Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Build-n-Share - The Hawthorne Project XIV - Due 31 Jan 2022

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Cool @PersRealmsShadow ! I like the two house challenge idea! Just FYI - you have Jim and Shane down as F for female. Cool three generation idea too!
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @Ainsleyf LOL! Fixed thanks for noticing, I was really tired XD
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    We've all been there, @PersRealmsShadow
    and @FaithofKaela I can't wait to see what you come up with!
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE TWO
    Name:Charlotte Harper
    Traits: Foodie, Loves the Outdoors, Family Oriented
    M/F/TG:F
    Aspiration: Master Chef
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Former Food Prep

Sister's Name: Emily Harper
    M/F/TG:F
    Traits:Good, Loves the Outdoors, Childish
    Aspiration: The Curator
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation): Former Busgirl

Child 1 Name:
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name:
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Hello, my name is Charlotte Harper and I'm writing to you out of sheer desperation. When the house of my dreams came up for auction, they would only take cash payment. So I sold off everything I had of value and emptied my accounts to pay for it. I had only started researching insurance when the floods came. We lost everything. The local restaurant where my sister and I worked was also destroyed by the storm and the elderly couple that owned it just doesn't have the energy or inclination to rebuild it. So now we're both out of a job as well. We really need help. My sister, Emily, is cognitively challenged but highly functioning and could probably take care of herself. It's just that I've been watching out for her our whole lives and I really need for us to stick together. Besides,I've always wanted to be a chef and she's my best food critic!

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish) Well, a good kitchen is really important to me. My sister is quite the collector, so she'd just love some space for her collections, even though she'll have to start them from scratch. We all really love the outdoors as well, so it'd be wonderful to have some outdoor living space as well as a nice yard for the dog I've promised Emily (ON NOV 10 - YAY). It would also be wonderful if we could grow some of our own vegetables. Emily's kind of a big kid at heart, so some toys would make her very happy. She also LOVES animals, of any kind. Obviously we'd be happy with anything we got, but I figured it couldn't hurt to let you know the things that we hold most dear.

The Harper Twins:
    LYwWljB.jpg
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE TWO
    Name: Yeaton Rhodes
    Traits: Good, Genius and Family Oriented
    M/F/TG: M
    Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Former Corporate Raider (Investment/Business Career)

Spouses Name: N/A
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: Raven Rhodes
    Child 1 M/F/TG: F-Teenager
    Child 1 Traits: Hot-Headed and Genius
    Child 1 Aspiration: Renaissance Sim

Child 2 Name: Quinton Rhodes
    Child 2 M/F/TG: M
    Child 2 Traits: Good
    Child 2 Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp

Child 3 Name: N/A
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

My name is Yeaton Rhodes. For the last 10 years, I've been homeless, living in the streets of the Spice Market District of San Myshuno. I was once a very successful Wall Street Investor until my company went under due to Simsider trading. My wife took my children and left me alone and broken. Over the years I've found solace by working in soup kitchens, fixing repairs in local restaurants and helping the elderly community with their taxes and retirement plans but it never filled the void of me not being with my children. I am applying for The Hawthorne Project because my ex wife remarried and doesn't want our children in her "new" life and agreed to give me Full custody of our kids. I need this project to be able to provide a good, stable home for my children to begin repairing the damaging effects of them being without a father for 10 years.

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)
    I have been without a home for so many years it's hard for me to know exactly what we would need in our new home. All I know is that I would like for our house to feel homey, with a family room filled with group activities we can do together. I used to be a Grand Master in chess tournaments and would love to teach my kids one of my GREATEST passions. My son is full of love and energy, so an outdoor space where he can run and play would be much appreciated. I'm not quite sure if my daughter is going through a phase but I know she would appreciate a dark colored bedroom with an easel so that she can express her emotions in a healthy way. I personally would love to have a home office so that I can keep servicing the elderly and the kids can keep in touch with their old friends via the computer. Thank You for your consideration.

A8esf1a.jpg
    Very Cool @Caramellibra29!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Phase II of Project Hawthorne: Sims is now officially closed
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Phase III is now open

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE III
    Name:
    Traits:
    M/F/TG:
    Aspiration:
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation):

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name:
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name:
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH3

The deadline for this challenge is 4th November 2017
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Good luck everyone!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    I'm super excited to see which deserving household gets a home :)
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited October 2017
    I love your writing style, @CaramelLibra29 . How you wrote the write up for this comp was very creative. I am a teacher and a writer so can usually pick talented writers. I have a fantasy writing competition running if you are interested in expanding that writing talent of yours. You seem to have a flair for writing. See here for details. It is open for any one else too if they are interested. Mhybor's Harvest, A fantasy writing competition

edited October 2017
    I really like the sound of this comp too. Is it too late to join up @BuildnShare?

