 at "Gamer's Corner"!
    • @xoxJennxox has started Sliding Doors Challenge for Sims 3 at "Sims 2, 3, and 4 Challenges"!

You can check them out from the index story listing!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations to the following authors for completing stories!
    • @AudreyFld for completing Starting Over: Escape to Nowhere for Sims 3!
    • GayBachelor for completing Collins Manor for Sims 4 at "The Gay Bachelor"!
    • @lisabee2 for completing Rose White: Search for a King for Sims 4 at "lisabeesims"!
    • @PrincessSimcess for completing Beauty and the Beast for Sims 4 at "Princess Simcess"!
    • @xJojox for completing Fine Lines for Sims 4!

Please make sure to check them out from the index story listing!

Returning Stories:

The following stories have returned!

Check them out in the index story listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the following stories which have updated recently!
    • @Bloudwed 's Movin' On Up for Sims 4 at "KISS: Keep It Simply Sims"!
    • @Chaos_fairy 's Bloom Legacy for Sims 4 at "Chaosfairysims"!
    • @Darra84 's Let's Play The Sims Freeplay for Sims Freeplay at "Daalia's YouTube Channel"!
    • @Eileen0001 's Delios Legacy for Sims 4 at "Cederville Heights Simblr"!
    • @ginnymalfoy22 's The Dyer LEPacy for Sims 3 at "Anneliese MB's YouTube Channel"!
    • @illusie 's The Keller Family: A Drifter Challenge for Sims 4 at "Illusie's Creative Corner"!
    • @itsjulie 's Through Colourblind Eyes for Sims 3!
    • @Jes2G 's F.I.S.H. for Sims 4 at "Stories by Jes2G"!
    • Michelle 's Unbridled for Sims 3!
    • Nicole 's About a Boy for Sims 4 at "pixeltrashcan"!
    • @Ny275 's Whisper for Sims 4 at "Ny's Sim Stories"!
    • @Jase 's The Rhodes Legacy for Sims 4 at "Jase's Sims"!
    • @mypalsim1 's Chain Reaction for Sims 4 at "Random Simming"!
    • @PalmArrow 's Sunlit Tides Surfing Academy for Sims 3!
    • @SamelaRita 's Talisman for Sims 3 at "Samela's Stories"!
    • @Sarahkay 's Only Time Will Tell for Sims 4!
    • @Snowie 's History Challenge for Sims 4 at "Snowie's YouTube Channel"!
    • @ThePartySim 's A Graying World for Sims 3!
    • @Thrippa 's Gilt Sparrows: A Fifty Foal Challenge for Sims 3!

You can find them in the index story listing!

Milestones:

Congratulations to the following authors for reaching story milestones!
    • @Bugsie2016 for completing Generation Two of The Burton Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @Piazzagirl1015 for completing House Four of Diary of a Drifter for Sims 4!
    • Rosie for completing Part One of Baggage Claim for Sims 3 at "Rosie Sims"!
    • Sims and Stories for completing Generation One of The Adams Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @xoxJennxox for completing Generation Two of A Small ISBI for Sims 3!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors for receiving the Liebster Award!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors for receiving the Memory Lane Challenge Award!

You can find all these works listed in the index story listing, so please go give them a look!

Other News and Reminders:

Just a reminder, I've noticed that a lot of authors are Following the Stories and Legacies Index on Wordpress without submitting their own Simlit site to be part of the directory listing! This is of course fine -- submitting your story site to the directory is completely optional, and anyone is welcome to Follow the Stories and Legacies Index blog to receive news and updates from the Simlit story community, but I just wanted to make sure that no one was confused and thought that Following was a requisite for getting your site listed with the Stories and Legacies Index. The only way to have your site added to the Stories and Legacies Index listing is to fill out the submission form located on the front page of the Stories and Legacies Index, just below the Guidelines. Once the submission form is filled out and submitted, the information is e-mailed to me, and your site information will be added the next time I update the index (this can take approximately a week to two weeks), and you'll get a mention in my next newsfeed. There have been a few rare occassions where Wordpress has eaten a submission form, so if you know you submitted a form and it was not added in a recent update, feel free to PM me the information listed on the form and I'll do my best to rush your entry. Note that only those story sites that are listed with the Stories and Legacies Index are featured in the Stories and Legacies Index newsfeeds. Thanks!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    Thanks for the shoutout!
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited October 2017
    @mastressalita Thanks for the shoutout!
    I do hope I can keep this story this time, since the others wound up being scrapped. XD
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    The Official Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

Please visit the Stories and Legacies Index to check out these stories and more!

