Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    JassAkgun wrote: »
    So can we have vampires, aliens that is created for the asylum? Is it ok to have them? If it is, is there any restrictions or rules only for them?
    Interesting choices to use either Aliens or Vampires for this challenge. The Aliens could use Erase Memory. Vampires would have a built in smorgasborg with a steady Plasma supply.
    I say go for it and let us know how it works out.
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    Currently writing an updated version, thank you @EuphorialQueen and others for answering questions in my absence. :)
  • madsikatmadsikat Posts: 8 New Member
    I've only had the sims for about a month now but this was the first challenge I started! It's fun but gets weird sometimes one of the other girls in my asylum died because of a fire! Then I couldn't have smoke alarms because I had no money! SO fun but SO hard! Love it :p !
  • Smol_PuffinSmol_Puffin Posts: 2 New Member
    Can my sim who for storyline purposes moving into the asylum to start the challenge bring her pet fish? He's a beloved part of her family and the only family she has
  • cyansimscyansims Posts: 7 New Member
    I haven't played the challenge yet because I'm still building the asylum! I am playing the hard version of the challenge. Woodworkers (Handiness)can upgrade furniture, and you are fine with that. Can the woodworker make more furniture, such as building eight chairs (for all Sims to watch TV at the same time)?
    > @cyansims said:
    > I haven't played the challenge yet because I'm still building the asylum! I am playing the hard version of the challenge. Woodworkers (Handiness)can upgrade furniture, and you are fine with that. Can the woodworker make more furniture, such as building eight chairs (for all Sims to sit and watch TV at the same time)?
    @cyansims said:
    I haven't played the challenge yet because I'm still building the asylum! I am playing the hard version of the challenge. Woodworkers (Handiness)can upgrade furniture, and you are fine with that. Can the woodworker make more furniture, such as building eight chairs (for all Sims to sit and watch TV at the same time)?
    Can my sim who for storyline purposes moving into the asylum to start the challenge bring her pet fish? He's a beloved part of her family and the only family she has
    That is so cute about your pet fish. I would certainly want to bring along something so important. <3

@cyansims Looks like the forum had a hiccup and your post appeared a few extra times :lol:
    Creating decor or other items on the work bench would be fun. I love having my Sim create furniture instead of buying it.
    Limited seating is part of this challenge.
    Of course how you play is your choice. ;)
    In your written challenge (the first web page describing your Asylum challenge) the headline "Upgrading Objects", you wrote:

"When the asylum saves up a bit of money you can start replacing the cheap furniture and appliances with high quality furniture and appliances. You can only replace items, you cannot buy extra items. For example you can replace the fridge but you can’t have two fridges. You cannot upgrade objects in hard mode.
    Using the handiness skill to upgrade objects is allowed in all difficulty modes."

The last two sentences completely contradict each other: "You cannot upgrade objects in hard mode. Using the handiness skill to upgrade objects is allowed in all difficulty modes."

I'm doing the hard challenge option. I need to know what exactly I can or can't do with the handiness skill Thanks so much! I will enjoy the challenge once I can finally finish building the asylum!! Betcha I lose three Sims within the first day!
  • Em_Squat95Em_Squat95 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just out of curiosity. If i get the workshop table as part of the skill builder options. Can i keep the furniture built by the sims? Or would i have to sell it?
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    So i love doing challenges but i always adjust them to my liking
    -there are 7 patients whom i swap each sim day and i will be aiming to complete their aspirations
    -there is a caretaker whom i play whenever there is something to fix or clean, he lives at the top floor and his room is locked so nobody can enter
    -my patients do not work and do not contribute in asylum funds - i consider it government costs :)
    -i did not choose any difficulty level - i have 6 rooms and an isolation ward. If someone does not get to take a free bed, they have to sleep there on a cell bench

So far i played 5 sim days and it is awesome. So much drama. They flirt and woohoo a lot then they become jealous of one another!
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2017
    This challenge is so much fun! When I created my controlled patient and other inmates, I decided to go completely random (except for the controlled Sim). I clicked the dice 3 times in every category possible, name, body shape, skintone, head shape, eyes, nose, lips, etc. and even did the same thing for their clothes! I ended up with some very unique looking Sims. hehe Surprisingly only one looked like they were completely insane. Poor guy had HUGE ears, close cropped red hair, mutton chops and his everyday outfit was Darth Vader wearing pink flip flops. LOL So fun!

Anyway, I'm on my second go round with a different randomized set of Sims now. The first round my controlled patient was extremely close to completing his aspiration in easy mode when I realized I'd forgotten to give him the insane trait! o.O Opps! I didn't mind starting over though since easy mode was a little TOO easy.

