Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No doghouses and not a real graveyard, why?

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
Where will dogs & cats make babies and why add a graveyard but not considering like a type of lot?

Here is the information about that : https://simsvip.com/2017/10/12/sims-4-cats-dogs-create-pet-live-stream-info-qa/
Lu4ERme.gif
Post edited by Jordan061102 on

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    What if they got a replacement for it?
  • Loserfangirl420Loserfangirl420 Posts: 14 New Member
    I was hoping eventually someone will make a cc dog house or somthing. I know I'm going to need a lot of cc for the dogs because it seems cats got more things (such as the cat condos and lots of toys and such) but maybe they just haven't showed it all yet. I will patiently wait for the buildmode livestream to see what they have made.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Maybe in their mind they forgot to add the doghouses because if they could not do it because of technical difficulties then that would be sad. However, I do not think that is the case and they may add it down the road but do not hold your breath too long. While Sims 4 has improved greatly it still has it's shortcomings.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 am i wrong or did drake say in an interview they wanted this game to be a safe space? It was the same interview where she said/implied (I forget) that this game was targeted at teenage girls. Im on mobile and have trouble copy and pasting but it shouldn't be hard to find. That's what i was referring to.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    @Zeldaboy180 am i wrong or did drake say in an interview they wanted this game to be a safe space? It was the same interview where she said/implied (I forget) that this game was targeted at teenage girls. Im on mobile and have trouble copy and pasting but it shouldn't be hard to find. That's what i was referring to.

Don't ever remember that. If it was said, it was probably about things like murder, disabilities, sickness etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

Don't ever remember that. If it was said, it was probably about things like murder, disabilities, sickness etc.

Just gonna say that if the Sims team actually feels people need a safe space from "disabilities," I'll take my money elsewhere right now. That's a pretty warped "safe space" if actual people are considered unsuitable for it.
    Keffers wrote: »
    Why so passionate about dog houses? Who even uses them anymore.

Imagine you have a doghouse and you wanna make your home in the game. Now you can't give your dog a doghouse, and that's frustrating considering how basic the object is.

Imagine you wanna make iconic cartoon characters, celebrities, pop icons and other such well-known figures and fill a game file with those. You decide to get to work making iconic dogs and make Snoopy. Immediately you notice the loss of the dog house.

It's not game-ruining, but it's very annoying considering how basic it is, and yes it gives reason to question what the heck is going on with the management of the game when we constantly have time for things like talking toilets, rocket ships, cupcake factories and shark cats on roombas (<---I'm gonna place my bet now I guess and say this is the gimmick that eats into the gameplay livestream akin to talking toilet), but we don't have time for firefighters, doghouses, hot tubs or cars.

I agree. If the team thinks that disabled people are somehow less than human, then maybe I should stop wasting my money on their games.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    any dog beds?
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member

Just gonna say that if the Sims team actually feels people need a safe space from "disabilities," I'll take my money elsewhere right now. That's a pretty warped "safe space" if actual people are considered unsuitable for it.

Imagine you have a doghouse and you wanna make your home in the game. Now you can't give your dog a doghouse, and that's frustrating considering how basic the object is.

Imagine you wanna make iconic cartoon characters, celebrities, pop icons and other such well-known figures and fill a game file with those. You decide to get to work making iconic dogs and make Snoopy. Immediately you notice the loss of the dog house.

It's not game-ruining, but it's very annoying considering how basic it is, and yes it gives reason to question what the heck is going on with the management of the game when we constantly have time for things like talking toilets, rocket ships, cupcake factories and shark cats on roombas (<---I'm gonna place my bet now I guess and say this is the gimmick that eats into the gameplay livestream akin to talking toilet), but we don't have time for firefighters, doghouses, hot tubs or cars.

We have hottubs? Plus, I don't think dog houses are on the same level of missing content as firefighters and cars. I think you're seriously over thinking the importance of dog houses.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    maybe the reason they aren't in there is they let you build one and assign it to dogs like we do sims beds
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited October 2017
    Some are passionate because that is their wish, quite sure you had wanted something in your game that was not there. What may not matter to you, may matter to them. Not having doghouses is not an deal breaker for me but all in all it would have better to have them in the game and give more options to the player. However, I see mods that will fill in what EA/Maxis failed to do.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I remember the comments about safe space. To be fair there was never any implication the game was a safe space from murder or disabilities. It was about bullying.

I suspect the omission of dog houses is either because we have an alternative in game, they aren't needed for breeding, perhaps it's a sign of the times? (I don't use a dog house, I don't know anyone that does) I have considered also that this could mean we have a pets stuff pack on the horizon with the "premium" item being.. The Talking Dog House!! -cynical head on.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand now why some are upset at this. I'm not with dog houses because I assume there is an alternative I.e dog beds in game. I don't use dog houses in the sims 1,2 or 3 unless I plan to breed. But am I worried about the game play lacking and objects missing? Absolutely. Once bitten twice shy and all the focus on creating multicoloured pets with stamps on wearing daft costumes leaves me wondering if the rest of the pack balances out.

To my understanding, we're getting another stream for the vet career and then a final stream for "build and buy mode, Brindleton Bay and gameplay." I already find it a bit concerning that gameplay is having it's stream divided up with two other groups that - in the context of a stream - are again largely aesthetics rather than gameplay.

