Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~•~aricarai's DNA contact thread~•~Lilypink79~•~NEW Request~•~

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Hello :) I'm not placing it in Sunset Valley, I built my own world that is similar to SV due to it being an island and it being a "happy" "sunny" themed world. If you haven't started building yet is there anyway we can change lot size to 50x50? I double checked my festival grounds lot and it's 50x50 not 40x40 if not it's no biggy I can expand it so it fits the dimensions.

That's totally fine; I'll reconfigure my plans :mrgreen:
    edited October 2017
    Yoohoo @Fireheart2010 : I am super duper stoked to present to you your festival grounds for your Sunset Valley Redux!

Thank you so much for being so patient with me while I worked on this! I have to say, I normally steer away from lots that require loads of landscaping (I think it's one of my weak points), but I decided that I might as well go big or go home if I wanted to improve and grabbed your park request. I'm SO happy I did. I learned so much while building and play testing The Pines and I had so much fun! I really like how it turned out and I hope you did too!

I'll stop rambling now!

Introducing: The Pines
    boop [download]

36984485644_2f4054bd2c_z.jpg

Dare to enter the Spooky Shack (The Spooky Pines), shred some snow on the half pipe (The Frozen Pines), hunt for eggs (The Fresh Pines), and collect wildflowers (The Burning Pines). The Pines are Festival Grounds that the entire family can enjoy. Your Sims can bring out their competitive streak with eating contests or take in a performance while enjoying a coffee on the terrace over the water.

Common Features (these will appear always):
    - Bike Stands
    - Coffee bar overlooking water
    - Chess tables
    - Dance floor
    - Fire pit
    - Parking spaces
    - Performance stage
    - Restrooms

Shall we go on a little tour?

The Pines: This is what the park will look like when there's no festival on.

Activities/Features:
    - Beekeeping boxes
    - Bon fire
    - Dog dig spots
    - Dominoes tables
    - Gnubb Set
    - Horseshoe courts
    - Jungle gym
    - Ping-pong table
    - Seesaw
    - Spring riders
    - Swing set

36984255034_bc99e118b7_z.jpg

36984256634_21739d51e6_z.jpg

36984253794_a8396ac108_z.jpg

36984252694_8da84d9dd0_z.jpg

36984251624_5efdcfb6e9_z.jpg

36984250674_3cda2f6d46_z.jpg

36984249744_81160bfbc0_z.jpg

37694439061_2a907b834e_z.jpg

37023860743_0b1ac305f6_z.jpg

The Spooky Pines

Activities/Features:
    - Apple bobbing
    - Beekeeping boxes
    - Fall face painting
    - Fall food stands
    - Fall photo booth
    - Harvesting pumpkins
    - Haunted House
    - Horseshoe courts
    - Pie eating contest
    - Skating rink
    - Soccer goal

37645539466_0bcbea6e81_z.jpg

36984234564_7a95b1cd11_z.jpg

37645444066_763bc19efe_z.jpg

37436391500_b2673dc1d0_z.jpg

37436389010_ddc75a2be6_z.jpg

37436388140_fe6d681ddb_z.jpg

The Frozen Pines

Activities/Features:
    - Half pipe
    - Ice skating rink
    - Pie eating contest
    - Snowball fighting
    - Winter face painting
    - Winter food stands
    - Winter photo booth

37662075302_c02fdc267d_z.jpg

37662074972_a4dcf27fa9_z.jpg

23841151718_c78260f7f3_z.jpg

37694373481_4df4a8f8eb_z.jpg

37694375961_72d03a180f_z.jpg

The Fresh Pines

Activities/Features:
    - Baking stand
    - Bull riding
    - Egg hunting
    - Gnubb set
    - Hopscotch courts
    - Hot dog eating contest
    - Kissing booths
    - Love tester machine
    - Seesaw
    - Skating rink
    - Spring face painting
    - Spring food stands
    - Spring photo booth
    - Water balloon fighting
    - Water slide and sprinkler

36984138124_efaeb4cde7_z.jpg

36984136634_6e0cde10d0_z.jpg

36984074594_a5f278859e_z.jpg

37436387130_f2e6bd58fc_z.jpg

36984139794_3762ff16f6_z.jpg

The Burning Pines

Activities/Features:
    - Baking stand
    - Fireworks
    - Gnubb set
    - Hot dog eating contest
    - Hopscotch courts
    - Horseshoe court
    - Ping-pong table
    - Skating rink
    - Soccer goal
    - Summer face painting
    - Summer food stands
    - Summer photo booth
    - Water balloon fighting
    - Water slide and sprinkler

37023761403_c31e14cb05_z.jpg

37023760913_273a3e1945_z.jpg

37645444816_a05fbb5f76_z.jpg

37023759593_1e1e9323ca_z.jpg

37023760173_7704b52017_z.jpg

37023858313_64d343fe6a_z.jpg
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    The Pines Festival Grounds is a very nice festival venue for sims to enjoy visiting all throughout the year! :) There are lots of fun and enjoyable activities for sims to do at the venue! It looks very great how you have set up the venue in the various seasons! Each themed season is designed so very well!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Wonderful lot Airis. Festival grounds are enough work already and you enhanced it beautifully with the seasonal activities. Well done! Off to rec :smiley:
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! <3

Thank you so much sweet Inma @AIRIS6962 <3
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Pines Festival Grounds is a very nice festival venue for sims to enjoy visiting all throughout the year! :) There are lots of fun and enjoyable activities for sims to do at the venue! It looks very great how you have set up the venue in the various seasons! Each themed season is designed so very well!

