Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't edit town or move due to unknow dying sim. HELP :(

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PuffsPuffs Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I've got a solution, perhaps!
    Well my situation was that as a ghostbuster, I tried to get a ghost sim from one of my sim's jobs and he kept doing "return to lot" and as he walked back he faded away. He completely disappeared from the thumbnails but I could see him still in the family when I go to the main menu to load the game.

What I did was this
    1. You need twallan's mod I believe, I switched active households to a different family by going to town view, and clicking on a house --> nraas --> story progression --> switch active household
    2. You should be able to access "edit town" now with the new family
    3. Go to your previous household, and there might be people in your household that died that still show up in the family portrait thing
    4. It will say you cannot evict, but you can split up the household; therefore, split up all the people that are dead or whatever and delete them from the clipboard.

By then you should be able to access your original household and everything should go back to normal.

I did what some of you have done which was delete a sim that was in the process of dying, and she appeared in the family portrait. I promptly deleted her as well.

I hope this works for some of you!
  • Options
    Greengreen717Greengreen717 Posts: 13
    edited August 2012
    same problem with me so i had a huge fire on my lot destroyed a whole room the kitchen 3 of my Sims where in their but i didn't realize i was drowning another one so i had the 3 bodies from the fire laying their then i had a missing body from the one i drowned. i summoned the grim reaper at least 20 times over 3 or 5 days he never showed so i reset all of them one by one aged them and killed them again this time i did not wait for the grim to come i aged their ghost again and their tombstone were sent to my family graveyard except i can't move?
  • Options
    RyderLanceWilsonRyderLanceWilson Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    ok so on my game I killed the grim reaper so he cant come the Force NPC cheat doesnt work and I killed a sim then deleted his body and now I cant Edit Town, What is the Reset Town Cheat?
  • Options
    Ayahana_ChanAyahana_Chan Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I think I may have found a way to "fix" it, but you can no longer live in your original home.

1. First off you need to have Mastercontroller http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
    2. Click on current lot/ nraas / master controller / add sim / random
    3. Click on current lot/ nraas/ master controller / evict
    4. Click on lot you'd like to move to/ nraas / master controller / add sim / active family / add all the sims but the randomly added one
    5. control, shift, c / resetsim *
    6. Go to edit town mode / selecy new household / select household
    7. control, shift, c / familyfunds -your family name- to get back to original funds amount.

hope this works for some of you.
  • Options
    SIRENSONGSSIRENSONGS Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hello. I am not sure if anyone is still having a problem with this or if this thread is dead. lol but i just had this problem and i was able to fix it. All i did was kill all the sims on the lot and then i was able to go to the edit town screen. If you go click on the house the "disappeared sim" will still be in the house frame, just go and split up the household and the "disappeared sim" will then be put on your clipboard and then you can just delete them.
  • Options
    jocy456jocy456 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Type in the cheat box: resetSim <first name> <last name>
    MAKE SURE YOU USE <>
  • Options
    Ingz1705Ingz1705 Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    I know this is an old post, but I figured that since nobody has really come up with a definitive result to this problem, and I just had it now before I found a solution, I'd share the solution I found. It occurred to me after reading posts about so many people saying they had this problem and having vampires in the household, I tried changing the vampires back into human (Testingcheatsenabled true and edit sim in cas), that didn't change anything... On it's own. I also had a werewolf, a wisard and two fairies in the household, and I couldn't edit town until I'd changed all of them into human. I even tried leaving the fairies, but I had to change them to...

And... Now I can edit town.

I guess non-humans make the game think they're dying.
  • Options
    chuahjas0chuahjas0 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Have your sim marry into another household, then change the active family.
  • Options
    moomy1moomy1 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Having the exact same problem as everyone else and tried the resetsim * that was suggested and it solved the problem.

Thanks x
  • Options
    FynaseFynase Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Sorry to say, but that lot is corrupted and you will lose all your progress if you did not save. You may have to delete that or just try something else, resetsim will not work maybe wait till a patch or try to help with an admin or something? :?: :?: :?
  • Options
    KingFireRiderKingFireRider Posts: 1,390 Member
    edited February 2014
    cleobaby wrote:
    Some people apparently just don't want to go towards the light. :roll:

head towards the light...

I dont wanna
  • Options
    TheAlw1234TheAlw1234 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Download the Nraas Master Controller Mod.
    Go onto Map View, click on your house icon, then go to Nraas, master controller, and click Reset Lot. That should solve it. It worked for me! :]
  • Options
    npcnpc Posts: 1 New Member
    BEST SOLUTION

1. download nraas
    2. map view > click on the house symbol> nraas> master controller> reset lot

all the stuck sims are restored. nothing is lost from the house and lot
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Thanks for that :D After all it has been almost three years since someone said exactly the same thing right above you, so we kind of forgot ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xXSirenSimsXxxXSirenSimsXx Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a solution! You'll need master controller though,
    Step 1: Install Master Controller into your game
    Step 2: Go into the game that is giving you problems
    Step 3: Click on a random house with other sims living there
    Step 4: If you installed it correctly, you should get the option 'NRaas' click that
    Step 5: Once you click that, click the opinion that says 'Master Controller' not 'Master Controller:'
    Step 6: Once you do that, you should see lots of options pop, click the one that says,'Make Active' this should make that household you clicked on active, there you can go into edit town. When your done, do this process on your OG household and you should be able to play them again
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    ^ :facepalm:
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top