Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    I was so happy to see an update today! :) I totally ship Emily and Chris! <3 I really like Eris it has a nice ring to it! I still think Chris will figure out whats going on with Emily and her husband and somehow save her from him. Ravens temper is out of control she could have handled that so much better than she did. I guess I won't miss her too much if she's out of the picture! Beautifully written and the screenshots were wonderful! Loved the supermarket cc felt like I was really there! :)

@TheGeekGamez You did wonderful on Emily she's simply gorgeous!

To be fair to Raven she doesn't know other way. Her dying mother asked her to be strong and practically hide her own emotions. Her dad has been pretending she does not exist. I can't imagine her ever holding Chris in her arms and cry with him if he ever opened up to her. She understands him, but she can't offer him the comfort he needs. She is not a motherly type like Emily. And we all know he's subconsciously looking for the forgiveness of his mother.

Glad you liked the supermarket. I worked a nightshift there to put all the goods in the racks. :D
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Was that Nightshade in the background with the chief?

You know very well it was him! :D Especially after I kept complaining about those Vulcan ears he unexpectedly grew. Thankfully his disfiguration wasn't permanent. Although I'm sure Raven would enjoy the sight of him.
    10-10-17_1-54-12_AM.png
    I totally loved this line: I wanted to drop to my knees and pledge my life to her.
    GAAAAH! <3 That was so dope.

I thought of Gimli and Galadriel from the Lord of the Rings when writing that one. How weird is that?
    Poor Chris. He has so many pressures on him, and the biggest pressure (which is self-inflicted) is the very pressure that causes his nightmares. He wants so badly to be the good son, but yet the "good son" let his mother die (in his mind at least). Such a conflicted young man. I see Emily's degree coming in very handy in this regard, but then again, that would be dangerous. Bring it on! :D

Let's hope he wins the fight against his inner demons eventually and comes out of it a better man.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    New chapter! Yay!

Chris... I know you like Emily, but can you at least buy PROPER groceries???
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    New chapter! Yay!

Chris... I know you like Emily, but can you at least buy PROPER groceries???

Come on, he was completely smitten by her beauteous appearance. Who would think about such mundane stuff like groceries?
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @Maladi777 "Glad you liked the supermarket. I worked a nightshift there to put all the goods in the racks. :D"
    This totally cracked me up! :D:D:D
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Maladi777 "Glad you liked the supermarket. I worked a nightshift there to put all the goods in the racks. :D"

Me too :joy:

It's a true story. I'm not kidding. Those racks don't come full... :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Yay! The new chapter! I was so happy that finally I can read it :blush: It seems Chris has met his true love. But again... He can't be with his love like his father couldn't :( It's really sad although I don't want to lose a hope that maybe Chris will not repeat his parents fate ;) And Kellie and Terry... They would be great couple. Waiting for the cereal - beer party :D

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm building a ship, no a fleet! And anyone can join it and we'll push Raven off admits sea.

I'm so glad Emily can see her child again! She deserves to be happy! I hope Chris'll work on that!
    Terry having dinner over at their house... Cheeky, is Chris trying to set them up? Little does he know Kellie's got a beautiful immortal up her sleeve!
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    edited October 2017
    I honestly didn't notice him in the background the first time. I was too busy looking at Chris lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Terry having dinner over at their house... Cheeky, is Chris trying to set them up? Little does he know Kellie's got a beautiful immortal up her sleeve!

What? Nooo! :scream: Don't you dare withholding Kellie from Terry! I'm shipping Tony with anybody but Kellie. It's just... weird. :s
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited October 2017
    Yay! The new chapter! I was so happy that finally I can read it :blush: It seems Chris has met his true love. But again... He can't be with his love like his father couldn't :( It's really sad although I don't want to lose a hope that maybe Chris will not repeat his parents fate ;) And Kellie and Terry... They would be great couple. Waiting for the cereal - beer party :D
    Interesting. I didn't think of the parallel between Tony & Beryl and Chris & Emily. Clearly the father and son share the same passion for the unattainable. Hopefully Emily's fate won't be as tragic as Beryl's. Yes, hopefully.
    I'm building a ship, no a fleet! And anyone can join it and we'll push Raven off admits sea.

I'm so glad Emily can see her child again! She deserves to be happy! I hope Chris'll work on that!

Immortal? If you mean Tony, he's not immortal. He can die. He certainly would not survive a decapitation. But who would decapitate him? People don't carry swords and axes or katanas these days... oh wait.
    I honestly didn't notice him in the background the first time. I was too busy looking at Chris lol.
    And that's perfectly fine! I would be outraged if you said you didn't notice Chris because you were too busy looking at Henry Nightshade!