Thank you so much sweet rose! I hope you're doing well <3
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Wonderful lot Airis. Festival grounds are enough work already and you enhanced it beautifully with the seasonal activities. Well done! Off to rec :smiley:

Thank you so much m'dear! It was a lot of work. It's like building the lot 5 times over, but it was so much fun and definitely out of my comfort zone! I really liked doing it though!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @aricarai , I really really love everything you did with your festival lot Arica. It's gorgeous in every season and so much to do. Would never know that this was out of your comfort zone, as you did a wonderful job on it! Off to rec and fav!
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @aricarai , I really really love everything you did with your festival lot Arica. It's gorgeous in every season and so much to do. Would never know that this was out of your comfort zone, as you did a wonderful job on it! Off to rec and fav!

Thank you so much @Sandraelle! I'm glad you couldn't tell that it was out of my comfort zone. It took me lots of bulldozing and drawing plans to get it how I wanted it to look, but I love it too! Thank you for the RF! :mrgreen:
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @aricarai, The Pines is Fabulous! I left in my town for a couple sim days and it's always jumping there! Can't wait to watch the seasons change!
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @aricarai, The Pines is Fabulous! I left in my town for a couple sim days and it's always jumping there! Can't wait to watch the seasons change!

@romagi1 - Thank you so much for testing it out for me, Rox! Yes, I noticed that there's always people there hanging out, too :mrgreen:
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    The Pines looks amazing! I love how the festival looks during each season. You really did a wonderful job on it! <3
    illusie wrote: »
    The Pines looks amazing! I love how the festival looks during each season. You really did a wonderful job on it! <3

Thank you so much @illusie! <3
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi Arica, would you be interested in doing a quick little collaboration with me? At least I think it should be quick! :)

ETA: Okay, this is what I'm interested in if you're available to do it. I've been trying to do it myself but I would love to have that 'lived in' look that you do so well.

I need a makeover of the Shotgun Style house with the second bedroom (the smaller one with the desk in it) expanded to be big enough to film a scene. This is a prequel in Sunset Valley so this is before the neighborhood got seedy, it's more of a middle class home at this point. The bedroom is for the character of Lolita, her favorite color is yellow and you can see her 'character' in the video in my siggy. I know you like to understand the sim before you build for them. :smiley: The bedroom also needs a big window so I can film one scene from the outside of the bedroom looking through the window. Do whatever you want with the rest of the house. And I need it as quick as possible! So I understand if you can't do it and I'll keep slogging along trying to do it myself.

For this game I have installed: WA, HELS, AM, LN, OL, GN, TL, MS, SEAS, DS, UL and 70s. I own the store except for the Origin exclusives and the supernatural items.
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    @ZeeGee: I'd totally love to this, but quick is not my forte. Haha! I might be able to get to it this weekend. Do you want to keep slogging along and if I'm able to finish before you, I'll shoot it your way?

Or I can ask the DNA team and see if anyone has time to do it quick? :mrgreen:

If not, if you'd like another makeover some other time and there's a little more lead time, I'd be more than happy to help out!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'll keep slogging along and wait for you. I love how you capture the personality of a sim in your builds. I'm really slow at filming too so probably won't need it until Monday (and can delay longer if you need to). :)

And next time I'll try to think out the episode in advance and give you more notice. Thank you!
  • JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    hah. plumdot. i use to watch your videos. i used to be a HUGE fan.
    Like I said, Sam, I'm super stoked that you'd like me to work with you on these Sims. They're so cool and unique. I know you left me a lot of detail in your request, but where are they from? Is that you finding pictures and making up stories or are they in popular culture (I feel so old asking that!)?

I'll be able to get next to this early next week, if that's ok with you, but I'm so excited to hear more about these three. They're very interesting.
  • StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    @aricarai Well I guess you can consider yourself slapped, because that link is indeed reference pics for all three sims! :wink:
    On that page if you click on the image of Rain it should open up into a little pop up window, where if you click on the image of her once more it'll take you through the photo set (with their names written underneath each picture too).

I am so thrilled to hear that you're looking forward to doing this for me. I'll admit I was a little worried about personally requesting you as I'd never done that before, so I felt maybe I might be acting too presumptuous in that you'd want to do it, but I'm really really glad I didn't let that little anxiety get the best of me cause now we're both stoked!

