Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Sunlit Tides as Laggy as Isla Paradiso??

fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
Those who have read some of my comments will know I am not a fan of Isla Paradiso due to it's laggy-ness that made it unplayable in my game. While I think it is beautiful it is one of the worst worlds in my opinion. However Sunlit Tides is another one of those beautiful island-y worlds and I don't believe I have heard any complaints about the lag. Do the islands make it lag or is that just because Island Paradise came with too many feature.. Please help!!! I'd really like to buy it!

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No. ^__^
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited June 2016
    Not laggy at all :D my favourite world ever.
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Not laggy, yes. Sadly however, the water isn't deep enough for any dive lots, or even houseboats except in a few places. And since it's all on one island they won't take water taxis. You can swim though.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Those who have read some of my comments will know I am not a fan of Isla Paradiso due to it's laggy-ness that made it unplayable in my game. While I think it is beautiful it is one of the worst worlds in my opinion. However Sunlit Tides is another one of those beautiful island-y worlds and I don't believe I have heard any complaints about the lag. Do the islands make it lag or is that just because Island Paradise came with too many feature.. Please help!!! I'd really like to buy it!

IP came with residential lots with unfixable (from what I've read) routing issues. Sims continually getting stuck causes the lag. If you want to try fixing up Isla Paradiso check out this thread. I downloaded the save Ciane provided and will try that out in the near future.
  • Options
    Victoire01Victoire01 Posts: 5 New Member
    It doesn't lag at all (just trying to earn points here btw so I can post my own msg xD)
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Okay I'll give you a like so you can earn more of those points :)
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    Sunlit Tides doesn't lag at all, but it takes a really long time to travel to some places (because of the doughnut shape of the island). So it's a good idea to either have your sim be self employed and work from home, or make them live near to their workplace.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No and the world is BEAUTIFUL. One of my favorites when I played Sims 3.
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    It doesn't seem to be particularly laggy, unlike Isla Paradiso.
  • Options
    XannahXannah Posts: 42 Member
    Acording to most opinions here: No. It's not laggy at all (at least, for me) and yes, it's beautiful. One of my favourite maps. Only thing it lacks it's the diving points (and the rest of special features available in Island Paradise). But resorts are also cool in here!
    Banner004.jpg
  • Options
    FrogsnackFrogsnack Posts: 28 Member
    Sunlit Tides has been the home of my oldest savegames (granted I get rid of the normal population of the town for those). I've had corruption with Starlit Shores, (OF COURSE Island Paradise) and even Midnight Hollow (I think Todd Landgraab may be one of the culprits there), but not ever with Sunlit Tides. But I ahve a game where I play every household through their generations and it's in the 540th save (300 of those saves happened on Sunlit Tides, so yeah...
  • Options
    moonlight_shinesmoonlight_shines Posts: 19 New Member
    I love sunlit tides, it's one of my favourite worlds to play and when I first got it I played there alot on low settings with no problem on my old laptop.
    I was going to start a new save there the the other day but had to turn super water off as my frame rate dropped significantly - I'm hoping it had something to do with a background program running but I thought I'd contribute ^^ x
  • Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    No Sunlit Tides isn't as laggy as Isla Paradiso. I usually play in ST when I want a tropical feel to my game as opposed to IP just because IP is so laggy all the time. @lovelylisac is right though, it takes a cool minute to get from place to place in sunlit tides
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • Options
    GaiaWainwrongGaiaWainwrong Posts: 36 Member
    Sunlit Tides can be laggy but it is not as laggy as Isla Paradiso, although many IP features can't be used there as the water is not deep like in IP or SV.