What? Nooo! :scream: Don't you dare withholding Kellie from Terry! I'm shipping Tony with anybody but Kellie. It's just... weird. :s

Tony and Kellie = weird. Yes. Absolutely UNTHINKABLE. Who on Earth would even ship those two? No chemistry there. None whatsoever. It's not like things of this sort ever happened in real life, not at all. And we already know there's a mysterious blonde woman waiting for Tony in the not so far future. Him and Kellie? Bah. Those two couldn't be different.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    There is only one woman for Tony...EVER...and you killed her.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2017
    Do my eyes deceive? An update??? :anguished: YAY!

My favorite word of the chapter: "akimbo".

And da boy is in LOVE! Too bad Emily's MARRIED, Chris. Yes. Married. And while I'll admit the chief's an a*sswipe, Chris doesn't know the guy abuses her. I wonder if he should be fantasizing so much about his boss' wife. But I loved his flowery thoughts about her in the supermarket (and happy you found a way to use those poses! I was coveting them, but they do not go with my story at all.)

Why is Chris still with Raven? They don't seem like they have a good relationship at all. I guess it's because they don't know what else to do since this is their normal for a while? (Or until he saves his true love from that huge d*ouche. Then out she goes along with her computer and journalist pencils.)

And a (HOPING, CROSSING ALL FINGERS, TOES AND EYES) new ship's about to be birthed? Hmm.??? Could there be a Ship Tellie floating out there someday? I hope so. I've shipped them ever since Thomas started acting like a true Nightshade. And it's nice to see Chris doing something helpful for a family member for a change.

The end of the chapter made me laugh. (Gosh, Kellie, your dear, sweet bro was only salivating over his boss' wife, but you don't need to know that. ;) )

I do hope Chris does try to visit his father. (Terry and Kellie can be in on it with him to break him out!)

BTW, which poses were yours? You're REALLY challenging me to start trying to make my own soon. I feel so limited with what's out there. (Jojo helps me tons on major plot points, but I can't rely on her all the time. I applaud you in your efforts! Wonderful pics, darling!)
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Tony and Kellie = weird. Yes. Absolutely UNTHINKABLE. Who on Earth would even ship those two? No chemistry there. None whatsoever. It's not like things of this sort ever happened in real life, not at all. And we already know there's a mysterious blonde woman waiting for Tony in the not so far future. Him and Kellie? Bah. Those two couldn't be different.

:D
    forum_final.png

Skcaga6 wrote: »
    There is only one woman for Tony...EVER...and you killed her.

Tony is not meant to stay alone forever. Beside the fact that all the Italian passion of his has to be channelled into something (and he can't keep running around killing everyone he meets - it may be good for reducing the overpopulation, but it's not good for his soul), we can agree that we like him and want him to be happy again. Come on, I know you want to see him flirt and sweep women off their feet, just admit it. All those funny conversations, he shines in those! If you want a story about an ascetic hermit living in celibacy, I'm sure there must be someone who writes those too... but I'm not the person. :p

And da boy is in LOVE! Too bad Emily's MARRIED, Chris. Yes. Married. And while I'll admit the chief's an a*sswipe, Chris doesn't know the guy abuses her. I wonder if he should be fantasizing so much about his boss' wife. But I loved his flowery thoughts about her in the supermarket (and happy you found a way to use those poses! I was coveting them, but they do not go with my story at all.)

Why is Chris still with Raven? They don't seem like they have a good relationship at all. I guess it's because they don't know what else to do since this is their normal for a while? (Or until he saves his true love from that huge d*ouche. Then out she goes along with her computer and journalist pencils.)

And a (HOPING, CROSSING ALL FINGERS, TOES AND EYES) new ship's about to be birthed? Hmm.??? Could there be a Ship Tellie floating out there someday? I hope so. I've shipped them ever since Thomas started acting like a true Nightshade. And it's nice to see Chris doing something helpful for a family member for a change.

The end of the chapter made me laugh. (Gosh, Kellie, your dear, sweet bro was only salivating over his boss' wife, but you don't need to know that. ;) )

I do hope Chris does try to visit his father. (Terry and Kellie can be in on it with him to break him out!)

BTW, which poses were yours? You're REALLY challenging me to start trying to make my own soon. I feel so limited with what's out there. (Jojo helps me tons on major plot points, but I can't rely on her all the time. I applaud you in your efforts! Wonderful pics, darling!)

Chris knows the chief does not treat Emily well, but he doesn't know about the daughter yet. Why is he still with Raven? Because despite all the fighting she still attracts him? Because it's convenient as no real feelings are actually involved? He craves a healthy relationship and at the same time he's not willing to give everything to it. Maybe he's so enamored of Emily because he knows he can't have her, thus it is safe to love her. It is possible their relationship would fail for the same reason - his inability to open up to her.
    And as you say, he may stay with Raven until he's sure of his chances with Emily. He wouldn't be the first nor the last man to act this way. Yeah, poor Raven and her journalist pencils. :)

All these ships are my favorite too, so anything can happen. I hope no one will be disappointed, I know I won't. Much fun ahead.