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • phiez , who is writing Taylor Newcrest Legacy for Sims 4!

Please check them out from the index story listing!

New Stories:

The following authors have started new stories!
    • @AuroraLockwood has started The Family Black for Sims 4!
    • @Bloudwed has started Heir 2 Ruins for Sims 4 at "KISS: Keep It Simply Sims"!
    • @CathyTea has started Zuki Suzuki for Sims 4 at "Cathy Tea's Simlit Anthology"!
    • @cattrz has started Flashback Series for Sims 4 at "Cat's Simblr"!
    • @Darra84 has started Road to Fame, a Let's Play series for Sims 4 at "Daalia's YouTube Channel"!
    • @gnasling has started Champion of Moonlight for Sims 3 at "Not Just a Book Sims"!
    • @LadyLobster has started From Fangs to Fae Dreams for Sims 4 at "Fangs for the Memories"!
    • @lisabee2 has started Era of Charming Tales for Sims 4 at "lisabeesims"!
    • @pepper090889 has started 100 Baby Challenge, a Let's Play series for Sims 4 at "Artsie-Simmer"!
    • @SamelaRita has started The Orphanage Renovacy and Natalya Danilova: A Renovacy for Sims 3 at "Samela's Stories"!
    • @TheNay83 has started Burning Sim for Sims 3 at "Montigo Universe"!
    • @thuggishsplicer has started McIntyre Legacy for Sims 3 at "Gamer's Corner"!
    • @xoxJennxox has started Sliding Doors Challenge for Sims 3 at "Sims 2, 3, and 4 Challenges"!

You can check them out from the index story listing!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations to the following authors for completing stories!
    • @AudreyFld for completing Starting Over: Escape to Nowhere for Sims 3!
    • GayBachelor for completing Collins Manor for Sims 4 at "The Gay Bachelor"!
    • @lisabee2 for completing Rose White: Search for a King for Sims 4 at "lisabeesims"!
    • @PrincessSimcess for completing Beauty and the Beast for Sims 4 at "Princess Simcess"!
    • @xJojox for completing Fine Lines for Sims 4!

Please make sure to check them out from the index story listing!

Returning Stories:

The following stories have returned!

Check them out in the index story listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the following stories which have updated recently!
    • @Bloudwed 's Movin' On Up for Sims 4 at "KISS: Keep It Simply Sims"!
    • @Chaos_fairy 's Bloom Legacy for Sims 4 at "Chaosfairysims"!
    • @Darra84 's Let's Play The Sims Freeplay for Sims Freeplay at "Daalia's YouTube Channel"!
    • @Eileen0001 's Delios Legacy for Sims 4 at "Cederville Heights Simblr"!
    • @ginnymalfoy22 's The Dyer LEPacy for Sims 3 at "Anneliese MB's YouTube Channel"!
    • @illusie 's The Keller Family: A Drifter Challenge for Sims 4 at "Illusie's Creative Corner"!
    • @itsjulie 's Through Colourblind Eyes for Sims 3!
    • @Jes2G 's F.I.S.H. for Sims 4 at "Stories by Jes2G"!
    • Michelle 's Unbridled for Sims 3!
    • Nicole 's About a Boy for Sims 4 at "pixeltrashcan"!
    • @Ny275 's Whisper for Sims 4 at "Ny's Sim Stories"!
    • @Jase 's The Rhodes Legacy for Sims 4 at "Jase's Sims"!
    • @mypalsim1 's Chain Reaction for Sims 4 at "Random Simming"!
    • @PalmArrow 's Sunlit Tides Surfing Academy for Sims 3!
    • @SamelaRita 's Talisman for Sims 3 at "Samela's Stories"!
    • @Sarahkay 's Only Time Will Tell for Sims 4!
    • @Snowie 's History Challenge for Sims 4 at "Snowie's YouTube Channel"!
    • @ThePartySim 's A Graying World for Sims 3!
    • @Thrippa 's Gilt Sparrows: A Fifty Foal Challenge for Sims 3!

You can find them in the index story listing!

Milestones:

Congratulations to the following authors for reaching story milestones!
    • @Bugsie2016 for completing Generation Two of The Burton Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @Piazzagirl1015 for completing House Four of Diary of a Drifter for Sims 4!
    • Rosie for completing Part One of Baggage Claim for Sims 3 at "Rosie Sims"!
    • Sims and Stories for completing Generation One of The Adams Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @xoxJennxox for completing Generation Two of A Small ISBI for Sims 3!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors for receiving the Liebster Award!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors for receiving the Memory Lane Challenge Award!

