Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any catfish simsperience to share??

Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
Any of y'all got some good gameplay with catfish outcomes to share? I hadn't had any yet though there were plenty of chances happening with disguised aliens. Would have been interesting had I not played mostly loose sims though :sweat_smile:

There was one time in TS3 where my sim built a robot son & I actually grew to love the robot son over time. So I thought 'hey! I have a human potion! Lets humanize my awesome robot son!' Pretty much a pinocchio story.

Chucked the potion & was all happy & [edited by EA_Lanna: removed profanity] yada yada... Robo son gonna have a happy human life, all is right in the world...... Robo son turns into a chunky albino with dreads... & he has inherited all bad traits....

So I keep my cool. I will love new son regardless. This is what I wanted, I will not change him despite itching to throw him into cas so.. many.... times...

A few sim weeks fly by. New son is an absolute swine, never cleans up [edited by EA_Lanna: removed profanity] Does [edited by EA_Lanna: removed profanity] all, never leaves the house just slobs around, keeps inviting uncultured swine over trashing the place. Ungrateful [edited by EA_Lanna: removed profanity] most of the time. So out of what little love I had left for new son I kick him out & used cheats to erase him from my family tree. Decide never to have kids ever again. I do end up making a clone baby a few months later though.

Not really a catfish story but pretty much the most vivid simsperience I've had where I loved something(I rarely ever have nurturing tendencies)Then it turned out to be a filthy lie. Back to the topic @ hand please do share your catfish sim stories! :mrgreen: I look forward to reading them :relaxed:

tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    In my main-save, which I disallow all types of supernatural-like beings to exist within, I was playing one household in particular... It used to contain mother (Angela), father (Baxter), and their three kids, Michael, Wilson, and Tanya. Well, the brothers moved out and started their own families, so all that was left was Tanya.
    Poor Tanya Leigh had quite a rough time growing up, always on the search for love but with none of her relationships ever succeeding. They always ended in heartbreak one way or another, usually as a result of finding out her interests already had multiple other romantic partners. This all changed though, when she met a young Sim around her age; his name, Bruno Lopez. The two hit it off immediately and soon became boyfriend and girlfriend.
    Things continued smoothly over the passing Sim-weeks that they dated. With many dates and much WooHoo under their belts, the two were in love and everything was seemingly perfect. Then Tanya learned that she was pregnant! (Thank you, MC Command Center, for keeping my game interesting.)

So the following plan was to move Tanya out of her parents' place and in with Bruno. The two found solitude in a cozy beach house upon the Island in Windenburg, and up until that point, everything still seemed rather normal... I then decided to play their household. It was my first time controlling Bruno, so I was excited to learn about his relationships, career-level, skills, etc., and continue on with the happy couple's legacy. As soon as the household loaded, I began going through Bruno's info, only to learn that he was a vampire!
    I was completely baffled. Bruno- a vampire?! Well. Sticking to my own rules, I removed the traits allowing him to be a vampire, and just to be on the safe side, used MC Command Center to remove the vampire trait throughout the whole save as well. That's normally what works, but not this time around. No cheats, no actual in-game solutions, nothing has helped Bruno return to a regular Sim-state.

Tanya and Bruno still seem rather happy together though; the vampire-aspect hasn't seemed to faze his loving wife whatsoever, and now they're both raising their toddler-daughter, Bianca. They're a happy family, and while I may not want vampires in this particular save, I've so far decided to let Bruno be an exception. He may even be changing my mind. :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So that’s how people get by with cursing up here? Just use the first letter and a #?

*Birdman hand rub*
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    In TS4, I did have ansims marry an alien in disguise. I had absolutely no idea until I move him into the household, although maybe his green Mohawk should have given it away. My sim married him anyway, although they adopted their only child.

In TS3, I often married guys only to learn they had young kids, and that threw my gameplay for a loop. But the best experience happened to my husband. He was playing an inventor in TS3 and used the time machine to explore the past, but an orphan followed him home and he got a child daughter out of the blue. He did not what her at all, so he made her a painting slave until she became young adult. He called her 'The Unwanted One'. :p
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I was going to catfish Zoe Patel into going out with an alien and have his alien baby without her ever knowing about his origin until the baby popped out (I discovered his alien-ness while exploring all the townies with CAS in household management).

But the dude fudged it for me by running a scan on her autonomously and she found out he was an alien. She was pretty good about it and didn't freak out or break it off. They are now living together in the city with their very human son :lol: Maybe I'll have them marry later on. But right now they are content.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    In my main-save, which I disallow all types of supernatural-like beings to exist within, I was playing one household in particular... It used to contain mother (Angela), father (Baxter), and their three kids, Michael, Wilson, and Tanya. Well, the brothers moved out and started their own families, so all that was left was Tanya.
    Poor Tanya Leigh had quite a rough time growing up, always on the search for love but with none of her relationships ever succeeding. They always ended in heartbreak one way or another, usually as a result of finding out her interests already had multiple other romantic partners. This all changed though, when she met a young Sim around her age; his name, Bruno Lopez. The two hit it off immediately and soon became boyfriend and girlfriend.
    Things continued smoothly over the passing Sim-weeks that they dated. With many dates and much WooHoo under their belts, the two were in love and everything was seemingly perfect. Then Tanya learned that she was pregnant! (Thank you, MC Command Center, for keeping my game interesting.)

