March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips on getting points?

2...Next

Comments

• ShemaShema Posts: 56 Member
    I get you I'm trying to become a member because I really would like to change my profile picture en attach photo's to posts :c
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    my tips are just keep interacting with others in the forums - liking, commenting and getting involved and it will happen soon enough :)
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • ataraxialifeataraxialife Posts: 25 Member
    I am having the same situation right now OP
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,258 Member
    I am having the same situation right now OP

@ataraxialife, the best advice that I can give about getting points is by going to sections such as the Creative Corners, The Sims 4 Ideas and Feedback sections and making useful comments on existing posts so that others click in Insightful's, Likes or Awesome's. Commenting on threads will also help you get your post count up as well... :)
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Is funny to see that most new members that commented here are already full members
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,258 Member
    Alexciel wrote: »
    Is funny to see that most new members that commented here are already full members
    @Alexciel, it's because the thread was created back in 2015 and last commented on in 2017 before it got bumped back up to the first page today... ;)

• ArheiaArheia Posts: 8 New Member
    > @cauliflowers said:
    > engage in a heated argument with another forum member

ROFL x)
  • jonathan_1998jonathan_1998 Posts: 57 Member
    yeah i badly need the points as well but i don't want to end up spamming random comments coz that is just pathetically desperate
  • FinnleyFinnley Posts: 20 Member
    > @jonathan_1998 said:
    > yeah i badly need the points as well but i don't want to end up spamming random comments coz that is just pathetically desperate

I am the same boat now.
    I wanna share my Sims and his life story, but then I need 25 points to open a topic, can't even post an image of him. :-/ Also some nice topics have a last reply of 2 months ago, so commenting on that one looks a bit weird as well.
  • CaitiplaysgamesCaitiplaysgames Posts: 21 Member
    > @Lunqs said:
    > Just so you know, i'm NOT asking for points, i'm just asking for tips on getting them, since i'm only 6 points away from becoming a member! :]

I have earned 7 already and I have been on the forums for 10 minutes :) I am also trying to become a full member!!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I have never understood why necroposting is considered to be so wrong, and I have yet to read a good logical explanation of rules against it. I usually give points to whoever revives a funny or good thread, with a nice reply. It is against the forum rules though..
  • FinnleyFinnley Posts: 20 Member
    > @Caitiplaysgames said:
    > > @Lunqs said:
    > > Just so you know, i'm NOT asking for points, i'm just asking for tips on getting them, since i'm only 6 points away from becoming a member! :]
    >
    > I have earned 7 already and I have been on the forums for 10 minutes :) I am also trying to become a full member!!

For me the whole 'member' thing won't unlock.
    I got 25+ points, 15+ comments and I am a member for more then a day (a month already).
    Still I am not allowed to open a topic about my Sims who I played with (who also all have a whole background story/live/skills) and who I shared in the Gallery under my tag 'FinnleyEU'. Kinda feels I am not good enough to be a member here. Can't even post a picture.

Don't know what I am doing wrong.....