You can find all these works listed in the index story listing, so please go give them a look!

Other News and Reminders:

Just a reminder, I've noticed that a lot of authors are Following the Stories and Legacies Index on Wordpress without submitting their own Simlit site to be part of the directory listing! This is of course fine -- submitting your story site to the directory is completely optional, and anyone is welcome to Follow the Stories and Legacies Index blog to receive news and updates from the Simlit story community, but I just wanted to make sure that no one was confused and thought that Following was a requisite for getting your site listed with the Stories and Legacies Index. The only way to have your site added to the Stories and Legacies Index listing is to fill out the submission form located on the front page of the Stories and Legacies Index, just below the Guidelines. Once the submission form is filled out and submitted, the information is e-mailed to me, and your site information will be added the next time I update the index (this can take approximately a week to two weeks), and you'll get a mention in my next newsfeed. There have been a few rare occassions where Wordpress has eaten a submission form, so if you know you submitted a form and it was not added in a recent update, feel free to PM me the information listed on the form and I'll do my best to rush your entry. Note that only those story sites that are listed with the Stories and Legacies Index are featured in the Stories and Legacies Index newsfeeds. Thanks!

TY @mastressalita for the mention <3 .. it is going slowly BUT it is going! <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • phiezphiez Posts: 13 New Member
    > @mastressalita said:
    > The Official Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed
    >
    > Please visit the Stories and Legacies Index to check out these stories and more!
    >
    > New Sign-ups:
    >
    > The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    >
    > * phiez , who is writing Taylor Newcrest Legacy for Sims 4!
    >
    >
    > Please check them out from the index story listing!
    >
    > New Stories:
    >
    > The following authors have started new stories!
    >
    > * @AuroraLockwood has started The Family Black for Sims 4!
    > * @Bloudwed has started Heir 2 Ruins for Sims 4 at "KISS: Keep It Simply Sims"!
    > * @CathyTea has started Zuki Suzuki for Sims 4 at "Cathy Tea's Simlit Anthology"!
    > * @cattrz has started Flashback Series for Sims 4 at "Cat's Simblr"!
    > * @Darra84 has started Road to Fame, a Let's Play series for Sims 4 at "Daalia's YouTube Channel"!
    > * @gnasling has started Champion of Moonlight for Sims 3 at "Not Just a Book Sims"!
    > * @LadyLobster has started From Fangs to Fae Dreams for Sims 4 at "Fangs for the Memories"!
    > * @lisabee2 has started Era of Charming Tales for Sims 4 at "lisabeesims"!
    > * @pepper090889 has started 100 Baby Challenge, a Let's Play series for Sims 4 at "Artsie-Simmer"!
    > * @SamelaRita has started The Orphanage Renovacy and Natalya Danilova: A Renovacy for Sims 3 at "Samela's Stories"!
    > * @TheNay83 has started Burning Sim for Sims 3 at "Montigo Universe"!
    > * @thuggishsplicer has started McIntyre Legacy for Sims 3 at "Gamer's Corner"!
    > * @xoxJennxox has started Sliding Doors Challenge for Sims 3 at "Sims 2, 3, and 4 Challenges"!
    >
    >
    > You can check them out from the index story listing!
    >
    > Completed Stories:
    >
    > Congratulations to the following authors for completing stories!
    >
    > * @AudreyFld for completing Starting Over: Escape to Nowhere for Sims 3!
    > * GayBachelor for completing Collins Manor for Sims 4 at "The Gay Bachelor"!
    > * @lisabee2 for completing Rose White: Search for a King for Sims 4 at "lisabeesims"!
    > * @PrincessSimcess for completing Beauty and the Beast for Sims 4 at "Princess Simcess"!
    > * @xJojox for completing Fine Lines for Sims 4!
    >
    >
    > Please make sure to check them out from the index story listing!
    >
    > Returning Stories:
    >
    > The following stories have returned!
    >
    > * @anaitapeva 's Potira Tribe for Sims 4 at "Sig's Simblr"!
    > * @Cyazurai 's In the Shade for Sims 3!
    > * @Simsophonique 's Miss V Detective B-Sides for Sims 3!
    > * @xoxJennxox 's The Parker Alphabetacy for Sims 3!
    >
    >
    > Check them out in the index story listing!
    >
    > Random Shoutouts:
    >
    > Check out the following stories which have updated recently!
    >
    > * @Bloudwed 's Movin' On Up for Sims 4 at "KISS: Keep It Simply Sims"!
    > * @Chaos_fairy 's Bloom Legacy for Sims 4 at "Chaosfairysims"!
    > * @Darra84 's Let's Play The Sims Freeplay for Sims Freeplay at "Daalia's YouTube Channel"!
    > * @Eileen0001 's Delios Legacy for Sims 4 at "Cederville Heights Simblr"!
    > * @ginnymalfoy22 's The Dyer LEPacy for Sims 3 at "Anneliese MB's YouTube Channel"!
