Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Culling

Does culling still happen in The Sims 4? Every thing I've found about culling was written 2014-early 2016 so I'm wondering if it still happens and if so how I can prevent it?
What's the deal with airline food?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Does culling still happen in The Sims 4? Every thing I've found about culling was written 2014-early 2016 so I'm wondering if it still happens and if so how I can prevent it?

Yes. But not as bad as 2014. I haven't played it in a few months but they did increase the number of townies allowed to over 300 or so, and they increased the 'time' of how long a 'met' Sim would stay in your Sim's relationship panel. So, if the relationship was on a downhill slide you may have time to repair or build up a relationship with a Sim you met, without them being culled. But they still do get culled if you don't work on building up those relationships. Yes, you can prevent it by using a mod for it. Which may or may not decrease your CPU performance>depends on your machine. But culling in general still happens every Sun. to someone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.