March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one ?

I would like to know if I am the only one who thinks the Clothes Line looks to Plain & Boring ?
to Me it looks like the wood was just slapped together to make the T shape at the ends, with just cheap looking rope hanging there for the clothes, the only thing I saw that looked ok was the clothes moving a bit , I think they really need to rethink how that looks, cause I do not think I will buy the pack based on how that clothes line looks, sorry but to plain looking for My taste.

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited September 2017
    https://giphy.com/gifs/26vIeH0SgLU7AVj6E?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=Embeds&utm_term=http://simscommunity.info/2017/09/27/the-sims-4-laundry-day-animated-clothesline-preview/

This is the one I saw if it copied right, this is not what I hope is the result in the pack, it needs to look better then this in My opinion.

Ok it seems the address did not take, but you can see the clothes line on the Sims Community page, that is where I saw it from.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/DKsDSnAUMAAP3zl.jpg

Ok I retried it, so hope it worked this time, Yup it worked, it shows the picture this time when you click on it, thanks.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,432 Member
    Ya, it looks boring but I'm kinda over this pack already. So I don't care anymore. Every thing that's been shown from this pack is not really my taste except for the CAS.
    My Top Song of the Day: HEAVEN AND BACK by Chase Atlantic
    E0zWogS.gif
  • YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    It looks alright to me! But then again, I grew up with the kind of clotheslines that hung between your house and an electricity pole so... it looked way uglier than this.

I'm excited for the pack, personally! I really liked doing laundry in TS3. It added a small element of chaos to my game when my Sims were all in bad moods, stressed out from work, had to take care of the kids and the hampers were overflowing. I'm hoping it'll bring that little bit of chaos back to the Sims 4 - the game feels a bit too easy for me at the moment.
    DeKay wrote: »
    Ya, it looks boring but I'm kinda over this pack already. So I don't care anymore. Every thing that's been shown from this pack is not really my taste except for the CAS.

Yup I was over this pack when I found out that it really ( Is Not ) a Eco Friendly pack, there are some things in it that is ok, but that clothes line is not one of them.
    Yelleb wrote: »
    It looks alright to me! But then again, I grew up with the kind of clotheslines that hung between your house and an electricity pole so... it looked way uglier than this.

I'm excited for the pack, personally! I really liked doing laundry in TS3. It added a small element of chaos to my game when my Sims were all in bad moods, stressed out from work, had to take care of the kids and the hampers were overflowing. I'm hoping it'll bring that little bit of chaos back to the Sims 4 - the game feels a bit too easy for me at the moment.

I remember those types as well, but the ones I had growing up had Metal poles and looked a lot better, and had wooden ones to but even those looked much nicer then what I am seeing in that picture, in My opinion it looks like it was just slapped together and hope for the best type, which really is not My Taste in lines to hang My clothes on, so I just might stick with the Dryer if that line is the one staying in that pack, cause I won't ever bother to use it if it does stay in pack, not the way that looks now, nope.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    It's fine I guess, I mean really what can you expect for a clothes line? This pack in general is just eh to me, mostly because of the theme, some of the CAS stuff is cute though but that's it.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    I think it's a cute idea :)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think the clothes on the line look a bit... flat. Kind of like they have been drawn, cut out and stuck on the line.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    I think it looks cute personally. What else would a clothes line look like? It was pretty much the same in TS3, apart from I don't remember the clothes moving! I can see why it would look a bit lacklustre to some though.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    This is where I really miss the CASt from Sims 3.
    Sims 3 is in a lot of ways more superior over Sims 4, but CASt takes the cake.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    People wanted a plain version of the clothesline because they felt the other one a bit too fancy? Maybe they will have both versions. The clothesline we had growing up was tied to hook like things on the garage to the house. *shrug*
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It looks more like a real clothes line to me than some of the fancier ones that I've sometimes seen suggested on the forum. Perhaps it depends on where you're from and the sort of clothes line you're used to ?
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Unless you have a really, really out there opinion or suggestion, then I doubt anyone on here is the "only one" who has a particular opinion or idea.

I have seen several comments, however, by people that thought the other concept was too fancy...and some people want something even more simple like just a line hanging between the wall and a pole. Then again, a lot of us didn't even vote for this theme....or didn't vote for laundry as the gameplay feature. So this isn't really a pack that is going to make every single player happy or appeal to everyone. That's kind of the point of stuff packs though....they are niche content which is entirely skippable if someone doesn't like it. To me, personally, I'm not really enthused over laundry anyway but I'll end up buying the pack because it's $10 and I'm sure I'll use some of the CAS and objects....the clothes line isn't going to make or break my decision though.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am glad for a plain one, that way I can use it for historical saves :)
  • Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    I think it is fabulous, I enjoy the rustic outsideness of hanging the clothes. But at the end of the day, it is what it is.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I mean, it's a clothesline. It's only something one hangs wet linens on to dry. I don't recall ever seeing a clothesline in real life that I thought was particularly fancy and honestly - it would've struck me as odd if I had. Some things are just meant to be basic.
    To Me there is Basic and then there is just plain Boring, I prefer the Round ones that turn, those look a lot better then what I saw in that picture, I know if that one is kept in the pack, I won't be using it, I will make My Sims always use the Dryers instead. :)
  • vahrezeevahrezee Posts: 1 New Member
    It does look basic, but i think it's pretty decent and suit the environment well.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Improvements have been made. The original was boo boo. This is more logical and pleases me.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Improvements have been made. The original was boo boo. This is more logical and pleases me.

If there was one worse then the one I saw in the picture, then there is just no hope, nope.
  • Anime_CakeAnime_Cake Posts: 10 New Member
    Yeah, I had definitely expected more. Make some different: Some hanging from houses to street lights of some sort, - or houses to trees/wooden poles/a piece of metal such as a street light, that would really make it themed.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited October 2017
    I actually like the simple aesthetic because that makes it very versatile for the different time periods I remodel my worlds to represent. This look would work well for my medieval, modern living, apocalyptic, and fairy tale saves.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    I mean, it's a clothesline. It's only something one hangs wet linens on to dry. I don't recall ever seeing a clothesline in real life that I thought was particularly fancy and honestly - it would've struck me as odd if I had. Some things are just meant to be basic.

Agreed. -- I kind of like the clothesline.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well this is what the masses asked for so we can't really complain about anything in this pack. As crazy as it sounds, I hope we don't do another vote for what you want stuff pack. I don't think this turned out very well in my opinion. The concepts in this pack feels all over the place...lol
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Well this is what the masses asked for so we can't really complain about anything in this pack. As crazy as it sounds, I hope we don't do another vote for what you want stuff pack. I don't think this turned out very well in my opinion. The concepts in this pack feels all over the place...lol

I agree 100% with this message.