Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires or City Living?

Since the Origin sale is going on right now I decided I want to get either a new game pack or expansion pack but I can't decide which one to get! Should I get the Vampires game pack or should I get City Living? Thanks! :smiley:
"You've gotta be stirring my pasta."

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited October 2017
    Which do you want more, an alternate life state or a work from home jobs. I only got the vampire pack for the build mode items and never used it beyond that (hate vampires). I only use City Living apartments sparsely, but sometimes do the career while living in a different world.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    While Vampires are very well done and the content is, for me, much appreciated, I'd have to say City Living! San Myshuno added so much to my game play and I love the new cultural clothing items and the food stands and festivals. Its not perfect but then vampires isn't either. Vampires show up in every game, every time whether you want them in that particular save or not, and in San Myshuno, the neighbors are a major nuisance with the sound complaints all the time not to mention if the festivals are going on you can't go super speed for sleep for some reason.

That said, They're both well worth the money and even if you decide to go with the opposite of my recommendation I think you won't regret your choice!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It really depends what you like in your gameplay. If you're not bothered by having supernaturals in your game, then I would say go with Vampires, definitely. There is a wealth of CAS, build/buy, and gameplay in this one pack. The styles are truly different from anything else the game has released, and you can make a variety of different vampires. You also get some awesome build stuff for making run down, old Victorian homes and some gothy decor. The vampire powers are extensive and unique and so much fun to use! The town is small, but dark and full of ambience. The whole pack is magnificent.

If you have a half-decent computer, then City Living could be okay, I guess. Something to keep in mind is that some people seem to have some lag issues and this pack is also a little bit buggy with the festivals. But the apartments are good, you just can't build them or use them outside of the city. Some of the lot traits are better than others, but they do add a little more customization. I just wish they didn't have those annoying floating light bulbs around every sim that gets a skill boost. Kind of ruins immersion. I think they did capture the feel of a big city and the karaoke was done pretty well, but the singing skill can be buggy too. The bubble blower is fun, but there's not really a whole lot of new things in this pack. Well....there's a talking toilet. I don't know... I'm not the best person to recommend City Living, haha. Just get Vampires. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Depends on what you prefer, of you really love vampires the you should go for that because they are pretty cool but the world that comes with isn't very big. Then you have city living that has cool apartments and lots of different foods, I really love the clothing and decor too. I personally always use San Myshuno now, I don't use the other world's. :D

If I'd suggest one I'd probably llgo for city living, even thought I really love vampires, I love the city world a lot more.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    vamps.
    Other than the careers I rarely use anything from the city pack
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    CL's gameplay actually made me mad, and it's got some bugs. Vampires can come down to whether you like supernaturals or not. As good as it is, it DOES have aspects that would tick me off if I didn't like supes. If I had to choose one today, I'd pick vampires because I like that stuff. Plus there are a whole bunch of cheats for it if you want to fast track your vampire, and there aren't any for the CL festivals, and the apartments are fairly static. I wish I could give you more info.
  • Options
    RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    I think the gameplay of City Living is ok, but not worth the normal price of $40. I do think that the new CAS and Build/Buy items are great and I can't remember that I had a sim that didn't use any of the new CAS items since I bought it.

I do think Vampires is a good game pack but it something that I've only used once, because you either like or dislike the style of the pack!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Heck of a question.

I don’t like the supernatural, so a few months ago I would’ve told you hands down skip Vampires. HOWEVER, the San Myshuno world, festivals, apartments, basketball, outfits, family names, food, everything is extremely bugged and there appears to be no fix in sight anytime soon.

For the above reasons, I cannot confidently recommend City Living to anyone as a new purchase.
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I'm not a huge vampire fan (I think if there was a full supernatural pack I'd be more into it), but there is neat content in the pack. I prefer City Living because there's more to do, plus it's an EP so it's got a lot more clothing/item options.

It all depends on what you're looking to do with your game. Do you want to build vampires in a creepy location because Halloween? Or do you see yourself playing in San Myshuno more?
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    If you are even remotely interested in supernatural lifestates within Sims games then I would recommend Vampires without hesitation. The Sims 4 vampires are easily the best in the series.
  • Options
    ShemaShema Posts: 56 Member
    Definitely City Living ! I bought it today for half the price and I'm absolutely enjoying it so far :D
  • Options
    beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    I prefer City Living, but I like both.
    pncFLnjBj
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    city Living - I wish I had not gotten the Vampires
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    That's a tough one. I say if you like challenges and achieving goals when playing, get Vampires cuz the different skills and levels you get when playing them can be kinda fun. ^^
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Well love, City Living is an Expansion, but Vampires is not. Vampires is a gamepack so it has less stuff. However, its really well done. I don't even really like vampires and I ended up really liking the pack. Remember that the world in Vampires is REALLY small, only like 3 or 4 lots. City living is an expansion so it is bigger. You get more bang for your buck, but Vampires is incredible.
  • Options
    Big_Boy_Bmw760LiBig_Boy_Bmw760Li Posts: 93 Member
    I would get the city living expansion. The city is so amazing especially if you have a nice computer. It looks amazing at night! Especially since pets is coming too having a pet at your apt will be pretty cool.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I'm not going to say "depends on what you prefer" since, well, if you knew that, you wouldn't be asking. I'd get Vampires, honestly. It's cheaper and from what I've seen, is more widely regarded as a superior piece of DLC content, myself included. I spent about a week trying out everything Vampires had to offer without boredom. City Living had me starting to become desperate for entertainment in less that time.
  • Options
    SmokingFoxSaysSmokingFoxSays Posts: 79 Member
    I just got CL, its cool, I appreciate what it adds to the game.
    However I got Vamps a few weeks ago, and if I could only keep one, it would be Vamps.
    Its just a super cool new level of awesomeness, that I adore more.
    https://smokingfoxsays.com/
    (Check out the link, for my Sim Story Blog : SIMPEAKS)
    Watch me play:
    https://twitch.tv/smokingfoxsays

To those about to Sim I Salute you :)

• Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    content wise i think vampires are a better choice, city living kinda feels like an empty shell. but if you prefer quantity over quality then cl is the way to go. :p
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't know depends on what you might enjoy more there are many opinions on both good and bad me personally I have to have both I spend a lot of time in the city usually and often play with Vlad and the siblings. Though sometimes I think I use CL more maybe check out some let's play and just see how others play with them if you aren't sure best reviews one can find I think.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    It really depends on your game playing preferences and I don't think either would disappoint. Personally I prefer City Living because I just love the apartments. The world is so pretty and it added some new career options which was good. I got vampires and although they are done very well I don't use this pack as much. The build mode items are amazing for this one though :blush:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I own both and kinda wish I didn't!

Vampires is great if you want vampires in your game. Forgotten Hollow captures the dark world of vampires brilliantly and there are some good vampire sims in the gallery. I enjoyed the chaos I could create with vampires. Taking a plate of poorly-prepared pufferfish into a bar and depriving sims of their hunger is fun. Ironically, vampires can use their powers for good and be an ideal addition to a family. However, vampires can break into your sim's homes and attack them during the night. But ultimately I don't want supernaturals constantly in my game.

City Living, to me, is no fun at all. The addition of lot traits is handy but I'm unimpressed by the city itself. The festivals suck donkey balls and the worst thing is the game will generate masses of ugly townies with Japanese names.