The vet career getting it's own stream isn't really reassuring because:

1) It's one career. A past pack that offered 3-4 wasn't received well, so why would one career be able to carry an EP?

2) It recycles the retail system. The retail system failed in Get To Work, the retail system failed in Dine Out, so I don't see why I should have faith in it now. If anything it makes me wonder how many corners were cut.

3) Even if it were amazing, it feels like a distraction from what should be the main focus of the pack: Dogs and Cats. Vet stands as the lone "excuse" that this pack brings something new. If Vet were amazing, they'd point at it nonstop and talk about how amazing it is...to distract from how lacking the actual pets are. Is that worth it if we get an amazingly detailed career in exchange for cats and dogs being forgettable...? It'll be nice if it's actually a great career, but it's hard to justify one quality career and a bunch of other half-finished features as a $40 EP.

The Vet Career isn't like Get To Work, it's like Dine Out, which the only criticism was the we could not be the chef. The rest of the system was great, and we get to be the Vet, so it should work really well.

Also, your comments don't make sense.

The Vet Career will give us a close up look at Pet live mode play, as our Sims will be surrounded by Pets. Also, it makes sense to show Pets alongside BBay, simply because we'll want to see how Pets interact with Sims, and other Pets in the world, and then also see how Pets interact with Build Buy items. It all connects!

They clearly want to save the bulk till last, and CAP and Vet career are small tastes before the ultimate reveal. They did the same in The Sims 3 livestreams and for all the other packs. We had small tastes of Island Paradise, University etc, before a huge chunk was revealed.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I remember the comments about safe space. To be fair there was never any implication the game was a safe space from murder or disabilities. It was about bullying.

I suspect the omission of dog houses is either because we have an alternative in game, they aren't needed for breeding, perhaps it's a sign of the times? (I don't use a dog house, I don't know anyone that does) I have considered also that this could mean we have a pets stuff pack on the horizon with the "premium" item being.. The Talking Dog House!! -cynical head on.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand now why some are upset at this. I'm not with dog houses because I assume there is an alternative I.e dog beds in game. I don't use dog houses in the sims 1,2 or 3 unless I plan to breed. But am I worried about the game play lacking and objects missing? Absolutely. Once bitten twice shy and all the focus on creating multicoloured pets with stamps on wearing daft costumes leaves me wondering if the rest of the pack balances out.

To my understanding, we're getting another stream for the vet career and then a final stream for "build and buy mode, Brindleton Bay and gameplay." I already find it a bit concerning that gameplay is having it's stream divided up with two other groups that - in the context of a stream - are again largely aesthetics rather than gameplay.

1) It's one career. A past pack that offered 3-4 wasn't received well, so why would one career be able to carry an EP?

2) It recycles the retail system. The retail system failed in Get To Work, the retail system failed in Dine Out, so I don't see why I should have faith in it now. If anything it makes me wonder how many corners were cut.

3) Even if it were amazing, it feels like a distraction from what should be the main focus of the pack: Dogs and Cats. Vet stands as the lone "excuse" that this pack brings something new. If Vet were amazing, they'd point at it nonstop and talk about how amazing it is...to distract from how lacking the actual pets are. Is that worth it if we get an amazingly detailed career in exchange for cats and dogs being forgettable...? It'll be nice if it's actually a great career, but it's hard to justify one quality career and a bunch of other half-finished features as a $40 EP.

The Vet Career isn't like Get To Work, it's like Dine Out, which the only criticism was the we could not be the chef. The rest of the system was great, and we get to be the Vet, so it should work really well.

Also, your comments don't make sense.

The Vet Career will give us a close up look at Pet live mode play, as our Sims will be surrounded by Pets. Also, it makes sense to show Pets alongside BBay, simply because we'll want to see how Pets interact with Sims, and other Pets in the world, and then also see how Pets interact with Build Buy items. It all connects!

They clearly want to save the bulk till last, and CAP and Vet career are small tastes before the ultimate reveal. They did the same in The Sims 3 livestreams and for all the other packs. We had small tastes of Island Paradise, University etc, before a huge chunk was revealed.

Hopefully, it will all come to light. I really never was interested in pets for any versions but the one or two reasons this pack interest me is the addiction of the new Neighborhood and the Vet option.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Maybe in their mind they forgot to add the doghouses because if they could not do it because of technical difficulties then that would be sad. However, I do not think that is the case and they may add it down the road but do not hold your breath too long. While Sims 4 has improved greatly it still has it's shortcomings.

They will never add Pets (Cats and Dogs) stuff past this EP. Not in SP's, not in other EP's/GP's, so them adding Dog Houses is very unlikely if they are not in the game by now.

The reason we got a Toddler SP for example, was because they patched Toddlers in for everyone. If they made us pay for Toddlers, thus being a different pack, there was no Toddler SP.

The packs they create have to work as a stand alone version. No other packs should be needed for a new pack to function, that is how they work.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

...What are you talking about? They both build on the foundation of the very same system. That foundation has resulted in bugs and slow performance twice, so why would this time be any different? Sure it could be, but it's not exactly inspiring to know they're recycling a notoriously problematic foundation when making this career. I see no reason to get hopes up for this career.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"