I'm doing medium mode now and my controlled patient, Jace Cooper, has just completed his first aspiraton, Painter Extraordinaire. He just started the Atheletic aspiration before I closed my game for a bit to let my laptop cool down. He's also only one level (Level 8 I think) away in obtaining the best easel from the Master of the Real branch in the Painter career. I'm thinking about taking all his vacation days and possibly having him quit his job after that. He already makes tons of money from his paintings.

Not sure what I'll do for his required third aspiration, but I want something that uses the handiness skill. With all the broken objects (even after upgrading) he's leveling up fast in that skill. I thought the 'unbreakable' toilet was, well, unbreakable... uh, no. *grumbles* At one point EVERYTHING that could break was broken, sparks & smoking everywhere, the stove and one counter was burned up from a fire that broke out when someone was cooking, the livingroom/kitchen was thoroughly flooded, everybody was filthy, angry, despised each other and fist fights were breaking out by the kicked over trash can outside. LOL Jace was at work when all this happened so he wasn't affected. So funny!

I know one of the aspirations involves a lot of handiness, maybe Nerd Brain? But it also requires building a rocket if I'm not mistaken. Are we allowed to purchase and build rockets to fulfil an aspiration even if it takes us over the skill objects limit?

That leads me to another question I have. In the rules it says:

"When you have finished building the asylum you cannot modify further, unless sims get stuck in a certain area or your asylum saves up enough money for a new skill building item or when you can purchase an upgraded item."

In reference to the bolded part, does that mean we CAN buy more skill building objects if the asylum has enough simoleans for them? Is the limit of 5 objects in the rules just for the beginning of the challenge?

Another question I have concerns earned skill objects too, sort've. The rules say you can't place anything that alters emotions unless it's a skill object earned from leveling up in your career. Is this true of objects/skills earned from leveling up in an aspiration too? The reason I ask is because Jace can now paint emotional paintings for sad, angry, flirty, playful, etc. without needing to be experiencing that emotion. If it's allowed I'd love to hang one or more on the walls just for fun to see how it affects his fellow inmates. hehe

Thanks for updating this challenge for TS4 and let me know your thoughts when you get a chance. :)@simswithcheese Going offline to play again now. Happy Simming everyone! <3

EDIT: Oh, before I go I have one more question. The rules say we're allowed to use satisfaction points to buy reward traits. Does that include the Youth potion? I want to keep Jace a young adult as long as possible so I can continue to play with him after the challenge is over. At the rate he's going now, he'll be an elder before he finishes all three aspirations. He only has 8 days left before his adult birthday. o.O Thanks!
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • XxN_MxXXxN_MxX Posts: 27 Member
    Can you build a room just for your main sim and give them luxuary items but just lock everyone else out of her part of the lot ??

So all the others have to use the asylum ?
  • KrispyNickyBKrispyNickyB Posts: 167 Member
    Question for fans of this challenge. I used two sims from another game in this challenge. One was a clean slate. However, the other kept her skills, job, etc. I had her quit the job. (She's not my main sim) Does having her in the game lose the challenge?

Also, if you'd like to watch me play this challenge I am filming it. So join me over on Youtube. I'd love comments, likes, suggestions, shares, subscribes. -->KrispyNickyB
    Join me on Youtube !
    First Videos launching on October 3rd
  • amyp2011amyp2011 Posts: 2 New Member
    Omg I just started this challenge and I already had a fire and my main sims almost died from it!!! So what happens if your main sim dies?
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    amyp2011 wrote: »
    Omg I just started this challenge and I already had a fire and my main sims almost died from it!!! So what happens if your main sim dies?

Eeek! you lose the challenge.
  • rainesrandirainesrandi Posts: 47 Member
    Just curious if there will be any pets that can be added to the asylum challenge?
    GrandiSunshine
  • Slug7447Slug7447 Posts: 70 Member
    I'm gonna do this AND I WILL BE FREEEEE but I'm gonna change the rules I'm gonna make them have to get a skill to level 10 and complete half of a aspiration and Make then have a girlfriend or boyfriend
  • Silent_KSilent_K Posts: 1 New Member
    I really love this challenge and I hope you can answer my question, My character made a barstool . Can I leave it in house or I can't since i'm only allowed 8 seats only? Please get back at me as sooooooon as you can
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Silent_K According to the challenge founder/owner as mentioned here on page 7 -
    ....With the woodworking table you can either sell the things your Sim makes or you can keep them around the asylum.....

you can use anything crafted on the woodworking table in your asylum. Hope this helps! :)
  • DumbDoreenDumbDoreen Posts: 29 Member
    Any suggested lot traits?