So the following plan was to move Tanya out of her parents' place and in with Bruno. The two found solitude in a cozy beach house upon the Island in Windenburg, and up until that point, everything still seemed rather normal... I then decided to play their household. It was my first time controlling Bruno, so I was excited to learn about his relationships, career-level, skills, etc., and continue on with the happy couple's legacy. As soon as the household loaded, I began going through Bruno's info, only to learn that he was a vampire!
    I was completely baffled. Bruno- a vampire?! Well. Sticking to my own rules, I removed the traits allowing him to be a vampire, and just to be on the safe side, used MC Command Center to remove the vampire trait throughout the whole save as well. That's normally what works, but not this time around. No cheats, no actual in-game solutions, nothing has helped Bruno return to a regular Sim-state.

Tanya and Bruno still seem rather happy together though; the vampire-aspect hasn't seemed to faze his loving wife whatsoever, and now they're both raising their toddler-daughter, Bianca. They're a happy family, and while I may not want vampires in this particular save, I've so far decided to let Bruno be an exception. He may even be changing my mind. :D
    I know you said you don't want supernaturals, but that whole storyline sounds so interesting like it was from a tv show or something, even better that you didn't expect it lol
    I guess the closest I have was this npc couple who lived in Willow Creek and the wife was a kleptomaniac because she kept stealing stuff :angry: and the husband was used as dealer for a certain mod. Due to the husband's "job" and the wife's trait, I decided to renovate their house to match their lifestyle. I also decided to play as them for a while so their "garden" could grow. Little did I know the wife was a high ranking cop.
    I thought it was funny

tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Oh I love all this peoples :joy:
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Shinya met this hot little thing at the bar. She played hard to get so he had to work for it. By the 4th date it was on and when the clothes came off she didn't have the plumbing he was expecting.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    Lmao!!! :joy:
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited October 2017
    So, uh, @Savage_Patch_Kidd, funny about the no good robot/Sim son, and this is prolly a really dumb question, but how do you make a clone baby? Just like, clone your Sim...and then what, since the youngest Age Down is a Toddler? Oh, did TS3 have other options?

And @DevilNDisguise, so you used MCCC and removed the Vampire Trait, but your Sim still stayed a Vampire? Wow, so odd. Does he use the Plasma Packs, or does he feed? Have you tried giving him the Cure? Is Bianca a Vampire?

Haha, @CupcakeWitch, the game's inner mayhem algorithm or whatever never ceases to amaze me, giving a Sim with the Klepto Trait a job as a cop, love it!

Oh, dear, @GoddessSims, hmm, well, these things happen. :blush:

The Romance Festival is a catfishing pratfall just waiting to happen. At first, it was anybody's guess if Sims were actually available, but now I think if couples attend, they mainly do so together. Maybe it was always that way, and now I just automatically look around to try to spot the couples and go from there.

Not exactly catfishing, but my hardest time of trying to pin down a Sim came when my reporter guy fell for a lovely young townie. Both the pink and green bars shot up the first time he met her at the Rattlesnake, and they talked until 4 in the morning, even had their first kiss. Then, every time he tried to invite her over, or on a date, or even to try to Travel with her, she was always busy. He resorted to becoming a barfly at the Rattlesnake, staying until 5 AM, hoping she would reappear, but no. He tried for weeks! His job was hanging by a thread!

Finally one evening he ordered a pizza, and there she was! He asked her about her job, and the hours were 6 in the morning until 2 AM! She was persuaded to quit that job (Add To Household) in a flash. Turned out her Traits were Ambitious (no duh), Cheerful, and Materialistic. She had a Love Interest with a good friend of my reporter guy, who is married. Prolly one of those autonomous Flirting incidents, but when did she find time.....They're now married with two kids and living happily in Oasis Springs. His buddy was the Best Man, and boy, was he miserable. This was back before you could Ask To Just Be Friends or I would have had her do that!
    edited October 2017
    Didn't know how to tag you so I quoted & wow that is one veeery busy lady :lol:

No not a dumb question at all! :relaxed: With the Sims 3 University Ep there is a machine you can place at home called the ZRX-9000 Science Research Station. When you reach level 9 of the Science skill you can use the machine to clone any sim with a DNA sample producing a baby.