    > * @illusie 's The Keller Family: A Drifter Challenge for Sims 4 at "Illusie's Creative Corner"!
    > * @itsjulie 's Through Colourblind Eyes for Sims 3!
    > * @Jes2G 's F.I.S.H. for Sims 4 at "Stories by Jes2G"!
    > * Michelle 's Unbridled for Sims 3!
    > * Nicole 's About a Boy for Sims 4 at "pixeltrashcan"!
    > * @Ny275 's Whisper for Sims 4 at "Ny's Sim Stories"!
    > * @Jase 's The Rhodes Legacy for Sims 4 at "Jase's Sims"!
    > * @mypalsim1 's Chain Reaction for Sims 4 at "Random Simming"!
    > * @PalmArrow 's Sunlit Tides Surfing Academy for Sims 3!
    > * @SamelaRita 's Talisman for Sims 3 at "Samela's Stories"!
    > * @Sarahkay 's Only Time Will Tell for Sims 4!
    > * @Snowie 's History Challenge for Sims 4 at "Snowie's YouTube Channel"!
    > * @ThePartySim 's A Graying World for Sims 3!
    > * @Thrippa 's Gilt Sparrows: A Fifty Foal Challenge for Sims 3!
    >
    >
    > You can find them in the index story listing!
    >
    > Milestones:
    >
    > Congratulations to the following authors for reaching story milestones!
    >
    > * @Bugsie2016 for completing Generation Two of The Burton Legacy for Sims 4!
    > * @Piazzagirl1015 for completing House Four of Diary of a Drifter for Sims 4!
    > * Rosie for completing Part One of Baggage Claim for Sims 3 at "Rosie Sims"!
    > * Sims and Stories for completing Generation One of The Adams Legacy for Sims 4!
    > * @xoxJennxox for completing Generation Two of A Small ISBI for Sims 3!
    >
    >
    > Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors for receiving the Liebster Award!
    >
    > * @PrincessSimcess , author of "Princess Simcess" (acceptance)
    > * @RipuAncestor , author of "Forget-Me-Not" (acceptance)
    > * @Sonschi , author of "Sonschi and the Sims" (acceptance/nomination list)
    >
    >
    > Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors for receiving the Memory Lane Challenge Award!
    >
    > * @MrsOogieBoogie , author of "The Insane Dubois Legacy" (acceptance)
    >
    >
    > You can find all these works listed in the index story listing, so please go give them a look!
    >
    > Other News and Reminders:
    >
    > Just a reminder, I've noticed that a lot of authors are Following the Stories and Legacies Index on Wordpress without submitting their own Simlit site to be part of the directory listing! This is of course fine -- submitting your story site to the directory is completely optional, and anyone is welcome to Follow the Stories and Legacies Index blog to receive news and updates from the Simlit story community, but I just wanted to make sure that no one was confused and thought that Following was a requisite for getting your site listed with the Stories and Legacies Index. The only way to have your site added to the Stories and Legacies Index listing is to fill out the submission form located on the front page of the Stories and Legacies Index, just below the Guidelines. Once the submission form is filled out and submitted, the information is e-mailed to me, and your site information will be added the next time I update the index (this can take approximately a week to two weeks), and you'll get a mention in my next newsfeed. There have been a few rare occassions where Wordpress has eaten a submission form, so if you know you submitted a form and it was not added in a recent update, feel free to PM me the information listed on the form and I'll do my best to rush your entry. Note that only those story sites that are listed with the Stories and Legacies Index are featured in the Stories and Legacies Index newsfeeds. Thanks!

Thanks for the shout out @mastressalita, I'm still new at the forum, even though has been write sim lit on my blog since last year..
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes I am a slow writter for my bsides and short stories because it demands a lot of works and a lot of gameplay hours before finding something to write,that's why this blog isn't very feed and I rarely post on. Thank you for the shoutout @mastressalita I always consider this blog as on hiatus.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Thanks for the shoutout! Swapping photoshop images (tr: grey banners demanding money) for imageshack ones is so frustrating! And takes ages too - anyone else stuck doing this at the moment?
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    index.jpg

As a librarian, two of my greatest loves in life are reading stories and archiving information into a meaningful and easy-to-use fashion. As a Simmer, I love reading (and creating!) stories that follow Sim creations going about their lives within the various worlds of the Sims games. But it can be a bit overwhelming; there are a multitude of great sites out there dedicated to storytelling using Sims games, but I haven't found any place that acts as a proper hub to bring these sites together, and make it easy to navigate between them and bring more exposure to budding authors.

