Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we do another one?

Comments

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    No it makes too much dramas if a pack win on others.

There will always be drama no matter what really :lol:

The hardest is to keep yourself off. :unamused:
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    It's a neat idea. Since stuff packs are easy to skip due to their niche nature, I wouldn't mind if they did a community oriented one like this on occasion. Personally, it was disheartening for me to learn I had so very little in common with the rest of the sim community (pack interest wise), but it's still a great way to spark community involvement with TS4 stuff packs.

So while I definitely didn't like the direction the voting took (I still can't believe people chose laundry :barfs: ), it's still cool to see the community involved in the theme and aesthetic selection process. I wouldn't mind them doing it again.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I would love to do it again. I doubt we will be able to at least any time soon, but I enjoyed seeing some behind the scenes glimpses as to what they do to put a pack together. I found it very enlightening and more than worth my time and participation.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • speaksimilishspeaksimilish Posts: 4 New Member
    I think we should, but they should be considering what the game needs the most rather than relying 100% off of votes. for example eco living won, but is laundry equivalent to that? no, they should've taken that consideration and hatched in more eco living features/gameplay.
  • hyalerouxhyaleroux Posts: 7 New Member
    I missed the votes so I'd be happy with a new occasion to participate. Reading all your comments, I think if they'd give clear selected choices it would be easier not to get side tracked. Going from eco living to laundry was very weird to me.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hmmmpppphhhhh.

What's that supposed to mean? You don't want another community stuff pack? :worried:

This wasn't a community stuff pack. It was pegged to be laundry day all along.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Considering how 'well' this one went, and I'm not talking about how it was 'rigged' for laundry. The whole thing was one big huge drama maelstrom.
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Even though the laundry gameplay isn't at all how I envisioned the eco-living pack, I would participate in another community stuff pack. I think, it was a nice idea, just executed a bit poorly with the laundry gameplay shoved into the eco-living.
    I think, the process is helpful for the developers, to see what the fans really want.

If this pack sells exceptionally well, I could imagine another one of these.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I've been meaning to ask this, I think doing it again would be a fantastic idea and it's a great way to involve the community in some way. It would be nice to see some new themes, though maybe this time with the initial concept art included in the vote. I'm curious whether any guru will reply to this thread
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Please no...the current "community" stuff pack is so disjointed. It is nothing like I expected considering the theme initially presented. I wish I didn't vote for eco living by the time it was all over. I wish I would have voted for that what was it...disaster pack or whatever it was...cant remember.
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    I had a lot of fun voting on this community pack, and I'd love to be able to do it all over again with 5 new themes! I don't know how much preparation time is required, but are there any plans to do a second community stuff pack later next year @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDrake ? :smile:

Im not so keen. Dont trust the community after the way this one turned out.
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not sure I would want a community vote again if they repeated how they did it the first time combining ideas on some themes and not others so they receive more votes like eco living + laundry we had people voting for eco living but that is not what we ended up getting. Had some of those people known it would of been laundry and nothing to do with eco living their vote might of ended up on something else.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Considering this was the first community stuff pack, maybe they could take into consideration some of the criticisms above. I wouldn't want them to not do it simply because some people are bitter about laundry winning. And seeing as different themes would be involved, maybe there wouldn't be a repetition of this particular problem
    I still hope we do one in the future, it's some additional fun on top of upcoming content and even if you don't like the theme you can exert some influence such as the overall style of the pack etc
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Please God No! I would not want to watch another great theme idea reduced to a stuff pack for "Watching paint dry and mowing the lawn" as the main feature after the votes. Lol.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Please God No! I would not want to watch another great theme idea reduced to a stuff pack for "Watching paint dry and mowing the lawn" as the main feature after the votes. Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok2nvmrT4fM
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    ninjaconor wrote: »
    I think it would be a great idea. They probably have a better idea what kind of packs the community wants now.

I love how last time they offered such high-concept stuff like "Eco Living" and it basically got whittled down to an everyday thing like "Washing Machines". I think it shows how much people just want more everyday, normal stuff for The Sims 4.

Very good point, there's still a lot lacking in the everyday home area. And now laundry is out of the way I think other ideas have a fairer shot at making it, it feels like the prospect of laundry had kind of overshadowed all the other ideas.

Maybe they should try 'Eco Living mark two'
    And actually make a pack, based on what people voted for.

I voted for eco living, NOT laundry.
    If I'd known it was going to end up as a laundry pack, I would have voted for something else.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    It should have been included in a free update. Instead of spending $10 on a stuff pack based on laundry I'm going to use that $10 to buy some Mongolian BBQ.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited January 2018
    There is some nice stuff in the pack, but not enough for me to buy it for Laundry. Maybe if it goes on sale, and I have no more packs to buy.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    I can't imagine a worse outcome than laundry, so sure.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    sennawales wrote: »
    I can't imagine a worse outcome than laundry, so sure.

Guess you missed the mowing the lawn or watching paint dry comment by @DesertSimmer1971. I think those could be worse than laundry...lol
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Nah. I didn't like how this voting process turned out.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Let's do one for expansion packs this time.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I wouldn't mind another one. The process for this one was pretty neat. I'm curious to see if the same people will say it's another 'sham', or if it'll magically be just fine next time around if their choices happen to win. :D

I voted for the Starter Home pack, but at the end of the day, the community made the vote as it did. I don't think of it as a sham. If there truly was so few people interested in laundry, it would've went a different way. It's not like eco won by a landslide or anything. Seemed to be a pretty fair process all around.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    If they did another one then exactly as I said would be for the best: No pre-existing game concepts competing against completely new ones. We've seen the results of that.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • bad1788bad1788 Posts: 42 Member
    I would vote in another one for sure. I am also a bit disappointed with how this current pack turned out. I get that adding additional chores adds to sims 4 realism (and maybe kinda the challenge in time management?) but it still surprises me this one.

That being said, I do think there are many aspects of the game that could benefit from a stuff pack increase. Starter Home would have been my pick for a realism addition, honestly a pack that was just more beds (or separate sheets & frame swatches!), more couches and more counters. I also liked a suggestion I read on twitter for a social event pack to beef up weddings/house parties etc.

I feel like currently the prestige social events are fairly repetitive so players tend to skip out of hosting them unless challenge rules dictate they must be used. It would be nice to see those beefed up with decor items or other social event items.

I am also holding out for a new career path. I loved the variety Get To Work added & even city living work from home options would be neat to see those expanded but that might be falling into game pack territory. Honestly even a traditional career would be a welcome change, I get the feeling I am just recreating the same few sims falling into the same jobs.