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    It's never too late @Jendowoz0612 as one is chosen each month for a challenge, just fill in the application form :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Is this with or without CC, @masajo? If they need to be uploaded I'd say no CC right? And that is fine. I do both anyway. So if I understand this correctly, I put in an application for a lot/house surrounding the circumstances of the Sims I make in CAS and then do others do the houses, or do I?, Bit confused. :) Or does everyone have a go at making someone else's house that has applied?

@Jendowoz0612 no CC is allowed for this challenge. Each month one family is chosen. There will be a separate building challenge for creators to design a house for the winning family. This will be announced on the Sims 4 Build-n-Share Challenge. Full rules can be found on the first page of this thread :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Okay, thank you, @masajo I will have another read through. When making a CAS family do these need to be uploaded or is it just the house made for them that is uploaded.

The CAS family needs to be uploaded @Jendowoz0612 :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Okay, no problems, thank you again, @masajo

A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE

Congrats @PersRealmsShadow Murphy And Otenga have been chosen as the recipients of phase two! Your Sims will be featured in the next Hawthorne Legacy challenge.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @PersRealmsShadow Congrats on your family being chosen to receive a home in through the Hawthorne Project. Can't wait to see their beautiful home :smile:
    edited October 2017
    Congrats @persrealmsshadow!!
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @CaramelLibra29 @Ainsleyf @BuildnShare Woohoo! Thanks :D *boogieboogie* I needed this awesome today so double thanks <3
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • NHubandNHuband Posts: 12 New Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE III

Name: Abagail Unruh
    Traits: Neat, Family oriented, Perfectionist
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration: Super Parent
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Stay at home mom/housewife

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name: Lily Unruh
    Child 1 M/F/TG: F/Teenager
    Child 1 Traits: Creative, Music Lover
    Child 1 Aspiration: Musical Genius

Child 2 Name: Byron Unruh
    Child 2 M/F/TG: M/Teenager
    Child 2 Traits: Active, Loves the Outdoors
    Child 2 Aspiration: Bodybuilder

Child 3 Name: Chloe Unruh
    Child 3 M/F/TG: F/Child
    Child 3 Traits: Genius
    Child 3 Aspiration: Whiz Kid

Hi. I am Abagail Unruh. I met my husband Micah in high school. He was captain of the football team and I was captain of the cheer leading squad. It was expected that we would date. I feel head over heals for Micah, who was so loving and kind and gentle. There were no signs of the man I now know. We were married right out of high school. Lily and Byron were born within a year of our wedding, and are now 15. Chloe was born when the twins were 7. When the twins were 9 and Chloe was 2, Micah got injured on the field, and could no longer play football. He started drinking, and has been so angry ever since. He drank his way through all the money he earned playing football. When the money started to run low he got even angrier. The first time he hit me I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I thought it was just a one time thing because of the stress he was under. Then it happened again and again. He never did anything in front of the kids. It was always when we were alone, or in our room. I stayed because I didn't want anyone to know. I was so ashamed and was sure I had done something wrong every time. Then one day Byron got caught cheating on a test, and was suspended for 3 days from school. Micah was so angry, and started pushing Byron around. Lily screamed at him to stop, and called the police. I was picking Chloe up from school. Micah was charged with assault, and I reported him for abusing me for the last 5 1/2 years. That was 6 month ago. He is now in jail and our divorce was just finalized. After Micah got charged the police took the kids and I to a transition house. After Micah went to jail I found out he had taken out a loan against the mortgage, and had been gamboling away everything we owned. The mortgage went into foreclosure and we lost the house. We had to sell everything to pay off his gamboling debts. I am applying to the Hawthorn Project to get a fresh start for me and my kids. I just want to be the best parent I can be to them, and teach them that when life gets hard, there is always a reason to hope. We have been going to family and individual counseling, which is really helping. Since leaving the transition house 3 months ago we have been living with my sister and her husband. They have a basement apartment that we have been using, but they need to rent it out for income since my sister will be on maternity leave soon. I have a job interview as a dishwasher tomorrow, and I am pretty sure I will get it. I have always been a good cook.

Well, we don't need anything elaborate. We just need a roof over our heads. We need at least three bedrooms. The girls can share a room if they need to. I know Lily would really like her own room, with a small space to practice her music, but she understands that we all have to sacrifice sometimes. Chloe is very smart, and wants to be a dr some day, so will need a place to study and work on her logic. Byron should have his own room being the only boy. He is athletic just like his dad. He wants to join the football team, and needs a place that he can work out. For me, I just need a small bedroom with a small 3 piece bathroom attached. I would like a nice kitchen with a table where we can sit and have our meals together. A family room with games and a tv would be good. We really need a space to be able to spend some time together and be able to just sit and talk if we need to.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6B07AB32B17911E7871905A57EEC9667?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=NicHub&max=50&maxis=false

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH3
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    @BuildnShare "The rules All entries must be original work. Avoid using "styled looks" or pre-created Sims from Sims 4. Any competitor who submits another creator's work will be disqualified and banned from any future Build-n-Share challenge."

How does one create a sim from scratch. I was under the impression that the process always started with a pre-made Sim that could then be modified / personalized.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top