That is why I have founded the Stories and Legacies Index, a virtual library located on Wordpress which aims to catalogue every user-submitted website focused around storytelling using any of The Sims games. Currently it has over 350 links in its main listing, and another 250 links in its archive listing.

What can you do at the Stories and Legacies Index?
    • Get an organized, alphabetical listing of Sim stories and Let's Plays;
    • Find a listing of completed stories, short stories, and collaborative projects;
    • Use the Subject Search to get a listing of stories by author name, game version, challenge, genre, or subject;
    • Check the References section for a great selection of threads around these forums for the Simlit enthusiast;
    • Feeling artistic? Feel free to submit link-back banners or badges or banner art for the rotating banner art gallery!

Why should you add your story to the The Stories and Legacies Index?
    • Your story will be listed in the largest single directory of Simlit, which attracts readers of Simlit for its ease of use to discover new reading material;
    • Attention will be brought to any new stories, completed stories, or other writing milestones you reach on the Stories and Legacies Index nightly newsfeed and Stories and Legacies Index Gateway threads on the Sims forum;
    • All stories or video Let's Plays, regardless of Sims game used or style/format, are welcome! It doesn't matter if you are a brand-new author or a seasoned writer, and it only takes a few minutes to fill out the submission form to submit your work!

plumbob.png

The Stories and Legacies Index - Discover links to over 600 Sim stories, get updates and news on registered stories, and submit your own Sim stories to the listing!

Why can't they use an upload from the game? Like in the Sims 2, i love sims so much but barely play now because my biggest fun in game was writing legacy stories and uploading for people to read, I am not computer savvy and I hate having to use word press or any other site ... :disappointed:

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey @Baristatye ! The stories and legacy index has been on a hiatus for a while now. Last active I believe in October/November of last year. :)
  • CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    Is there a new or another index where writers can list their stories so people can be aware of them? I am meanwhile in the 3rd generation of a legacy-type SimLit story but getting the word out that there is such a story is tough. This would help me.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Is there a new or another index where writers can list their stories so people can be aware of them? I am meanwhile in the 3rd generation of a legacy-type SimLit story but getting the word out that there is such a story is tough. This would help me.

Sims Literature Directory
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • XylianaXyliana Posts: 5 New Member
    This sounds really cool! I was thinking of creating a challenge :)
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

Create a forum site to promote your story. Then link to,your blog and post new links each time you post a chapter.
  • CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Create a forum site to promote your story. Then link to,your blog and post new links each time you post a chapter.

Thanks Audrey!
  • sims_4_famchallengessims_4_famchallenges Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi... I'm new to the forums, and I didn't even know that SimLit was a thing, and last month I spent most of the month starting a blog to write about my Sims' lives... I can't believe I started doing that and then stumbled on this forum and SimLit... so anyway, I'm trying to follow the above advice and share the link in a forum post so that people can go read if they want, and I can't actually start a new thread. I tried to find the rules for posting, and I can't find anything that says why I can't start a discussion... I can only comment on current discussions. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
  • sims_4_famchallengessims_4_famchallenges Posts: 11 New Member
    Nevermind about my previous post... right after I posted it, I found a message that explains everything about newbies posting :) So disregard that previous post... and maybe eventually I'll learn how to edit posts and this wouldn't me necessary! :)
  • MISSInsanity245MISSInsanity245 Posts: 80 Member
    Hey! new to the forums and writing Simlit. I'm aware that the index is inactive, so in terms of promoting my story, would i post links here or somewhere else?
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Hey! new to the forums and writing Simlit. I'm aware that the index is inactive, so in terms of promoting my story, would i post links here or somewhere else?
    Most people promote their stories in the Writer's Lounge thread. It's a good place to just hang out with others too.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • MISSInsanity245MISSInsanity245 Posts: 80 Member
    @Maladi777 Alrightyy, thanks!!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @Maladi777 Alrightyy, thanks!!

You can also start your own thread as a full member about your story. Great for updating about new stuff.

Also: http://sim-lit.com :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Most people promote their stories in the Writer's Lounge thread. It's a good place to just hang out with others too.

where can i find your story?
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Orchidah1 wrote: »
    Maladi777 wrote: »

where can i find your story?
    The link is in my signature or here. Thank you for asking. :kissing_heart:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top