As for where these guys come from, have no fear, because you're still as young and spry as always! I have always been a story teller, and so sometimes (a lot of sometimes) when I see an artwork that I really really like I can't help but give the portrayed character/s a whole life story in my head! This is the case with these three, I've fallen in love with the people in the art depicted by the artists that I love, and then turned them into my own full fledged characters. For whatever reason these guys really stuck inside my mind, and when the idea came to my mind for renovated old theatre turned duplex I combined their stories into one big old (theoretical) novel. So I'm super duper pleased that you now like them and think they're cool and unique as much as I do. :heart:

I expected there to be an eye patch in Barnacle Bay at least but alas I haven't found one either which really bunches my brow. So, I'm hoping that maybe we can find a suitable one online somewhere, which is why I wanted to chat before you start.
    I know you use CC in your personal sims, and I love how amazing they always turn out, the depth and detail is incredible and you manage all of it so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 well (even though you recently said your folder was a mess hehe). Now that I have a computer capable of it and not a crummy laptop, I'd really like to try venturing into the CC wonders of TS3, and you're the best gal that I trust to show me a whole new Sims 3 world (fyi, singing that like Ariel in The Little Mermaid makes the line 1000x better). :kissing_heart:
    Anyway the gist of it is that I want you to use your CC magic, not for everything of course but for key parts like the eye patch or Rain's unique & creepy eyes, and I wanted to know if that was okay? I've seen that DNA has a sort of no CC policy and wondered if that was an end rule, like no ifs not buts, or if it was bendable. Which since I know how perfect things can come out with CC thanks to your awesome work, I'm really hoping it is!
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams: OMG! Sam, I just realised that Rain is done by Cyarin! I follow her on twitter and she's AMAZING! I love her artwork. Who are the other two done by? I see a R on Jean's pictures, but nothing on Cassius! Ooh, this is a HUGE honor to try to recreate Sims from artists that I like :mrgreen: I really hope that I can do it justice.

CC isn't a problem, so I'll have a little look for an eye patch and eyes! What about CC hair? Are you okay with that, too? The clothes, I shouldn't have a problem using in game ones (yay for all EPs & SPs)! The skin, I should be able to use the ramps that are already in game and I'll play around with it. I'll be sure to show you what I'm thinking of and you can decide if you'd like me to use them!

How's that sound?
    @aricarai That's great! :grin: I've been watching Cyarin over on DeviantArt for a real long while now, she's incredibly talented and super lovely, so hearing that you're a fan of hers also is brilliant! I fell in love with that witch painting when she posted it early October last year and knew I wanted to use her somehow in a sims game/one of my brain's short stories, but I only recently figured out how so she's been sitting in a favourites folder for a while. :tongue:

The other artist I know as bertnemmon over on DA, I only just discovered him this year but I absolutely adore his use of messy lines and dull simple colouring. You can find him here on Tumblr - http://robnemmon.tumblr.com/
    It was the artwork that I titled Morning Ritual in my photo set that I instantly fell in love with which first introduced me to these two guys that I call Cassius and Jean; in actuality they are Robert's (what the R tag stands for) OCs Mr. Whale and Tim. I don't know the original story behind them as it hasn't been fully disclosed, but my imagination has happily run rampant and created it's own version anywho. I did keep some things like the name Mr. Whale however, as I thought that was a super cool name for an evil hitman, but his given name is all me hehe.
    Speaking of the boys I just found this on Tumblr and thought I'd show you the adorable height difference, plus Jean in a suit! :open_mouth:
    tumblr_oxq2o8AD5B1tz156vo2_r1_1280.png

Anyways I'm happy to hear that CC is okay, you mentioned a default skin in your early questions and I wanted to know what that is as I love the look of your sims! CC hair is totally fine as well, if you're able to find something with long hair and a witches hat like in Rain's image it would be crazy amazing since the only ones in The Sims 3 are short which is booooo!
    Will you be using the sliders that you used in your awesome Autumn Inspired Sim? Just wondered if I should find that link again for the master list so I can download them. :smile:
    Zpj9msL.png
    This is totally awesome! This such an in depth request and I'm so looking forward to it.

I'll have a little looksie for a hair for Rain that includes a hat, because hat sliders are a pain to work with! If you want Jean to be short as he is, I can use height sliders. Let me know on that one.

My default skin is called ESkin Fresh by Ephemera; it's a difficult one to download because the site is in a different language, but if you do want it in your game, I can send it your way.

What I'll do, much like my videos, is put together a Sim File Share for you; so this'll kind of be like a private download? Happy with that?
    @aricarai Sounds awesome Ari, I looove the idea of height sliders, always wished that was something EA had implemented. Jean is pretty darn short, and Cassius is also a little taller than average so if we could have that in game it'd be the best!
    I would be stoked if you could send please ESkin Fresh my way thanks, it has such lovely stylisation and shading and tones. :love:
    I'll be super duper happy with a Sim File Share Ari; I cannot wait to watch you work your magic! :blush:
    Zpj9msL.png
    Hi m'dear Sam!
    Sorry I haven't responded - was celebrating my birthday a little too hard! Haha!
    I've done some preliminary looking for CC and I've found a few eye patches that could work. I'll share them with you in the next few days as soon as I can find some options for the eyes!
    Bear with me, I'm hoping to have some sneaky peeks by the weekend :mrgreen: