Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

witness a death

One of my sims wants to witness a death, it's the aspiration thingy. What's the easiest way to do it? I thought of asking someone to move in and have a fight with them til they die of anger, is that possible?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    PURPLESIMPURPLESIM Posts: 28 Member
    Try throwing a party and inviting a bunch of elders. There's a chance at one will pass on during the party. At least that's what happens at my sims' parties.
  • Options
    LukeyLukey Posts: 16 New Member
    Your sims has some issues if he/she wants to witness a death XD
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Try to lock some doors *evil laugh*
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Invite someone for a swim at the pool and build some walls around it. Should take about a day.
  • Options
    Beng11Beng11 Posts: 160 Member
    Send your Sim to a mental institute.
    Developing a program that downloads safe roms & emulators for you for the first-time users of emulating games. Yay or nay?
    Kiss+awwwww+x_26c5c6_4860267.gif
  • Options
    8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    What a great opportunity to build a torture basement...........
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Invite a Sim over, then build a wall around them, when they're dying, pause the game and put a door there so you can make your Sim watch them die.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    You could murder a sim with a good time. Just woohoo an elder until they drop dead. It shouldn't take very long. >:)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I did the woohoo thing and my sim witnessed the death but it didn't register. Is there a cheat or another way to make it work?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm, have one sim with that aspiration as well. Will probably try to move one elder over to her from the retirement house when their lifebar goes green. A few days with a houseguest and then the aspiration is fixed.

Just mentioned it in case you're not up to the whole torture dungeon deal, I'm at lvl 2 on the deviant simmer skill pretty much. But I'm working on it, why a few days ago one of my sims even started a fight! If you search the gallery perhaps someone has uploaded an elder who has a full green lifebar.

Have fun playing!
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I did the woohoo thing and my sim witnessed the death but it didn't register. Is there a cheat or another way to make it work?

aspirations.complete_current_milestone
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    KradethedarkKradethedark Posts: 17 Member
    Okay, here's the ting. The game is a little... weird about the witness the death of another sim thing...
    Here's what happened with me:

The sim I had trying to complete the public menace aspiration was an evil, hotheaded ghost who had died in a fire. Naturally, I figured I could easily complete the milestone by getting her mad and, well.... starting a fire. Didn't work. Didn't even trigger the "Upset about dying friend" animation.

Tried a few more times, thinking it might be a glitch. Nope. Finally it to popped... when the other sim tried to cook and caught himself on fire.

From that, and posts in this thread, I conclude that the animation/moodlet is what the aspiration is looking for, which apparently doesn't trigger if the cause of death was directly triggered by the sim who needs to see it.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Okay, here's the ting. The game is a little... weird about the witness the death of another sim thing...
    Here's what happened with me:

The sim I had trying to complete the public menace aspiration was an evil, hotheaded ghost who had died in a fire. Naturally, I figured I could easily complete the milestone by getting her mad and, well.... starting a fire. Didn't work. Didn't even trigger the "Upset about dying friend" animation.

Tried a few more times, thinking it might be a glitch. Nope. Finally it to popped... when the other sim tried to cook and caught himself on fire.

From that, and posts in this thread, I conclude that the animation/moodlet is what the aspiration is looking for, which apparently doesn't trigger if the cause of death was directly triggered by the sim who needs to see it.

YOU JUST MADE MY NIGHT!
    I had NO idea why my sim wasn't getting that aspiration filled.. and this exactly the reason why. THANK. YOU!
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Go to Oasis Springs park, fish in the back most pool of water, catch a Cowplant berry, plant it, let it grow, then invite your target to move in. Have the target attempt to eat the cake tongue twice in a row, they'll die, make sure your sim is there to watch.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    This thread is so messed up:D
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    DilarDilar Posts: 2 New Member
    I just killed 2 sims. One drowned and the other burned. And my sim still hasnt 'witnessed a death' what am i doing wrong?
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2017
    Are they right there when it happens? In one of my saves, I had two Evil sims with the same aspiration, both were present when the sim died but only one of them witnessed it. I think the one guy was in the house and the other was right there by the dead sim. They have to actually "see" it and will get a buff to reflect that, whether it be "witnessed death"" or "good riddance" if your sim was enemies with the dead sim.

Oh an easy way is to make a vampire club, invite them over during the day,lock all the doors so they can't get into the house and watch them burn up in the sun.

I used to also make mean clubs with the angry vibe maxed out and a vampire on hand to do a max strength angry aura and some angry paintings on the wall for good measure. It would cause the club members to get enraged and die of anger. >:)
  • Options
    DilarDilar Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Finvola;c-16068115"]Are they right there when it happens? In one of my saves, I had two Evil sims with the same aspiration, both were present when the sim died but only one of them witnessed it. I think the one guy was in the house and the other was right there by the dead sim. They have to actually "see" it and will get a buff to reflect that, whether it be "witnessed death"" or "good riddance" if your sim was enemies with the dead sim.

Oh an easy way is to make a vampire club, invite them over during the day,lock all the doors so they can't get into the house and watch them burn up in the sun.

I used to also make mean clubs with the angry vibe maxed out and a vampire on hand to do a max strength angry aura and some angry paintings on the wall for good measure. It would cause the club members to get enraged and die of anger. >:) [/quote]
    Yes my sim saw it she was right there and she got sad because of it but it didnt count as witnessed death.. and the second one she stood right there but just didnt watch.. im giving up
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It is a pain, I've had that happen a few times too. These two sims are the only ones I have with that aspiration and sometimes it doesn't count as witnessing a death, or if they witnessed a death before that part of the aspiration comes up. The only thing I can suggest is to keep trying until it registers or just use the cheat console to complete that part of the aspiration.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    Are they right there when it happens? In one of my saves, I had two Evil sims with the same aspiration, both were present when the sim died but only one of them witnessed it. I think the one guy was in the house and the other was right there by the dead sim. They have to actually "see" it and will get a buff to reflect that, whether it be "witnessed death"" or "good riddance" if your sim was enemies with the dead sim.

I used to also make mean clubs with the angry vibe maxed out and a vampire on hand to do a max strength angry aura and some angry paintings on the wall for good measure. It would cause the club members to get enraged and die of anger. >:)

This sounds fun :) I will give it a try.
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    My Sim with that aspiration is a vampire.

I had her drink the sunlight reversal cocktail and then invite another vampire outside. He burned to death in the sun while the cocktail kept her safe. Aspiration accomplished.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    ShemaShema Posts: 56 Member
    Drown an unfortunate soul ^^
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    edited October 2017
    Does it just have to be on the same lot or does the sim have to be in the same room to witness it?
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Does it just have to be on the same lot or does the sim have to be in the same room to witness it?

The sim has to be in the same room.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It’s kind of annoying how this goal can’t be retroactively completed. I had a sim with that aspiration, and she saw a vampire burn to death while she was still on the first part.