Regarding the poses. Mine were the car poses, Chris in bed poses - I edited an existing pose for those two, and also Chris buttoning up his shirt was mine, although it may have not look that way. Honestly, those fingers are too difficult to get right! :D
    10-07-17_3-53-25_AM.png
    I'm not planing to release any own poses any time soon. I'm quite content if I manage to make a pose that looks decent from a certain angle. But it's a start!
    heffners_orig.jpg

Something funny here? :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    @Maladi777 when you said: Tony and Kellie = weird. Yes. Absolutely UNTHINKABLE. Who on Earth would even ship those two? No chemistry there. None whatsoever. It's not like things of this sort ever happened in real life, not at all. And we already know there's a mysterious blonde woman waiting for Tony in the not so far future. Him and Kellie? Bah. Those two couldn't be different.

I was thinking what a super sarcastic answer. Now I'm worried it could happen. I think it would be yucky but... :o

Something funny here? :D

There's always something funny here!
    forum_final.png

edited October 2017
    @Maladi777 when you said: Tony and Kellie = weird. Yes. Absolutely UNTHINKABLE. Who on Earth would even ship those two? No chemistry there. None whatsoever. It's not like things of this sort ever happened in real life, not at all. And we already know there's a mysterious blonde woman waiting for Tony in the not so far future. Him and Kellie? Bah. Those two couldn't be different.

I was thinking what a super sarcastic answer. Now I'm worried it could happen. I think it would be yucky but... :o

Lol! Our darling author has a quick sarcastic wit. Be afraid...be very afraid. :smirk:

(I personally wouldn't be opposed to a bit of flirting but I think she's more like a daughter to him. Who knows, though? I'm on board the good ship Tellie.)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Chris knows the chief does not treat Emily well, but he doesn't know about the daughter yet. Why is he still with Raven? Because despite all the fighting she still attracts him? Because it's convenient as no real feelings are actually involved? He craves a healthy relationship and at the same time he's not willing to give everything to it. Maybe he's so enamored of Emily because he knows he can't have her, thus it is safe to love her. It is possible their relationship would fail for the same reason - his inability to open up to her.
    And as you say, he may stay with Raven until he's sure of his chances with Emily. He wouldn't be the first nor the last man to act this way. Yeah, poor Raven and her journalist pencils. :)

All these ships are my favorite too, so anything can happen. I hope no one will be disappointed, I know I won't. Much fun ahead.

Regarding the poses. Mine were the car poses, Chris in bed poses - I edited an existing pose for those two, and also Chris buttoning up his shirt was mine, although it may have not look that way. Honestly, those fingers are too difficult to get right! :D
    10-07-17_3-53-25_AM.png
    I'm not planing to release any own poses any time soon. I'm quite content if I manage to make a pose that looks decent from a certain angle. But it's a start!

I love those car poses. Was the couch pose with Chris reaching for the paper yours? That was so realistic. If/when I start poses, I won't be offering them up at first either. It's hard enough just getting a chapter out. You do a great job with expression!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited October 2017

Lol! Our darling author has a quick sarcastic wit. Be afraid...be very afraid. :smirk:

(I personally wouldn't be opposed to a bit of flirting but I think she's more like a daughter to him. Who knows, though? I'm on board the good ship Tellie.)

Oh I am afraid very afraid! :# Not sure I'm on board with Terry and Kellie yet. :/
    Edited to add: Not sure I like Terry. He seems sweet but...
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited October 2017

Haha, I know you ship them in some way :p They do look good together but still, it's weird. No thank you, I prefer Terry. B) But I agree with @pammiechick , a bit of flirting can't be too much - Kellie needs a little practice in that for Terry anyway because I don't think he's too eloquent in it :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

Haha, I know you ship them in some way :p They do look good together but still, it's weird. No thank you, I prefer Terry. B) But I agree with @pammiechick , a bit of flirting can't be too much - Kellie needs a little practice in that for Terry anyway because I don't think he's too eloquent in it :#

And practice she shall have.
    Next time Terry meets her, she'll be a quite different woman. :p
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member

Immortal? If you mean Tony, he's not immortal. He can die. He certainly would not survive a decapitation. But who would decapitate him? People don't carry swords and axes or katanas these days... oh wait.
    And that's perfectly fine! I would be outraged if you said you didn't notice Chris because you were too busy looking at Henry Nightshade!

What would you specify him as then? Except for incredibly handsome :lol:

Also, I appreciate your sense of sarcasm in the latter very, very much :lol:

What would you specify him as then? Except for incredibly handsome :lol:

Also, I appreciate your sense of sarcasm in the latter very, very much :lol:

I'd call him ageless now, but certainly not immortal.

Sarcasm? What sarcasm? I have no idea what you're talking about! :o
    heffners_orig.jpg