The-Sims-3-University-large-178.jpg
    Post edited by Savage_Patch_Kidd on
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Kinda a weird story, not so much of a catfish moment as an oversight on my part. I was playing my legacy family which had been going on for 8 generations, and was using MCCC for story progression. I would just leave the rest of my legacy family to live their separate lives while I focused on the heirs, so the many branches of the family had dispersed and I'd lost track of everyone. Anyway, I was walking my teenage heir around, searching for a cute girl to carry on the family tree, and I found the perfect sim for him. She was mega beautiful and as my sim got to know her I discovered that she had some great traits. Their relationship bars shot up but even when they were best friends I couldn't find any romance options. I was really frustrated and searched up every solution, but nothing would work. Finally I switched to her household and realized that she was actually one of the heir's cousins! I was pretty mad, and ended up making a copy of her to put in the game (which wouldn't be recognized as related) so my sim could get with her.
    edited October 2017
    @takenbysheep The first high school I went to it was compulsory for ethnic students to attend classes based on their cultural background. I absolutely hated it as I don't speak my parents language nor did I have interest to be frank. Anyway first day of class my language teacher(who actually was a really sweet lady) said as an introductory that the reason why we had to learn about our heritage was so we don't accidentally marry our cousins. The class laughed thinking it was a joke but she just paused & stared for a very long time til the silence made the room feel uncomfortably hot :lol:
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Didn't know how to tag you so I quoted & wow that is one veeery busy lady :lol:

No not a dumb question at all! :relaxed: With the Sims 3 University Ep there is a machine you can place at home called the ZRX-9000 Science Research Station. When you reach level 9 of the Science skill you can use the machine to clone any sim with a DNA sample producing a baby.

Ah, thanks for the reply! I had University, but I had just gotten it before TS4 came out, so I didn't really explore it fully. That sounds nice and involved, similar to the Science Career Cloning in 4. That would be a hoot if they came out as babies, tho. I should go back to 3 and do some of that stuff, but got a new computer as well. Installing it, along with the mods that made it playable, would be a project.

Yeah, she was really busy. But she was not going achieve materialistic success delivering pizza, even doing it 7 days a week, unless she got really big tips, lol.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    This is a Simbot.
    Screenshot-1736.jpg
    I have a humanized Simbot in TS3 and that was one of the scenarios Intended to play out, but never got around to,
    I have been pushing for humanized robots as the ultimate level of potential since The Sims 2.

Screenshot-1840.jpg
    I thought it would be cool for sims to skill up to where they could build highly sophisticated robots so human like that they are hard to tell them apart from regular sims and it would be possible for sims to get involved with sims that are actually robots.
    Screenshot-1866.jpg

EA did it for TS4 aliens however.
    I hope they do it for TS4 robots if we get them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    @CK213 You have no idea just how much I friggin LOVE your post!! :open_mouth::fearful::scream:<3
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    And @DevilNDisguise, so you used MCCC and removed the Vampire Trait, but your Sim still stayed a Vampire? Wow, so odd. Does he use the Plasma Packs, or does he feed? Have you tried giving him the Cure? Is Bianca a Vampire?

When I play their household, I keep him on plasma packs. I haven't tried the cure as of yet, and Bianca is not a vampire.
    edited October 2017
    @CK213 You have no idea just how much I friggin LOVE your post!! :open_mouth::fearful::scream:<3

:D I initially was preparing to post my fishing cat...
    01-30-16_6-24-12nbspPM.png

01-30-16_8-27-08nbspPM.png

...because I was not aware of the meaning of "catfish" since my exposure to other entertainment channels is very low.
    Most of time is eaten up by work and after that I am either playing games or catching up on TV series and movies on bluray. I am three seasons behind on Game of Thrones!

But not that I think about it, my cat sims may have some catfish outcomes at Geekcon where they can hangout with all the cosplayers and no one would realize that they are actually half cat/ half human. :)
    11-16-16_8-34-58nbspAM.png

11-16-16_8-47-48nbspAM.png
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wait we have catfish in the game?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Hahaha funny. Sometimes i thought i found the one sim for my sim and then he was wearing glasses or a costume at a party and i had no idea how he was looking or the glasses made him so cool.. until they woke in the morning or the next date.. I felt i was lied to.

I also ones had a casanova dad who cheated with some woman in town and ones after they woohood he found out she was a vampire.. I did not want anything to do with her anymore after that.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    The [edited by EA_Lanna: removed profanity] parts make your post SO much funnier to read :D I can vividly imagine the words you used :D

@CK213 I really hope we get to have buildable robots again! They're always a lot of fun, especially the Plumbots because you could design not only their looks but also the traits, and it would take a while until you could give them sentience.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have no idea what catfish means.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Other than the biological kind, me neither. But, to compensate, I know what '23 skiddo' means. Leave in a hurry.
    CK213: How do you manage to make cat people? Sounds intriguing.
    CK213: How do you manage to make cat people? Sounds intriguing.

Custom content I came across from different CC creators.
    I also created a custom trait for cat sims, but I rarely see them getting whims related to the trait.
    I hope Pets give me more content to add to them. It would be cool if sims could play with a cat toy or two.
    At the very least they should have a special affinity with cats.
    Thanks! Any particular site?