Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we do another one?

I had a lot of fun voting on this community pack, and I'd love to be able to do it all over again with 5 new themes! I don't know how much preparation time is required, but are there any plans to do a second community stuff pack later next year @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDrake ? :smile:

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Hmmmpppphhhhh.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ninjaconorninjaconor Posts: 105 Member
    I think it would be a great idea. They probably have a better idea what kind of packs the community wants now.

I love how last time they offered such high-concept stuff like "Eco Living" and it basically got whittled down to an everyday thing like "Washing Machines". I think it shows how much people just want more everyday, normal stuff for The Sims 4.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hmmmpppphhhhh.

What's that supposed to mean? You don't want another community stuff pack? :worried:
    ninjaconor wrote: »
    I think it would be a great idea. They probably have a better idea what kind of packs the community wants now.

I love how last time they offered such high-concept stuff like "Eco Living" and it basically got whittled down to an everyday thing like "Washing Machines". I think it shows how much people just want more everyday, normal stuff for The Sims 4.

Very good point, there's still a lot lacking in the everyday home area. And now laundry is out of the way I think other ideas have a fairer shot at making it, it feels like the prospect of laundry had kind of overshadowed all the other ideas.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I personally don't want another. I'm not fond of how this one turned out. But I would vote and participate next time should we do it again.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Considering all the stuff packs for next year are already in development phase and the 5 community pack theme ideas were things that they said they didn't intend to use in any of their planned content, I'd say the odds of another community pack are highly doubtful. We basically got the winner of their also-ran ideas. From a personal standpoint, I'd be fine without another one....I don't think anything I voted for at any stage actually won a vote, lol.
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    I would love to do another one, but I think I would want it to be a game pack or ep, so we have much more options.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hmmmpppphhhhh.

What's that supposed to mean? You don't want another community stuff pack? :worried:

Yeah, I don't want one. Cuz I'm not happy with this one. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    If they do it again, I hope that they fix the voting process. If we had just started by voting on gameplay features, we either would have gotten laundry or not gotten laundry, and then could have built the concepts around it. I realize that they were trying to make this mirror the real life development process, but it essentially became a group of people who wanted eco friendly stuff and a group of people who only cared about laundry (I still don't understand why people actually wanted that feature, but whatevs). That way, we could have saved the awesome buy-mode stuff for a different pack and filled this one with basic clothes and basic furniture.

I still hope that we'll get an actual eco-friendly pack at some point.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I don't know if I'm emotionally ready for another round of gameplay deceptions lol But I am an optimist, so I would participate anyway.

This got me curious to hear about Graham's personal balance of the process. I wonder if they perceive it now as something positive or more troublesome than expected.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Hellagood88Hellagood88 Posts: 76 Member
    Id like another one as I missed the last one, being a newbie, sounded interesting
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I don't know if I'm emotionally ready for another round of gameplay deceptions lol But I am an optimist, so I would participate anyway.

This got me curious to hear about Graham's personal balance of the process. I wonder if they perceive it now as something positive or more troublesome than expected.

I would assume troublesome... if only because now he has to act like he's excited to promote laundry.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I would rather not personally. Think it just causes divides in the community.
    Plus I like almost all the ideas in some context so it always feels like a loss and it puts more niche players at risk of consistently being overlooked for the main stream because everyone is forced to choose only one.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I'd do it again in a New York minute. It was great to see all the things the teams came up with. I loved getting "a look behind the curtain" to see how the process works and how things are made.
    And now that the laundry behemoth is out of the way we can really start picking some cool stuff!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    I hope we can get another one It would be Great :)
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited October 2017
    If TS5 does game packs (assuming there is a TS5 at some point) I'd like to see one of these things, but with a game pack. I'm sure it'd be a nightmare of logistics, but that's why I'm suggesting so far from now. :tongue:

I think community ideas tend to be big and SPs are small. It'd be cool to see something where more detailed ideas and input can possibly make it into the pack. Also just to see some of the BTS level workings of a GP being put together.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I would assume troublesome... if only because now he has to act like he's excited to promote laundry.

Graham said a few months before the community pack was announced that he wanted to do laundry and that if simmers wanted it they had to make some noise. This was on Twitter.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    YES another community stuff pack would be amazing! :)

A community Game Pack would even be better
    a256aFi.gif
    If you do decide to do another community SP @SimGuruGraham can I put my Sweet Tooth Stuff idea forward to be included in the initial vote? Omg that would make me so happy!! :love:
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I think there should be a voting system on what's the most relevant and needed game play in the game.
  • littlemoondustlittlemoondust Posts: 29 Member
    I'm really sad I missed all the voting.. I hope they do another one!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    No it makes too much dramas if a pack win on others.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It was great fun this time but I don't think I'd want to do it again for a while.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    No it makes too much dramas if a pack win on others.

There will always be drama no matter what really :lol:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Please no. This was a sham from the beginning.
    C0gfE.gif